Facebook Equals Increase in Cheating

Put any feedback about the game here.

Facebook Equals Increase in Cheating

Postby RevertantPath » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:40 pm

I realize BlankMedia's just trying to get more people to play ToS, but this is a big problem. Cheating, especially cheating via talking outside of the game, is usually impossible to catch, since you can't monitor what the player is doing in real-life, so unless they actually announce they're cheating, you'd never know. This form of cheating is usually only common amongst friends that are playing together, since random people usually don't have means of talking to each other outside of ToS. And with the recent update, integrating Facebook even more into ToS, even more friends are going to be playing together, which would lead to even more cheating. You guys can see where I'm going with this, right? Again, I realize BlankMedia is only trying to increase ToS's popularity, cheating is probably one of the biggest flaws in ToS, and they aren't doing anything 'bout it but making it worst. And of course, I realize not all people that play with their friends are cheating, heck I play ToS with my friends too, but we don't reveal our roles, or throw the game to "simple help out a friend." I think ToS is even more fun when playing with other's, when you're playing fairly, but unfortunately, not everyone thinks that way. . .

Also, sorry if I'm mostly just rambling in this post, guess I'm just sorta mad 'bout all this. I really don't like cheating, it really unbalances the game for everyone that's playing fair. And I've been in so many games where this has been happening recently, last guy justified his actions as "just helping out a friend," while at the same time he betrayed every single townspeople. Also heard they're supposedly adding a "competitive mode," being as it just became a competition, this will just encourage more people to cheat in order to win...
RevertantPath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Facebook Equals Increase in Cheating

Postby Doobledore » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Well, not much can really be done about that other than reporting them. They aren't promoting cheating by advertising it via facebook invites/shares. Not like there are any Skype invites, and tons of people use it instead.
Doobledore
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby RevertantPath » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:07 pm

I realize they aren't promoting cheating, but they aren't stopping the problem either.
RevertantPath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby 8thPrince » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:20 pm

I heard this won't be a problem when they re-do the lobbies so that competitive players can't play with friends.
Favorite Roles: Mayor, Spy, Vigilante, Consigiliere, Consort, Executioner, Witch
8thPrince
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby RevertantPath » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:24 pm

I heard this won't be a problem when they re-do the lobbies so that competitive players can't play with friends.

I don't understand how they can stop it, they can't stop someone doing things outside the game. Even if it uses the entire window to play ToS, you'd still have people talking to each other via in person or phone.

And, if you meant that parties can't join competitive, with the number of lobbies, and how they're setup it's very easy to end up in the same lobby as your friend.
RevertantPath
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:26 pm

RevertantPath wrote:

I don't understand how they can stop it, they can't stop someone doing things outside the game. Even if it uses the entire window to play ToS, you'd still have people talking to each other via in person or phone.

And, if you meant that parties can't join competitive, with the number of lobbies, and how they're setup it's very easy to end up in the same lobby as your friend.

The ranked queue will make it so you are taken randomly from the queue and can't party so the likelihood of you being in a ranked game with a friend should basically be 0. There won't be ranked lobbies, just the queue which you are thrown into them randomly chosen from.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Vertigo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 pm

PyromonkeyGG wrote:
RevertantPath wrote:

The ranked queue will make it so you are taken randomly from the queue and can't party so the likelihood of you being in a ranked game with a friend should basically be 0. There won't be ranked lobbies, just the queue which you are thrown into them randomly chosen from.

Is there a description of how ranked play is going to work somewhere? Will there be tiers, or is it still everyone playing everyone, except the results count for something now?
Vertigo
Patron
Patron

Postby Vertigo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Reiker wrote:Hopefully if you have a higher ranking, you'll only be placed with others with a similar ranking.

Will allow you to climb out of the shit tier of bad players and trolls and mostly get quality games with serious players.

This is my fervent hope as well. Today I played with a godfather who insisted on attacking the veteran because he was "immune to death at night."

Until I see some confirmation that the above is how the system would work, I remain uneasy.
Vertigo
Patron
Patron

Return to Feedback