Hire active admins.

Put any feedback about the game here.

Hire active admins.

Postby Rittzy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 pm

Hello, my suggestion for this game company is to hire active admins. There is only 1 who has been online since January 4th and I have been trying to contact him since the 8th and he has simply ignored me. There needs to be SOME WAY for your customers to reach your company, through an e-mail, or a ticket, or literally anything.
Rittzy
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Hire active admins.

Postby Rittzy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:13 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:
Rittzy wrote:Hello, my suggestion for this game company is to hire active admins. There is only 1 who has been online since January 4th and I have been trying to contact him since the 8th and he has simply ignored me. There needs to be SOME WAY for your customers to reach your company, through an e-mail, or a ticket, or literally anything.

The team at BMG is relatively small. I've been told that the actual paid Development team for TOS is at 5 people. Everyone else who is in an admin role, a GMod, or a judge or juror for Trial, does it 100% voluntarily. And only the devs themselves can check the emails like that.

Also, you must keep in mind that with the recent data breach, the devs have been swamped with various emails asking for their accounts to be deleted and dealing with the overall repercussions of the breach happening in the first place. You gotta give them time.

I have no choice but to give them time. So I am. All I'm saying here is that there needs to be some way for their customers to get a hold of them and there isn't.
Rittzy
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:02 am

they sell accounts for $5 a pop. Half to 3/4 of their player base has never spent a cent. Where is the $50-70k per year to hire someone going to come from?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby GetYourFix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:01 pm

It would be nice if there were active admins, but even some of the most popular games (think COD) don't have a huge admin staff.

I imagine it's harder to get with a tighter budget, too. I don't think an admin would be $50-$70k/year (unless they program or something like that) - That job would probably pay closer to $30k, almost max. $14/hour. Still, that's a lot of money for a smaller game.

The best way to get more admins might be offering higher ELO players incentives for doing those kind of things. Like, you can unlock skins or something. I'm sure higher tier players would like a cool, premium-looking and unique skin.

That's just my idea, though. :D Invite your friends to help the community out or do a few trials... That's a good place to start!

Edit: Changed "he" to "they" before programming... Most programmers are male, so I put a selective word in there. T_T
GetYourFix
Jester
Jester

Postby fable979 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:20 pm

GetYourFix wrote:It would be nice if there were active admins, but even some of the most popular games (think COD) don't have a huge admin staff.

I imagine it's harder to get with a tighter budget, too. I don't think an admin would be $50-$70k/year (unless they program or something like that) - That job would probably pay closer to $30k, almost max. $14/hour. Still, that's a lot of money for a smaller game.

The best way to get more admins might be offering higher ELO players incentives for doing those kind of things. Like, you can unlock skins or something. I'm sure higher tier players would like a cool, premium-looking and unique skin.

That's just my idea, though. :D Invite your friends to help the community out or do a few trials... That's a good place to start!

Edit: Changed "he" to "they" before programming... Most programmers are male, so I put a selective word in there. T_T

ELO doesn't mean shit. They don't care about ranked.
----------------Subscribe to Vsefotonz on Youtube---Copy and paste this rignt now!!!
fable979
Lookout
Lookout

Postby GetYourFix » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:51 pm

Hi fable979,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm a little bit confused who you mean when you say "they" - if you mean jurors, I'm not so sure. I think a lot of higher ranked players would kind of enjoy going through reports. I'm not sure if they do it now, but they're obviously committed to the game... Being a juror may be an easier sell to them than to someone who is more casual.

Those people are the ones who know the rules the best and have seen the most - and they're sweaty tryhards, so being a juror makes sense.

It's just an idea. I think it's a natural fit.

Thank you for your time, and I hope your day is going well!

Best regards,
GetYourFix
GetYourFix
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:04 am

Normally, reply time lies around 3-5 working days, which is perfectly reasonable.

The only reason one would need to contact an Admin, generally, is if they have trouble accessing their account, or if they have a dispute with someone. Most other things is what we have Moderators for.

As for Trial, most highly active jurors don't play anymore, there's not a whole lot of Ranked players in there, I reckon they prefer playing over spending hours upon hours of juroring reports. Incentives won't help there. You have to want to do it to clean up the community, not just for flair. And if there would be incentives, they should be for everyone, not just ranked players.

Either way, hiring paid Admins is something that won't happen for the foreseeable future, afaik, since besides a couple impatient people here and there and a little bit of a backlog due to the data breach causing increased incoming e-mail and PM traffic, there's not really any reason.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby fable979 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:13 am

GetYourFix wrote:Hi fable979,

I'm a little bit confused who you mean when you say "they" - if you mean jurors, I'm not so sure. I think a lot of higher ranked players would kind of enjoy going through reports. I'm not sure if they do it now, but they're obviously committed to the game... Being a juror may be an easier sell to them than to someone who is more casual.

Those people are the ones who know the rules the best and have seen the most - and they're sweaty tryhards, so being a juror makes sense.

Best regards,
GetYourFix

People have high elo because they spend a lot of time playing the game not doing the reports. If you spend a lot of time going through reports, your rank can't be high.
----------------Subscribe to Vsefotonz on Youtube---Copy and paste this rignt now!!!
fable979
Lookout
Lookout

Postby TurnaboutTeddy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 am

fable979 wrote:
GetYourFix wrote:Hi fable979,

Best regards,
GetYourFix

People have high elo because they spend a lot of time playing the game not doing the reports. If you spend a lot of time going through reports, your rank can't be high.

Lol what

WittyRecluse/Reckah was high ELO and was a judge. Reports don't take forever to do. Hell I used to tab out when I'm dead and do reports. They're not that time consuming unless you're doing ungodly amounts
CaO :3

Favorite roles: Coven Leader, Coven Leader, Witch, Coven Leader, Coven Leader, and also Coven Leader!
Least favorite roles: All that other stuff. But screw Amnesiac in particular.
TurnaboutTeddy
Witch
Witch

Postby Jackparrot » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 am

I dont think they can have more paid staff, however, I agree that there needs to be more GMods. What I suggest is that they look for voluteers, as they did with Jerme and naru.
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:41 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:
Rittzy wrote:Hello, my suggestion for this game company is to hire active admins. There is only 1 who has been online since January 4th and I have been trying to contact him since the 8th and he has simply ignored me. There needs to be SOME WAY for your customers to reach your company, through an e-mail, or a ticket, or literally anything.

The team at BMG is relatively small. I've been told that the actual paid Development team for TOS is at 5 people. Everyone else who is in an admin role, a GMod, or a judge or juror for Trial, does it 100% voluntarily. And only the devs themselves can check the emails like that.

Also, you must keep in mind that with the recent data breach, the devs have been swamped with various emails asking for their accounts to be deleted and dealing with the overall repercussions of the breach happening in the first place. You gotta give them time.

Then maybe they should hire more people, hmmmmmm..
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Rittzy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:57 pm

I messaged every Admin almost 2 years ago and never got one reply. That's really fucking stupid.
Rittzy
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby dolphina » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Rittzy wrote:I messaged every Admin almost 2 years ago and never got one reply. That's really fucking stupid.

maybe they thought you were spamming :(

also that’s a hell of a necrobump
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby WildCard65 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:07 pm

dolphina wrote:
Rittzy wrote:I messaged every Admin almost 2 years ago and never got one reply. That's really fucking stupid.

maybe they thought you were spamming :(

also that’s a hell of a necrobump

I've seen worse.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Flavorable » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:03 am

If you have a problem, make a new post about it, or e-mail the developers.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:36 pm

PMing me on here is not a good way to get a hold of me. I spend most of my time going through our emails(which you can easily reach us at by emailing Support@BlankMediaGames.Zendesk.com), looking at feedback/suggestion posts, looking at our Steam forums, or working on different systems in the game as since we are a small company we all wear multiple hats. I myself am a CSR rep, Community Manager, Game Designer, and do some QA work as well.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Feedback