Coven Tickets Rework

Put any feedback about the game here.

Coven Tickets Rework

Postby VortonX20 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:05 pm

As a bought coven player, the current coven ticket system is horrible. I personally play coven not because of the roles, but because there are smarter players without the super serious atmosphere of ranked. Coven tickets remove all of this. Coven is now classic 2 electric boogaloo and there's nothing bought players can do about it. So here's my idea for a rework.

After 50 total games played, you are awarded with 3 coven tickets that function the same way as the current ones do. However, unlike the current ones, you cannot gain any more, and if you use them all then you cannot play coven unless it is a free weekend or you buy it.

Alternative rework

Keeps the same system as before, but coven ticket players are queued with coven ticket players and coven buyers with coven buyers.
VortonX20
Jester
Jester

Re: Coven Tickets Rework

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:52 pm

We are happy with the current system. After the current influx of tickets are spent, the amount of ticket users in the average coven game will be lower than it currently is. Part of this system is to allow users to try Coven before they buy it, but it is also to ensure there are plenty of players in the Coven queues.

If it remains an issue after the large amount of coven tickets were given out all at once are used, then we can revisit it.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby SeerSword » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 am

Really dude? The best response you have is "We are happy with this"?

I'm in the same boat as Vorton. I used to regularly buy the cosmetic/scroll packages; not because I needed the scrolls, I have over 40,000 merit points, but because I liked the game and wanted to support you as developers. I'm not going to be playing anymore because having to explain basic game mechanics to people is frustrating, it is fruitless, and what was once an intelligent thought-out game has become a mess of idiots, and victories are based almost entirely on luck. You are literally driving off paying customers to try to entice the free to play crowd. Your response to this confirms to me that you are out of touch with the demands of your players and as such I wish you all the best but I'm out.
SeerSword
Survivor
Survivor

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:34 am

SeerSword wrote:Really dude? The best response you have is "We are happy with this"?

I'm in the same boat as Vorton. I used to regularly buy the cosmetic/scroll packages; not because I needed the scrolls, I have over 40,000 merit points, but because I liked the game and wanted to support you as developers. I'm not going to be playing anymore because having to explain basic game mechanics to people is frustrating, it is fruitless, and what was once an intelligent thought-out game has become a mess of idiots, and victories are based almost entirely on luck. You are literally driving off paying customers to try to entice the free to play crowd. Your response to this confirms to me that you are out of touch with the demands of your players and as such I wish you all the best but I'm out.
So you’re leaving because you don’t want to deal with noobs? Are you forgetting that you were once the noob you get so angry about now? You weren’t always perfect at the game, and these people won’t always be terrible. Have some patience, get off your high horse, and stop treating people like garbage because you think your skill at the game makes you above them. A high occurrence of noobs is a sign that the game is growing and more people are coming in. While I get that wrangling noobs can be annoying, a fast-growing playerbase is what this game desperately needs right now. Especially the Coven, since those servers are pretty dead on half the game modes. So I’m with Pyromonkey. I am happy with this.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby SeerSword » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:20 pm

Okay, given time to think things over I realize abandoning the game altogether is a kneejerk reaction. I should at least wait until the massive influx of people dies down to see if the noobs improve, the racists stop frequenting etc. That said evil seems to be the way to go right now.
SeerSword
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PredictedCyborg » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:44 am

Seeing reactions like this, while understandable, don't make me want to try out Coven.

Despite the fact I have been reading up on roles, watching videos on how to play the new roles and game modes. All that can form a baseline but it needs experience to get to grips with it.

But if I'm going to be skewered for making an innocent mistake, why would I want to even try it out? I get that people who don't seem to be trying can be annoying, but how do you know that some of them aren't sincerely trying to get it? Sincerely trying to learn? Sincerely wanting to become part of the new Coven group who play as "smarter players without the super serious atmosphere of ranked" as the OP put it?

Coven players have complained about half-dead servers for ages. BMG are trying to address your issue with this. And the initial phase will be imperfect. Doesn't mean it'll stay that way though. x.x
Do my best to make games a nicer place!
PredictedCyborg
Jester
Jester

Return to Feedback