Remove the 5 minutes waiting if you quit after 10 minutes

Put any feedback about the game here.

Remove the 5 minutes waiting if you quit after 10 minutes

Postby spamme1 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:04 pm

I don't understand why I have to wait for mafia to kill me when it is obvious that town has lost. After 10 minutes, at day 6 when only three players are alive and two are mafia, why do I have to wait to be killed from mafia to start a new game? Because if I quit I have to wait 5 minutes! This doesn't make any sense! Quitter are annoying when they quit at the beginning of the game and ruins the game for the others, but at the end when it is obvious how it will end, it is really stupid.
spamme1
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Remove the 5 minutes waiting if you quit after 10 minute

Postby Villagerlover » Sat May 18, 2019 10:02 pm

The problem with doing this is that you will ruin games with roles that have remained secretive.

For instance, an unrevealed mayor. Or a member of the mafia who is actually disguised when the mafia are really shorthanded.
You can't just predict everything. Sometimes there are genuine surprises that give the game a sharp turn, and taking away those "5 minutes when it's obvious" is a stupid reason to take away an element of surprise. It will make the game more predictable, and if the game continues going, then townies will know there is something fishy going on because the game didn't end early.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kyuss420 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:14 am

1. When you leave as the last maf, the remaining players have to wait a night before you actually die and the game ends, I think you should get 45 second penalty for every player in the game on top of the 5 minute penalty if you leave late game (waste 45 seconds of my game time should be added to your game time)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 pm

kyuss420 wrote:1. When you leave as the last maf, the remaining players have to wait a night before you actually die and the game ends, I think you should get 45 second penalty for every player in the game on top of the 5 minute penalty if you leave late game (waste 45 seconds of my game time should be added to your game time)

No, the 5 minute penalty is enough of a punishment for this. Leaving during the discussion phase only wastes 15 seconds of each player's time (30s voting + 30s night - 20s defense - 20s judgment - 5s last words), and 15 seconds times the number or remaining players will never be more than 5 minutes.

So players who leave early when certain to lose got their just desserts, there's no need to add more punishments.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Thu May 23, 2019 2:40 am

Brilliand wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:1. When you leave as the last maf, the remaining players have to wait a night before you actually die and the game ends, I think you should get 45 second penalty for every player in the game on top of the 5 minute penalty if you leave late game (waste 45 seconds of my game time should be added to your game time)

No, the 5 minute penalty is enough of a punishment for this. Leaving during the discussion phase only wastes 15 seconds of each player's time (30s voting + 30s night - 20s defense - 20s judgment - 5s last words), and 15 seconds times the number or remaining players will never be more than 5 minutes.

So players who leave early when certain to lose got their just desserts, there's no need to add more punishments.

idk who taught you math dude, but the game doesnt end 15 seconds after the idiot leaves and the night phase alone is 30 seconds of everyones time wasted
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Thu May 23, 2019 3:02 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

idk who taught you math dude, but the game doesnt end 15 seconds after the idiot leaves and the night phase alone is 30 seconds of everyones time wasted

The game doesn't end instantly if the idiot doesn't leave. You still have to spend 45 seconds lynching him.

If he DOES leave, you have to spend 60 seconds waiting for the game to declare him dead.

The difference between those scenarios is only 15 seconds.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:06 am

yea but at least you are doing something in the 1st lot of 45 seconds, when he leaves, you just sit there doing nothing, making it boring for all involved.

also the voting doesnt last 30 seconds.... it would take 5 seconds to vote him up, then defence starts, then judgement, then last words. So apart from last words, the time would be the same + the night phase, so 25 seconds, which is long enough to miss the next lobby and have to sit in queue til another match ends
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Flavorable » Fri May 24, 2019 6:21 am

All in all, I don't see a reason why we should make it easier for Leavers.

How about instead, you just be patient and wait till the game is done? It's not -that- hard, imo. The couple extra seconds or minutes aren't going to kill you.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Brilliand » Fri May 24, 2019 3:05 pm

kyuss420 wrote:yea but at least you are doing something in the 1st lot of 45 seconds, when he leaves, you just sit there doing nothing, making it boring for all involved.

also the voting doesnt last 30 seconds.... it would take 5 seconds to vote him up, then defence starts, then judgement, then last words. So apart from last words, the time would be the same + the night phase, so 25 seconds, which is long enough to miss the next lobby and have to sit in queue til another match ends

20 seconds for defense, 20 seconds for judgment, 5 seconds for last words.

I counted voting him up as taking no time at all.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Feedback