executioner target is vet ?

Put any feedback about the game here.

executioner target is vet ?

Postby eysancan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:01 pm

hello tonight i was executioner and my target was veteran how can i win against this its unique role ?
eysancan
Jester
Jester

Re: executioner target is vet ?

Postby Bodhrak » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:22 pm

You hope maf is bold and attacks them. Then win as jester.
You hope for maf mayority, they will 100% lynch him eventually.
(Unless the Vet is confirmed by killing a town and town has them in their will.) Immediately cc them when they claim and hope for the best.

Those are your options.
And you're not much better off if your target is Retri, Transporter or pretty much any role that is confirmed by a LO early on.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby wozearly » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Getting Vet is a sod, and there's a lot to be said in that case for aiming for a Jester win, but you can defeat Vet as Exe.

Because scum claims remain pretty limited, Vet is a reasonable call for scum roles trying to discourage visits. If the Vet isn't confirmed, I agree with Bodhrak that an early and aggressive CC can work. As can framing them fairly early, as it's likely the Vet will only claim TK, and the Maf should be up for getting behind a confused mislynch.

Whereas Retri and Transporter are generally dead certs to confirm themselves unless the game goes to hell and stays there, an unconfirmed RT Vet can struggle if Town's expendable visiting roles are dead and the night killers are studiously avoiding them. In those cases, they look decidedly dodgy - I've won a couple of NK games by having the last other Town mislynch the Vet.

If they're confirmed, though, you're screwed unless you have a ballsy NK/Maf or you use your immunity to survive and strike a Faustian pact with a winning Maf/NK to lynch the Vet once they have control.
wozearly
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Djaouida » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:16 pm

Vet to me feels like the only target I seemingly get as Executioner. That or other easily confirmable roles, such as Retri.
If they're 'confirmed' (Your only confirmed if revived or revealed mayor) then you hope Mafia saves them for last and lynch them with you, or that they die somehow and you win as jester. Or even hope Town is silly enough to lynch them.
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:42 am

You don’t. That’s the entire point.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Return to Feedback