Far too many gamemodes thinning out the community

Put any feedback about the game here.

Far too many gamemodes thinning out the community

Postby Tahee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Big games like league, fortnite, dota don't have that many game modes but for some reason town of salem has more than twice as many despite having significantly less players. The coven free weekend made coven a bit more active while making the normal game modes less active. So if the coven free weekend didn't teach us anything is that we should get rid of some of the unneeded game modes to lessen the amount of wait time for games. Would also make it easier in a balancing point of view since you don't have to worry about how it will affect gazillion other game modes.
Tahee
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Far too many gamemodes thinning out the community

Postby qwatbattery » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Agree reduce the number to 4 gamemodes at most and maybe remove classic
qwatbattery
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:11 pm

qwatbattery wrote:Agree reduce the number to 4 gamemodes at most and maybe remove classic

Classic will not be removed.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tahee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:26 pm

Naru2008 wrote:
qwatbattery wrote:Agree reduce the number to 4 gamemodes at most and maybe remove classic

Classic will not be removed.

Why not?
Tahee
Survivor
Survivor

Postby shelboo » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Classic is the beginner mode to introduce players to the game. They will learn nearly half of the roles [obviously not including Coven] through this game mode. The game mode is favored for town but the purpose really is to get people familiar with the game and get familiar with some interactions without things being too chaotic.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby Tahee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:42 pm

shelboo wrote:Classic is the beginner mode to introduce players to the game. They will learn nearly half of the roles [obviously not including Coven] through this game mode. The game mode is favored for town but the purpose really is to get people familiar with the game and get familiar with some interactions without things being too chaotic.

Classic is inherently boring and extremely town sided which will deter new players from wanting to play further, hence I agree with it being removed. Ranked practice is essentially a beginning game mode as well (key word: "practice"). Pretty redundant at this point. Although I do agree there are other game modes that are much more unneeded than classic and should be prioritized first.
Tahee
Survivor
Survivor

Postby madamepancake » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Classic is where new players should start out. The "boring" nature of it is good for learning how the roles/game work.
Icon by boxofanger on Tumblr
madamepancake
Consort
Consort

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Tahee wrote:
shelboo wrote:Classic is the beginner mode to introduce players to the game. They will learn nearly half of the roles [obviously not including Coven] through this game mode. The game mode is favored for town but the purpose really is to get people familiar with the game and get familiar with some interactions without things being too chaotic.

Classic is inherently boring and extremely town sided which will deter new players from wanting to play further, hence I agree with it being removed. Ranked practice is essentially a beginning game mode as well (key word: "practice"). Pretty redundant at this point. Although I do agree there are other game modes that are much more unneeded than classic and should be prioritized first.

The reason Shelboo gave is why Devs said Classic won't be touched; Changed, removed, etc.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:43 am

All I heard was ''remove some game modes, so i dont have to wait as long to play my favourite game mode'' jeeze, just let people choose to play whatever game mode they feel like. Maybe I wanna play classic instead of all any for a change. Maybe ranked seems too easy and i get too frustrated with players who dont give info or claim roles til maf has majority and its all too late, (like they are gonna lynch maf by themselves when its 4v4,) Maybe i wanna scroll for VH in dracs palace. I personally think the game could do with a few more game modes ^^
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Bodhrak » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:28 pm

I also think there shouldn't be too many modes active at any given time.
The easiest way to achieve this is more rotating game modes.

I'd imagine something like
Classic
Ranked Practice
Ranked
Rainbow <-> Dracula' Palace <-> Maybe some new Classic mode?
Coven Classic <-> Mafia Returns <-> Evil Town (aka Coven vs Mafia vs Neutrals)
Lovers <-> VIP
All Any (inclusive)
Custom

I'd drop Rapid (it's imho pretty pointless), Coven Practice and Ranked (there's little point in having two ranked modes, also Coven is probably too RNG-heavy for a competetive mode).
All Any being inclusive means that Classic and Coven players will be mixed, but players starting with Classic will be unable to roll Coven roles. This would be a great way for players to experience the new roles and get interested.
You can call me Bod.
No, that's not my real name. Thanks for asking.
Bodhrak
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Bodhrak wrote:I also think there shouldn't be too many modes active at any given time.
The easiest way to achieve this is more rotating game modes.

I'd imagine something like
Classic
Ranked Practice
Ranked
Rainbow <-> Dracula' Palace <-> Maybe some new Classic mode?
Coven Classic <-> Mafia Returns <-> Evil Town (aka Coven vs Mafia vs Neutrals)
Lovers <-> VIP
All Any (inclusive)
Custom

I'd drop Rapid (it's imho pretty pointless), Coven Practice and Ranked (there's little point in having two ranked modes, also Coven is probably too RNG-heavy for a competetive mode).
All Any being inclusive means that Classic and Coven players will be mixed, but players starting with Classic will be unable to roll Coven roles. This would be a great way for players to experience the new roles and get interested.

Heavily disagree with your All/Any reasoning. I paid money to get away from Vanilla. I don't wanna go back.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby madamepancake » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Coven all any is my favorite game mode and I certainly would not be okay with combining it with Classic All Any. Like Flavor said, I paid money to play Coven All Any specifically.
Icon by boxofanger on Tumblr
madamepancake
Consort
Consort

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:32 pm

I could see an argument for reducing the total number of modes. This may be something we could do in the future.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby NyanCats4Days » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:02 pm

This is a TERRIBLE idea. Devs PLEASE Don't DO it.

Game modes like

Coven Ranked Practice

Coven Custom

Coven Classic

Coven Ranked

Don't get ANY players!

We should add MORE game modes not less!
NyanCats4Days
Civilian
Civilian

Return to Feedback