New Rules

Put any feedback about the game here.

New Rules

Postby TurnaboutTeddy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:36 pm

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=97313

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=97382

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=97381

I think BMG should make an announcement of some sort to inform new players of the ruleset BEFORE punishing them?
CaO :3

Favorite roles: Coven Leader, Coven Leader, Witch, Coven Leader, Coven Leader, and also Coven Leader!
Least favorite roles: All that other stuff. But screw Amnesiac in particular.
TurnaboutTeddy
Witch
Witch

Re: New Rules

Postby Bluedetroyer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Honestly I agree. Are we now supposed to check all the rules before playing 1 game-session? Especially considering this is pretty different from the previous "malicious link"
I own 3 dogs and 3 cats.
hello

Behind the Mask Record

1-1

Spoiler: BtM: School Trouble - Loner (Deceiver) - guesses DP8 - Chef (poisoner) win
IDDY BtM - Pesant - Pesant (me) win

Bluedetroyer
Witch
Witch

Postby TurnaboutTeddy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:16 am

Bluedetroyer wrote:Honestly I agree. Are we now supposed to check all the rules before playing 1 game-session? Especially considering this is pretty different from the previous "malicious link"

TP granted these appeals but I still think it's ridiculous that there hasn't been any kind of announcement.
CaO :3

Favorite roles: Coven Leader, Coven Leader, Witch, Coven Leader, Coven Leader, and also Coven Leader!
Least favorite roles: All that other stuff. But screw Amnesiac in particular.
TurnaboutTeddy
Witch
Witch

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:25 am

As far as I’m aware these rules are basically only aware to people in the Trial System server, the Devs (duh) and like a few more Town of Salem related Discord servers. That’s it, so you’re looking at about a few thousand (10k tops) members knowing these.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:32 am

This might be a stupid question, but why was there a blanket ban on all links in the first place? Regardless of whether or not people are notified of the change, it seems a little overbearing.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby zzjay » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:02 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:This might be a stupid question, but why was there a blanket ban on all links in the first place? Regardless of whether or not people are notified of the change, it seems a little overbearing.

It is not a stupid question.
It is also not a good decision to remove link posting,when it's also a way for people to stay in touch and enkoy the game,like a discord server,or a twitc stream.
But their game,their decision...

I hope they realize limiting the innocent players so much,just because a few decided to post harmful links,will not help.
The pay-to-play + no cheating + no troll/afk/leaver rules should be enough to clean the community.
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Anyar » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am

Agreed, ToS players should definitely know about rule changes. Even jurors don't know about the P2P rules unless they check out Discord/this forum. How can they expect to judge when they don't know the rules?
Anyar
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Transcender » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am

zzjay wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:This might be a stupid question, but why was there a blanket ban on all links in the first place? Regardless of whether or not people are notified of the change, it seems a little overbearing.

It is not a stupid question.
It is also not a good decision to remove link posting,when it's also a way for people to stay in touch and enkoy the game,like a discord server,or a twitc stream.
But their game,their decision...

I hope they realize limiting the innocent players so much,just because a few decided to post harmful links,will not help.
The pay-to-play + no cheating + no troll/afk/leaver rules should be enough to clean the community.

oh god dont mention tos twitch streams.
If they are gon ban links, make it that the suffixes (.com,.co.uk,.tv) are autodeleted with the domain name. So much easier that way
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Return to Feedback