Reading Role Cards

Put any feedback about the game here.

Reading Role Cards

Postby Quackneptune » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:12 pm

There's probably been a topic about this already, but I really hate when people ask other people to read their role card/attributes. It completely breaks the immersion of the game for me. It's like asking a random person to read their exact job description for you. That would never happen in real life. And then, whether I'm innocent or not, people immediately think I'm guilty just because I refuse to read my role card. You should use clues you've found throughout the game to determine who's innocent and who's guilty, not the role cards people have at their disposal. Somebody could easily bring up the wiki or role page and read off whatever role they're claiming, so reading a role card really doesn't prove a single thing. I hope this is a thing that dies soon, because it really gets on my nerves.
Quackneptune
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Reading Role Cards

Postby Cometbright » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:38 pm

Devs said they'd add a thing were you can access the role cards to read of them while in game. So this tactic will very likely die soon! Although you can of course get up role pages not many people seem to do this so adding it in game will allow everyone the chance to defend when asked to read card, it's annoying reading on other pages since it takes time to read and I usually get lynched/executed for "taking too long" I myself wouldn't lynch someone based of role card nor believe someone innocent over a role card if it helps.
Cometbright
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby stellaluna » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:44 pm

I like how who ever demands me to read my role card doesn't remember said role card themselves letting me get away with a half-assed copy of what it actually says.
hi im stella and i like you

stellaluna
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Ansem555 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:45 pm

The problem with this tactic, besides not being in the spirit of the game, is that if this is used and you don't have a great memory (I myself try to keep focus of things going on in game right at the moment) you have to use the wiki, which for some people might be a problem. Not everyone has a super fast computer or a fast read or type speed. There's a lot of factors why this strategy is unfair besides immersion breaking, and it's that everyone has at least a baseline skill level where they have enough time to type out what they need to say, no more and no less. This kind of strategy takes advantage of these types of people with either slow computers or just slow self-speed and causes them when they are evil, no matter what, to lose.

Though like the OP, I refuse to read my card and I tend to give the polite equivalent of "screw off" to people who try to role card read, good or evil. My signature says it best for me how this game is supposed to be played.

I don't make any of my own sigs. Bravo to the artists.
Blue text means I'm being sarcastic.
Ansem555
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Quackneptune » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:43 pm

I didn't even think of it that way, but that's definitely true as well. I know I probably couldn't type out exactly what my role card says fast enough to save my self from a hanging. I personally completely ignore my role card the entire game because I know what every single role does anyway. Would be pretty nice if there was maybe a game type that just didn't have role cards whatsoever. Maybe the "ranked" mode will be like that.
Quackneptune
Sponsor
Sponsor

Return to Feedback