LEAVING

Put any feedback about the game here.

LEAVING

Postby Tahee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:35 am

Alright. Despite being pay to play now and having an actual trial system. Why is leaving extremely apparent? If someone leaves, the game is ruined. Point blank. This means a certain side was given an unfair advantage due to someone leaving, while some may welcome the challenge, most would much rather want to play a normal game. Seriously, what the fuck is up? On average 2/3 games theirs a leaver. That's absolutely mad.
Tahee
Survivor
Survivor

Re: LEAVING

Postby Bodhrak » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:40 am

Yes, leaving is bad, but we can't just ban everyone that leaves.
People can have unstable internet connections, power outages, and so on. Even more so on mobile.
In the trial system it is reviewed case by case. Only those get banned that do it 100% on purpose (i.e. say "I'll leave now." before) or when done in repetition (5 times +).

You probably like to hear that the Devs are working on a "leaver buster" that automatically punishes players that leave while alive.
The details aren't known yet, but we can speculate it to be something like x3 ELO loss in Ranked as well as shorter bans.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby LaughingInsanity » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:19 am

Somebody leaving is very good for NK roles ;)
LaughingInsanity
Spy
Spy

Postby VoidRuler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:23 pm

It's just an inevitable thing and it ruins a lot of other games like this too. The Devs are doing all they can to try and prevent it.
On average though, I really only see 1 to 3 leavers per game, so it usually doesn't ruin the game too much. I have had some rare occurrences though when there's been like, 5 people leaving.
Also, hopefully with the game becoming paid-only, we'll see less leavers as the leavers get banned and I doubt they'll wanna keep paying again for the game, especially if they were someone who didn't pay for the game in the first place.
VoidRuler
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Tahee » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:00 pm

VoidRuler wrote:The Devs are doing all they can to try and prevent it.

Very poor observation, but thanks for your input none the less.
Tahee
Survivor
Survivor

Postby CloudNine661 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:13 pm

Rarely do i ever see town roles "disconnecting" and even if they do, it not usually not before the game starts. The exception to this would be obvious default names.

The current system in place is 5 points for a suspension, 1 point being for 1 leave during the last 6 months, 2 if in ranked.

I would like to suggest an extra punishment if they happen to leave as an evil role, because 9/10 times it is an evil. Is it that you just *happen* to disconnect more as evils. Most of the time, they do it to farm ELO since leaving as NK is only -1 ELO. Maybe deduct more ELO when leaving as evil role. The only problem is this might affect the people that genuinely disconnect
<<<Youtube.com/CloudNine661>>> For Average Town of Salem Videos!

My Role Ideas:
Deli - Bomber
CloudNine661
Survivor
Survivor

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:34 am

huh, you should play lovers mode in coven. 6 out of 10 games, solo evils leave day 1 or beg to be killed, offer pirate a win etc. etc. makes it extremely difficult for any other solo evils that want to play, to get a win. Basically ''You cant win as solo evil, so why bother trying'' mentality. Of course you cant win if you leave or out yourself, and you leaving made it harder for any other solo evil to win. No one reports em, becuase every match would have a report, and its become the meta -_-
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Kombinator1991 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:43 am

Well they could make more powerful measures. If it were up to me, then it would be like this:

Ranked:
1. leave: 1 day ban from ranked. You may still play other game modes.
3 day timer
2. leave: 3 day ban from all types
6 day timer
3. leave: 6 day ban from all types
9 day timer

And so on up to 30 day ban. You are "free to leave" once in every 3 day.

Non-ranked:

1.: nothing.
2.: 1 day ban
1 day timer
3.: 3 day ban
3 day timer

And so on up to a week.
Kombinator1991
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Tahee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:58 am

I feel some of you are missing the point. The current punishment for getting three leaving reports within 6 months is extremely harsh and would work, it's just not being enforced. There are players with 20+ leaving reports within 6 months yet - no punishment to them. That is the problem. The developers are doing diddly-squat when it comes to automating it, and the judges couldn't give less of a fuck - evidently how they actively tell jurors to ignore leaving, as a rebellion I suppose.
Tahee
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Ben4lyfe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Kombinator1991 wrote:Well they could make more powerful measures. If it were up to me, then it would be like this:

Ranked:
3 day timer
6 day timer
9 day timer

Non-ranked:

1 day timer
3 day timer

And so on up to a week.

I really think this is a far too harsh of a system. I know a few people in the past that have been suspended from their accounts because they have a poor internet connection or they had a bug/update problem. That's not their fault and they shouldn't be punished for that.

That being said I get where you're coming from and this looks similar to the old "leaverbuster" system that was talked about a long time ago in ToS but was never implimented for one reason or another. I do think that with trial 2.0 coming out, we should look at a quicker and more efficient way of dealing with leaving reports. However, being this harsh is not the way. The playerbase for ToS is already dwindling and this happening is just going to mean that it deminishes further until it is essentially going to get rid of most players on the game.

Make a leaving system that actually works though and one that can deal with the serial leavers that plague ranked (And other modes but not so much). :)
toz means fart in Arabic.

Just thought everyone should know.
Ben4lyfe
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Kombinator1991 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 am

Ben4lyfe wrote:
Kombinator1991 wrote:Well they could make more powerful measures. If it were up to me, then it would be like this:

Ranked:
3 day timer
6 day timer
9 day timer

Non-ranked:

1 day timer
3 day timer

And so on up to a week.

I really think this is a far too harsh of a system. I know a few people in the past that have been suspended from their accounts because they have a poor internet connection or they had a bug/update problem. That's not their fault and they shouldn't be punished for that.

That being said I get where you're coming from and this looks similar to the old "leaverbuster" system that was talked about a long time ago in ToS but was never implimented for one reason or another. I do think that with trial 2.0 coming out, we should look at a quicker and more efficient way of dealing with leaving reports. However, being this harsh is not the way. The playerbase for ToS is already dwindling and this happening is just going to mean that it deminishes further until it is essentially going to get rid of most players on the game.

Make a leaving system that actually works though and one that can deal with the serial leavers that plague ranked (And other modes but not so much). :)

If your internet connection is that unstable, then don't play. This is an online game. Ok maybe make the system for ranked only. In that case don't play ranked with poor internet.
Kombinator1991
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Betelgeuse44 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Implement a reconnect feature.
Betelgeuse44
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Kombinator1991 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:46 am

Betelgeuse44 wrote:Implement a reconnect feature.

That would be interesting. Disconnected person wouldn't be counted as town when winning calculated nor would be calculated for votes. However should he return he would be "revived". Disconnected person would stay alive officially so no role revealed unless someone/something kills it. Also for ranked there would be no option for leaving as living. Even if you drop your internet connection upon returning you can only rejoin the game. Assuming it's not over yet.
Kombinator1991
Transporter
Transporter

Postby zzjay » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:36 pm

As i said earlier,if your current system is not working,just swap to an automated one for ranked games.
Every time you leave as alive will trigger this punishment
If you have unstable internet,you won't be instabaned,you'll just hace to wait a bit to requeue,so that it won't happen again.
But if you are an intentional leaver your only way out would be gamethrowing,which is a lot easier to punish.
1st keave 15 minutes
2nd leave 1 hour
Third leave 3 hours
4th leave -- account suspension (as of now)

Also if you leave more than 4 games a month you'll stiol recive an automatic suspension...like filtered words.

Because apparently it's more important that we don't swear rather than having a game that is actually enjoyable

Tiers reset daily at 00:00,and will only apply to ranked matches.

Also there's the system of low priority queues...meaning that if you leave a game (or yet better 2) you'll have a longer wait for a queue and you will only be matched with other players that left games nd are in low priority queue.

It's not hard to fix leavers issue...they simply do not care enough,since none of the devs play ranked (so they don't know how much an agk ruins the game.
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Return to Feedback