People Leave Way Too Much

Put any feedback about the game here.

People Leave Way Too Much

Postby Zyprexa2024 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:21 am

Every game I play, 2 - 5 people die N1, and sometimes 4 of them are suicides. Mostly the suicides are Mafia, NK, or NE, and if you are any role evils leaving makes things less fun. When town leaves, it can be jailor, medium, ret, mayor, really anything, it has the same effect on a smaller scale. I am not 100% sure what to do about this, but the suggestions forum has lots of good ideas to make mafia more fun, or boring town roles more enjoyable.
Zyprexa2024
Survivor
Survivor

Re: People Leave Way Too Much

Postby dota2reporter » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 am

just report people who leave and they'll do it less
26-18 ToSFM
34-26 MU
0-3 MS

60-47
dota2reporter
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner
[Forum Mafia XIX] Winner

Location: Somewhere in Kazakhstan, switching between UTC +5 and +6

Postby kyuss420 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:01 am

Yea its gotten worse in coven too since the release of coven tickets.

Idk why people leave when theyre evil, becoming better at being evil makes you way better at being town, I mean, as town, how do you counter the strategies the evils are utilising when you dont even know the strategies? How do you know a role is legit when tracker/LO saw them visiting a role they had no business visiting? How do you not mislynch townies because they visited a target that evils wouldnt be targeting?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 am

At least for mafia, mafia is usually a pretty boring faction. And compared to town, it loses often. So people don't want to stay in a game they are likely to lose.

As for people leaving more, it's because you can't get a guilty verdict for leaving unless you admit to it, and often it may be deemed innocent too. I don't know why they don't let your determine verdicts based on past history, but right now, they don't. I know that they are adding something in the future, but for now, leavers basically get a free pass (outside of ranked). Hopefully it gets better when they update the reporting system.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby noveiia » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:40 am

The thing is on mobile it’s really easy to get disconnected so if you base it on past offences it’ll just result in mobile players being screwed over.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:27 am

Maybe, but that means they should make it easier to stay connected as a mobile player. But when I say judging it from past offenses, it doesn't take a genius to see that a player who only leaves when they are mafia or specific roles isn't leaving because they got disconnected.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Agreed that mobile players will be screwed. I feel like saving this post just in case I’d get in trouble for disconnecting too much on mobile.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby ThePublicDomain » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:46 pm

The problem is not about what is boring or fun. It's about your odds of winning.
Most people won't stay if they think their odds of winning are less than 15%.
ThePublicDomain
Witch
Witch

Return to Feedback