BMG needs to start treating their community better.

Put any feedback about the game here.

BMG needs to start treating their community better.

Postby Jakinator178 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:12 pm

There is a big problem with Blank Media Games: They are awful at enforcing rules. Look for instance at the reports subforum. So many recent reports have not been moved to the closed reports section. Several of these are valid reports too! Here is a very valid one I filed, and apparently, nothing has been done still!

If you aren't going to read the whole post then take this away: Blank Media Games should not just take a break from punishing players just because the Moonman Bot flood from last fall is over.

With this game no longer being Free-To-Play, we deserve better treatment. I would like to put out a few ideas of mine:

1. Eliminate Town Points entirely. I think it was a good idea back when it was FTP, but now it is just getting insulting.
2. Offer Town points as a reward for participating in the Trial System and giving accurate judgments. It is a perfectly fair reward.
3. There should be an option to watch ads for Town Points.
4. Anything that can be purchased with Town Points should be purchasable with Merit Points. Especially the taunts (If taunt spamming is a concern, then there should be a limit to the number of taunts that can be used per round)
5. Really pay attention to your community with the watch ad for free classic ticket system. I have a bad feeling that anyone could just set up an alt account, view an ad, and gamethrow. I suggest that these tickets do not stack and will expire after 1 hour.
6. Add a reverse search function to Trial-bot for reports a player filed. I have heard there is a privacy concern to this, but it would be a great way for players to know that people are looking at reports and not letting trolls and toxic behavior fly in the game. This would also be useful if BMG has no plans to look into the report players forum. I understand it is primarily for cases like a player is lobby stalling or spamming lobbies, but it seems to be the only way we can actually get results about our reports.

Edit: I know that with the Unity Port being on the way, that is going to bring some great gameplay changes. These are just some quality of life changes I suggest.

Town of Salem is a unique and very fun game, but I really want to see BMG treating us better for now.

Also, can we get a new patch soon with some QOL or gameplay changes or some new promises for us to savor?
[center]Image

Godfather Bless America
Jakinator178
Witch
Witch

Re: BMG needs to start treating their community better.

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Don't want to put words into anyone's mouth, but I would imagine the report was moved because it was an in game report. In game reported are dealt with through Trials. You can see this in action by just checking out appeals, or Trials itself.

As for your other feedback:

1: This is unlikely to happen. We have been working to bring back free play, and will likely continue to try to do so. We have made several improvements to different attack paths that were abused before, and will continue to make improvements.
2: This is also unlikely to happen. We have a policy now of only allowing users to get Town Points when a purchase is involved to some extent.
3: We do have a plan for opt in ads, whether they give TP or MP rewards is uncertain right now. I would imagine MP, but that system is not complete, so can't say for sure.
4: This won't happen as somethings we designed with the intention that they would would be TP only purchases.
5: We have seen some abuse, but not too much. It is better for the game overall, even if there are some negatives to it. We have seen a noticeable jump up in many statistics that we track since this change.
6: The privacy concern is the biggest issue here. I don't really see the benefit for this. Your argument is to ensure reports are being handled. You either trust us or you don't. If you don't reporting is pointless, if you do then reports are being handled.

I imagine you may not agree with everything I said, but we appreciate your feedback either way! If you have any counterpoints, or further feedback I would love to hear them.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Jakinator178 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:19 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Don't want to put words into anyone's mouth, but I would imagine the report was moved because it was an in game report. In game reported are dealt with through Trials. You can see this in action by just checking out appeals, or Trials itself.

As for your other feedback:

1: This is unlikely to happen. We have been working to bring back free play, and will likely continue to try to do so. We have made several improvements to different attack paths that were abused before, and will continue to make improvements.
2: This is also unlikely to happen. We have a policy now of only allowing users to get Town Points when a purchase is involved to some extent.
3: We do have a plan for opt in ads, whether they give TP or MP rewards is uncertain right now. I would imagine MP, but that system is not complete, so can't say for sure.
4: This won't happen as somethings we designed with the intention that they would would be TP only purchases.
5: We have seen some abuse, but not too much. It is better for the game overall, even if there are some negatives to it. We have seen a noticeable jump up in many statistics that we track since this change.
6: The privacy concern is the biggest issue here. I don't really see the benefit for this. Your argument is to ensure reports are being handled. You either trust us or you don't. If you don't reporting is pointless, if you do then reports are being handled.

I imagine you may not agree with everything I said, but we appreciate your feedback either way! If you have any counterpoints, or further feedback I would love to hear them.

Ok so let's respond to this
1. I get the idea of paid cosmetics being around in games since forever... But with how small or even better, "niche" town of salem is, I feel like $5 to have unlimited access to a mode is plenty of revenue.
2. Well with how many reports are stuck in the open section of the forums it is kind of hard to believe that Trial judges are doing their job.
3. Well it really should be Town Points. I feel like that if it was Merit Points, players wouldn't really have much of an excuse.
4. Honestly, I see your point. But taunts are just overall as useless as the scrolls from the daily brew.
5. I like the fact that it is getting more users through and not bringing much trouble. I can't argue your logic.
6. I get the idea, but how do we know our reports are taken seriously? How do we know our reports have consequences? I get the idea that privacy may be a small bargaining chip in this situation, but at least let Trialbot PM us with a
"You reported Deodat LawandOrder for spamming. We found them guilty." Or maybe we could have a unique trial id number that is given to us via automated message when we generate a report?

Thank you at least for replying quickly. That does count for something in my opinion.
[center]Image

Godfather Bless America
Jakinator178
Witch
Witch

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:32 pm

1: That kind of logic seems really flawed, and detrimental to the growth of the game.
2: I can understand why seeing open reports in the reports section would make it seem that way, but its more equivalent to moving a bug report from the suggestions thread to the bug reports thread. It is a post that doesn't really belong in that forum.
3: Can't really argue that TP is a better incentive than MP.
4: Taunts are some of the most popular purchases in the shop, same with some scroll types. Not that you thinking they are useless is wrong, just not your thing.
5: Nailed it :D
In all seriousness though we are keeping an eye on things to make sure things keep running smoothly.
6: This is something we get asked a lot. We do want to add a system that will let users know when a report they filed is dealt with. It likely won't have the specific report, but just something along the lines of "Thanks for using the report system, because of you the community is better."
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Jakinator178 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:56 pm

3. I can guarantee you that TP would be a good pr move for the game.
6. Well ok as long as we can know what the results of it were... I would be happy

One thing that would work is being able to see those promotional ads like discounted town points, taunt bundles a bit more. Or add more bundles to the store. Just make our money worth spending.

And please... Don't make anything forever exclusive to town points. (I said please!)
[center]Image

Godfather Bless America
Jakinator178
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:37 am

Just as a quick FYI:

Forum reports are generally not the number 1 priority for Judges, which is why those reports tend to stay open longer. Also, sometimes reports are left open in there because there is no ingame report filed, but the Judges want to see if a new, similar ingame report gets filed.

All in all, judges do judge queue first, since those are the reports that have actually been voted on by the community first.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:56 am

just buy everything in the shop for merit points..... I get 300 Town points and 2000 Merit points a week, from the cauldron, theres nothing else left for it to spit out
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:21 am

kyuss420 wrote:just buy everything in the shop for merit points..... I get 300 Town points and 2000 Merit points a week, from the cauldron, theres nothing else left for it to spit out
I’ve seen you suggest this multiple times for a lot of different problems, and no matter how many times you suggest it, it still isn’t helpful.

You said that it took you eighteen months to buy everting that is purchasable in the shop with merit coins. After that, the cauldron began to give you nothing but scrolls and things that could only be bought with TP. And that’s great. You solved the long-term problem of getting premium items from the shop without paying for them.

What you haven’t solved, for everyone you suggest this to, is the immediate problem. The problem of someone needing/wanting a specific premium item from the shop at short notice while on a tight budget. The problem of if you want to have taunts so that you can be on the same playing field as everyone else, or you’ve fallen in love with a skin at the shop that you don’t have the TP for and don’t want to be at the mercy of the RNG, what do you do for a year and a fucking half while waiting to get enough merit points to buy everything!?
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Jakinator178 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:25 am

This is why I stay in till the end of the game. Buy up all the merit point items, then use the town points to force the cauldron to give me a lovely discount.
[center]Image

Godfather Bless America
Jakinator178
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:just buy everything in the shop for merit points..... I get 300 Town points and 2000 Merit points a week, from the cauldron, theres nothing else left for it to spit out
I’ve seen you suggest this multiple times for a lot of different problems, and no matter how many times you suggest it, it still isn’t helpful.

You said that it took you eighteen months to buy everting that is purchasable in the shop with merit coins. After that, the cauldron began to give you nothing but scrolls and things that could only be bought with TP. And that’s great. You solved the long-term problem of getting premium items from the shop without paying for them.

What you haven’t solved, for everyone you suggest this to, is the immediate problem. The problem of someone needing/wanting a specific premium item from the shop at short notice while on a tight budget. The problem of if you want to have taunts so that you can be on the same playing field as everyone else, or you’ve fallen in love with a skin at the shop that you don’t have the TP for and don’t want to be at the mercy of the RNG, what do you do for a year and a fucking half while waiting to get enough merit points to buy everything!?

Welcome to the real world dude, where you have to put in time to acheive anything you want and nothing comes at the click of a button. You seem like one of those players that leaves the lobby when it doesnt fill within 30 seconds of you entering. Also they seem to have removed taunts and scrolls from the cauldron and put in the 300 TP and 2000 MP currency prize in place. So BMG are rewarding the players that have stuck with them for over a year, I think thats awesome, and kinda nullifies the whole issue being raised in this post. What do you do for a year and a half? The same thing all us veteran players did, grind for merit points and buy up what you dont have, why should you guys get so easily what we have put in the time and effort to acheive? Next you'll be complaining that it takes too long to grind from silver to masters ELO in ranked and demand lower brackets receive higher ELO points so they dont have to grind for a year....

I will never be able to solve the lack of patience in other people.... thats another life lesson you should learn fast if you want to get anywhere. Like, really? BMG treats its customers bad because a) we want stuff without paying for it (arguement is void, because as i said, they are giving players who have put in the time and effort 300 TP per week) b) we dont want to put time and effort into getting to the point where we dont have to pay for it (well, then pay for it)
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Descender » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:55 am

oh god dont make another one of these
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:48 am

kyuss420 wrote:snip
You are making a lot of assumptions about me that really have nothing to do with my point. I’m not going to address them, except to say that you are clearly looking down on me because you think I have no patience, and it shows.

Anyway. Whether or not I personally have patience is irrelevant here. My point is that, when people have problems with TP or premium items, you should not be saying “oh just buy everything from the shop with MP” and peddling it like it’s this easy solution. It’s not easy, and it doesn’t even begin to solve their specific problem until a year and a half later at best. Your suggestion is not the panacea that you say it is. Don’t act like you’re better than me because I notice that.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:07 am

not looking down on anyone, just pointing out that wanting something for nothing isnt going to happen when you are dealing with a business, I mean feel free to go and play Zynga or any chinese browser gaming companies pay to win game and maybe youll see how fair BMG really is.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:53 pm

I can understand that people have problems with premium items, but that doesn't really change the fact that the move to a premium and non premium currency was a great business move for us, and has helped us to make other improvements to the game. Its ok to not like paying for things, I don't like paying for things, but sometimes it is necessary.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Brilliand » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Jakinator178 wrote:6. I get the idea, but how do we know our reports are taken seriously? How do we know our reports have consequences? I get the idea that privacy may be a small bargaining chip in this situation, but at least let Trialbot PM us with a
"You reported Deodat LawandOrder for spamming. We found them guilty." Or maybe we could have a unique trial id number that is given to us via automated message when we generate a report?

Why would you need to see the results for the specific report that you filed? Go to the trial system, load up one of the reports it asks you to vote on, and click one of the "Other Reports" links. This gets you a permanent link to that other report (and thus to every other report on that person as well). Save the URL and check back later - you can see exactly what judgment was made on the report.

That only lets you view other people's reports, not your own, but that shouldn't matter.

(I just popped into Trial and tried this myself, and the first report I see has what appears to be a rather egregious multi-accounting harasser with a mountain of reports "closed without judgment". This gives me little faith that his most recent report will be guiltied either... so I've saved the link, and I guess I'll raise a stink about it later if it isn't guiltied.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:26 am

Brilliand wrote:
Jakinator178 wrote:6. I get the idea, but how do we know our reports are taken seriously? How do we know our reports have consequences? I get the idea that privacy may be a small bargaining chip in this situation, but at least let Trialbot PM us with a

Why would you need to see the results for the specific report that you filed? Go to the trial system, load up one of the reports it asks you to vote on, and click one of the "Other Reports" links. This gets you a permanent link to that other report (and thus to every other report on that person as well). Save the URL and check back later - you can see exactly what judgment was made on the report.

That only lets you view other people's reports, not your own, but that shouldn't matter.

(I just popped into Trial and tried this myself, and the first report I see has what appears to be a rather egregious multi-accounting harasser with a mountain of reports "closed without judgment". This gives me little faith that his most recent report will be guiltied either... so I've saved the link, and I guess I'll raise a stink about it later if it isn't guiltied.)

Reports only close as "Closed without Judgment" if a newer report gets guiltied (so they don't get punished for something they already got punished for in quick succession without knowing what they were punished for). It also happens if they've existed for over a month without being handled, which, sadly was the case for some valid reports in the past because of the bots flooding reports. Judges still check a person's report history for valid reports in cases that are hard to sus out or borderline and take them into consideration, though.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:32 am

Already a known fact.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Villagerlover » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:51 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:snip
You are making a lot of assumptions about me that really have nothing to do with my point. I’m not going to address them, except to say that you are clearly looking down on me because you think I have no patience, and it shows.

Anyway. Whether or not I personally have patience is irrelevant here. My point is that, when people have problems with TP or premium items, you should not be saying “oh just buy everything from the shop with MP” and peddling it like it’s this easy solution. It’s not easy, and it doesn’t even begin to solve their specific problem until a year and a half later at best. Your suggestion is not the panacea that you say it is. Don’t act like you’re better than me because I notice that.

kyuss420 wrote:not looking down on anyone, just pointing out that wanting something for nothing isnt going to happen when you are dealing with a business, I mean feel free to go and play Zynga or any chinese browser gaming companies pay to win game and maybe youll see how fair BMG really is.

Well, you clearly are making assumptions about MysticMismagius, and you're very much heavily implying they are impatient. And yet, they bring up a really good point that you just seem to keep dodging around. No casual person (majority of "fanbase") is going to devote a year and a half (estimated) to buy every single non-premium skin just so the cauldron can only have the chances of getting the premium items. If anything, it just comes off as you bragging about how you supposedly figured out the entire system.

This is why I really support a better community, because it's a narcissistic attitude like yours that will just continue to drive new people away from what could be a better environment. When a noob makes a post about a Firefighter putting out Arsonist douses, we can politely tell them why it's not a good idea instead of making memes/jokes about it like the current toxic community would probably do.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:04 am

Well, Villagelover, if they dont want to play for a year, then they always have the option of purchasing what they want... Im not sure how I figured out the system tho, I just played casually, with my casual friends over the last year, and most of them have every skin/pet/house or are not very off of it, and the currency prize was a recent addition, like in the past month or 2 recent. The cauldron no longer gives taunts or scrolls.

Idk what you are spending your merits on if you have played since 2015 and stilll havent bought out the shop

So you want me to suggest they have prize day in the cauldron twice a week instead of once a week? To speed up the process from 18 months to 9 months? Maybe others could of suggested instead of just suggesting they give freebies? This is what we want, this is what we have, maybe meet us halfway devs, if we meet you halfway???
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Villagerlover » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:41 am

kyuss420 wrote:Well, Villagelover, if they dont want to play for a year, then they always have the option of purchasing what they want... Im not sure how I figured out the system tho, I just played casually, with my casual friends over the last year, and most of them have every skin/pet/house or are not very off of it, and the currency prize was a recent addition, like in the past month or 2 recent. The cauldron no longer gives taunts or scrolls.

Idk what you are spending your merits on if you have played since 2015 and stilll havent bought out the shop

So you want me to suggest they have prize day in the cauldron twice a week instead of once a week? To speed up the process from 18 months to 9 months? Maybe others could of suggested instead of just suggesting they give freebies? This is what we want, this is what we have, maybe meet us halfway devs, if we meet you halfway???

Well the thing is that I'm usually busy with my real life, and don't have time to binge-play town of salem like I used to anymore. I might be able to squeeze a game or two every now and then nowadays, but yes I do have most of the skins from the shop. But not all of them. Though, I could probably buy them all out with merit points if I really wanted since I currently have 23,698 merit points at the time of this post. But I'm just too lazy to spend it tbh hehe.

And for the record, merit points were not a thing before your arrival. We used to only have gold coins which was a lot different back then, and could buy literally anything from the shop. I still have leftover gold coins I could spend on an exclusive skin or two, but I am going to wait for a skin that comes out that I really really want.

And no, I never suggested anything like that at all. Please do not continue assuming things. I said that I support a better community with less toxic players and more welcoming arms and understanding in general. I personally could care less about skins since I'm more interested in the game itself, but for those who really want exclusive skins, maybe there could be an expensive potion you can buy with merit points that gets added to the cauldron to increase your chances of getting something premium.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby id10ts » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Villagerlover wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:Well, Villagelover, if they dont want to play for a year, then they always have the option of purchasing what they want... Im not sure how I figured out the system tho, I just played casually, with my casual friends over the last year, and most of them have every skin/pet/house or are not very off of it, and the currency prize was a recent addition, like in the past month or 2 recent. The cauldron no longer gives taunts or scrolls.

...for those who really want exclusive skins, maybe there could be an expensive potion you can buy with merit points that gets added to the cauldron to increase your chances of getting something premium.

*looks at 130000 merit points and lack of things left in store that can be purchased with them*

*considers lack of interest in scrolls as I only play ranked*

An emphatic +1 to this.
id10ts
Escort
Escort

Return to Feedback