no controls over immature behaviour

Put any feedback about the game here.

no controls over immature behaviour

Postby Stardreamer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:18 pm

I like the idea of the game and I even backed it on kickstarter but after playing for several days I am just over the immature players.
People troll by lobby logging before you even get in the game
People quit cause they only want 1 role and will not play if they don't get it
People call out who is mafia if they were mafia and die
People just sheep voting
Dead leaving immediately
no one even trying to solve the murders just there to talk crap

the list goes on and on and everyone just seems so immature I cant remember the last time I had a decent game there are too many trolls and no way to police them, they can just do what they want and the people who actually want to play get screwed over

There needs to be some way of dealing with trolls implemented to make it fair on people who really want to play.

oh and having to write /w then someones name is a pain if you spell the name wrong its useless surely there is a better way to do this even have a whisper button you click then click the person you want to whisper
Last edited by Stardreamer on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stardreamer
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: no controls over immature behaviour

Postby Cyantic » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:19 pm

The report button is there for a reason, it's to help police this behavior. Ingame, you can report players with the big red ! button near the last will. In the lobby, you'll have to take a screenshot and post it on the reports forum.

You can do /w Player's Number [IE /w 12 if the player you wanted to whisper to was in spot 12.]
Spoiler: Image
Cyantic
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby stellaluna » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Apparently the upcoming ranked queue will quarantine the rabble of morons that most of the town of salem community is composed of from actually competent players.
or that's its intended purpose anyway.
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Stiletto » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:24 am

Yeah I agree, something needs to be done about this. I am a backer because I fell in love with the game the first time I played it, and it started out great, with an awesome community and tons of fun. Now every match is someone spamming chat, using foul language etc, to the point where if you ignore everyone doing it then you can't play the game.

The other problem is people cheating on skype. I am now starting to frequently run into this problem where I had never noticed it before. A group of townies in a recent game for example, did not communicate at all, simply voted out each mafia in unison from day one. I reported them, but I wonder if the report actually does something.

My solution for this would be to make a system that won't allow me to join a game with an account I have reported, or allow an account I have reported to join a game I am in. I'm kinda getting sick of the spamming, trolling, and cheating that has all of a sudden seemed to take root.

Otherwise, outside of the morons ruining the game, I love this community and the idea. You devs have done an amazing job creating a very fun and accessible game.
Stiletto
Donor
Donor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:29 pm

The current report system works fine, and can be used to report such behavior. The Trial System will completely over-haul this, but again, will still be used for this.

You see someone trolling and being an asshat? Report it.
You see someone spamming and won't stop, even if their life depended on it? Report it.
You see someone spitting racial/homophobic slurs left and right? Report it.

Actions will be taken against the individuals that are reported, however, it might be a warning, a 'turn-the-other cheek' for first-timers (Spamming only), or a ban.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Outlander413 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:48 pm

"I like the idea of the game and I even backed it on kickstarter but after playing for several days I am just over the immature players.
People troll by lobby logging before you even get in the game ( This can, to a degree, be dealt with when ranked lobbies are released. )
People quit cause they only want 1 role and will not play if they don't get it ( This unfortauntely often cannot really be proven, as people get connection issues. )
People call out who is mafia if they were mafia and die (this here is a good point, maybe something could be implemented in the future to censor mafia names if you are mafia? then again, experienced townies will often not take a fallen mafiaso's word on who GF is. Etc,)
People just sheep voting (This really bugs me, however, i can see this being fixed along with other problems with ranked lobbies!)
Dead leaving immediately ( I dont really see the problem with this, as most dead often troll mediums anyways, in my experience. )
no one even trying to solve the murders just there to talk crap (Think, how can this be resolved)

the list goes on and on and everyone just seems so immature I cant remember the last time I had a decent game there are too many trolls and no way to police them, they can just do what they want and the people who actually want to play get screwed over

There needs to be some way of dealing with trolls implemented to make it fair on people who really want to play.

oh and having to write /w then someones name is a pain if you spell the name wrong its useless surely there is a better way to do this even have a whisper button you click then click the person you want to whisper"

Moral of the story is that there will always be trolls, However, Salem can be divided into mature and immature players with the ranked lobbies system, unfortunately as with every game there will always be the immature players.
Spoiler: Image *lynching the serial killer* Image
Outlander413
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Prodiigy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:26 pm

Outlander413 wrote:"I like the idea of the game and I even backed it on kickstarter but after playing for several days I am just over the immature players.
People troll by lobby logging before you even get in the game ( This can, to a degree, be dealt with when ranked lobbies are released. )
People quit cause they only want 1 role and will not play if they don't get it ( This unfortauntely often cannot really be proven, as people get connection issues. )
People call out who is mafia if they were mafia and die (this here is a good point, maybe something could be implemented in the future to censor mafia names if you are mafia? then again, experienced townies will often not take a fallen mafiaso's word on who GF is. Etc,)
People just sheep voting (This really bugs me, however, i can see this being fixed along with other problems with ranked lobbies!)
Dead leaving immediately ( I dont really see the problem with this, as most dead often troll mediums anyways, in my experience. )
no one even trying to solve the murders just there to talk crap (Think, how can this be resolved)

oh and having to write /w then someones name is a pain if you spell the name wrong its useless surely there is a better way to do this even have a whisper button you click then click the person you want to whisper"

Moral of the story is that there will always be trolls, However, Salem can be divided into mature and immature players with the ranked lobbies system, unfortunately as with every game there will always be the immature players.

I highly doubt that ranked lobbies will divide mature and immature players, we can only hope though.
In-Game Names:
Ford Prefect
John Biggleston
Klaas Bruinsma
Prodiigy
Donor
Donor

Postby Makrell » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:52 am

Prodiigy wrote:I highly doubt that ranked lobbies will divide mature and immature players, we can only hope though.

No, immature playes often win IMO
NO
Makrell
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Prodiigy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Makrell wrote:
Prodiigy wrote:I highly doubt that ranked lobbies will divide mature and immature players, we can only hope though.

doesn't matter who wins, it's not fun if everyone in the game is obnoxious.
In-Game Names:
Ford Prefect
John Biggleston
Klaas Bruinsma
Prodiigy
Donor
Donor

Postby Makrell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:35 am

Prodiigy wrote:
Makrell wrote:

doesn't matter who wins, it's not fun if everyone in the game is obnoxious.

Agreed, but i made the point that ranked lobbies will still mean immature players, also at "elite" Level.
NO
Makrell
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Stiletto » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:26 am

I'm excited for ranked lobbies, and I am among the folks that think it will actually cut down on some of the blatant immature behavior. What I fear is that people will exploit the rankings and metagame on skype to work together to boost their rankings and win. This could be accomplished by using the scrolls to help increase the chances that you both will get the role you want and end up on the same team. I guess we won't really know though until it is rolled out.

On a side note, I was wondering what the community thinks about two new possible exploits I ran into last night in a game. One was a player taking screenshots at night, and posting the images in chat to prove he was a certain role. The other thing I ran into was two players spacing out their chat far enough to take up two lines so that it looked like another player was talking instead of them. They would say something then space it out and type something like "Deodat Lawson: I am sheriff. So and so is guilty" so that it appeared on a second line and looked like another character chatting. They did this and impersonated me a few times, and it looked almost identical aside from a slight color change in the text, but most ppl didn't pick up on it, and I admittedly left the game because it was incredibly annoying. I wasn't sure if these were legal or not in terms of game rules.
Stiletto
Donor
Donor

Postby stellaluna » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Stiletto wrote:I'm excited for ranked lobbies, and I am among the folks that think it will actually cut down on some of the blatant immature behavior. What I fear is that people will exploit the rankings and metagame on skype to work together to boost their rankings and win. This could be accomplished by using the scrolls to help increase the chances that you both will get the role you want and end up on the same team. I guess we won't really know though until it is rolled out.

Yeah I'm not too excited about the whole scroll thing but apparently the general tos community is impatient enough to warrant them being added to the game.
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Makrell » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:31 am

stellaluna wrote:Yeah I'm not too excited about the whole scroll thing but apparently the general tos community is impatient enough to warrant them being added to the game.

Hopefully the will make it so it wont be a "pay to win" scenario, even though imo it looks that way about now.
NO
Makrell
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Quazimortal » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Makrell wrote:
stellaluna wrote:Yeah I'm not too excited about the whole scroll thing but apparently the general tos community is impatient enough to warrant them being added to the game.

Hopefully the will make it so it wont be a "pay to win" scenario, even though imo it looks that way about now.

I don't see how a scroll that increases your chances at getting a particular role would create a 'pay to win' situation. The scroll isn't increasing their chance to win with said role.
"The mind of God we believe is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace. That is the mind of God." ~ Michio Kaku
Quazimortal
Investigator
Investigator

Postby testaccount1234 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:52 am

Stiletto wrote:The other thing I ran into was two players spacing out their chat far enough to take up two lines so that it looked like another player was talking instead of them. They would say something then space it out and type something like "Deodat Lawson: I am sheriff. So and so is guilty" so that it appeared on a second line and looked like another character chatting. They did this and impersonated me a few times, and it looked almost identical aside from a slight color change in the text, but most ppl didn't pick up on it, and I admittedly left the game because it was incredibly annoying. I wasn't sure if these were legal or not in terms of game rules.

To be honest, I find that pretty clever. It's just like pretending to be blackmailed by spamming ”I am blackmailed." on the trial stand and falsely revealing as the mayor by writing "has revealed themselves as the Mayor". You do have a bolded name in the chat so experienced players will catch on but new players can't. I think it's legal as it's meant to be deceptive and you can tell the difference between the fake messages and the real ones.
testaccount1234
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Feedback