What features does the community want?

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: What features does the community want?

Postby RetralMega » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:37 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:I want the spy to finally get a change since it's been so neglected and controversial.

I think we should rework it in some way that gets rid of the hard counter Mafia sections, but keeps the maintenance of the spy...

What do you mean by maintenance of the spy?

Well I'd like to keep it as a "Spy". Maintaining it.
But I want the Mafia chat and visits to go away

... You're being incredibly vague.
So you want it to keep the name Spy, but be a completely different role?

Not necessarily...
I'd love to keep the idea that you're playing as a "Spy". But I don't want to stick with the current "Spy" that we have for very obvious reasons.

Doesn't that make sense?

No... I still don't understand what you mean.
What would you prefer the Spy be able to do?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:38 pm

RetralMega wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:I want the spy to finally get a change since it's been so neglected and controversial.

I think we should rework it in some way that gets rid of the hard counter Mafia sections, but keeps the maintenance of the spy...

Not necessarily...
I'd love to keep the idea that you're playing as a "Spy". But I don't want to stick with the current "Spy" that we have for very obvious reasons.

Doesn't that make sense?

That's the thing.
Even I'm not too sure because I'm not all that creative.
But there is a particular rework-the-spy thread I like. But I'm pretty sure it's been buried in the forums
Happy-end-of-the-year holidays!
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SuperPacmaniaMaker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:43 pm

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:

Not necessarily...

Doesn't that make sense?

That's the thing.
But there is a particular rework-the-spy thread I like. But I'm pretty sure it's been buried in the forums

Thisbthe thread? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55611&p=1816895#p1816895
If you don't want a stupid answer, then don't ask a stupid question.
SuperPacmaniaMaker
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:47 pm

SuperPacmaniaMaker wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
RetralMega wrote:
RosalinasGalaxy wrote:
Kirize12 wrote:

Not necessarily...

Doesn't that make sense?

That's the thing.

Thisbthe thread? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55611&p=1816895#p1816895

Uh...might wanna recheck that link.
But I know what you're talking about Sue. I have the spy rework idea now bookmarked. Hopefully I won't lose its grip again
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Neasans » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:57 pm

I skipped over the yelling, my apologies if I'm repeating anything that has been said before.

Perhaps I think too much in an FM way, but I believe two great things would be for Spy to not be able to read Mafia chat, and for the Witch to have a one-time shield.

Also, maybe link the forums in-game, or something? I feel like the community could benefit from more access to the guides/discussions here.

orangeandblack5 wrote:Converting MP to TP destroys the point of having an exclusive currency. It just makes no sense.

As for converting TP to MP, my personal reccommendation is to sell MP boosters for TP that increase the amount of MP you get for any action. This way it encourages people to play more, and people can buy TP to buy MP boosters if they don't want to spend enough to outright purchase a single cosmetic item with TP.

To be honest, the only way I've seen currency be converted in games before is via a market among players in-game, which is something ToS does not have. It's the only thing I can think of, but I doubt it'd ever be made that way.

Other that that, I'd say just link them. Make as many items as possible available with both currencies (at different prices, of course), so that people still have to work to obtain things if they don't want to pay, but aren't completely locked out of it.

Not sure what else to add to this commentary, might return to this thread later.

P-edit: Not intending to sound rude, but could you guys please spoiler your quotes when said quotes are gigantic? Makes it somewhat hard to see the actual post.
Lmao my old sig was so angry I can't even

Time really is...something
Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Location: Wondering what the heck my teenage self was thinking in here

Postby chitownmvp01 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:36 am

Never implement the Transporter change that was planned for the most recent patch. I'm sure you know the reasons for not implementing it. Or at minimum, implement it in Classic only to help new players.

Other than that, there really isn't anything that bothers me about the game rn.
Last edited by chitownmvp01 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Image

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:41 am

Kirize12 wrote:A better alternative, if possible, were to prevent Transporter spawning in Classic.

Also, the Classic rolelist does need changes, as the transition from Classic to Ranked Practice is too large a gap, especially when the Ranked rolelist is changed.

I actually believe all the roles should be in Classic, so new players can learn everything and be aware of all the roles when they move onto other game modes.

Also, I think any changes to Classic should be done in a new game mode otherwise it wouldn't be Classic anymore. The original Classic role list should remain its own game mode.

Chitsticks INC.

Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, Godfather, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:51 am

Kirize12 wrote:The problem with all roles being in classic is that not all roles are good for newer players. Having things like a transporter in classic would actually prevent learning.

The original Classic rolelist in unbalanced and doesn't help players to learn, and is an extremely gigantic gap from Classic to Ranked Practice.

Then they don't learn Transporter and go on to the other game modes not knowing how Transporter, Witch, etc. works.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby chitownmvp01 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:56 am

Kirize12 wrote:They learn it in Ranked Practice, after getting familiarized with most of the other roles. Having a Transporter in Classic would be very confusing, the transporter in classic likely wouldn't know how to handle it and the other players wouldn't know what to do about it.

Learn it earlier or later. Both sides have good points here. Maybe have a separate Classic mode with Transporter, Witch, etc.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:00 am

It's been stated we're not changing Classic. That hasn't changed. Classic is a learning area for new players, hence why Transporter is very unlikely to be removed from its chance of rolling as Random Town.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SuperPacmaniaMaker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:01 am

Kirize12 wrote:Don't you feel like it'd be better if they weren't introduced to so many roles at a time, especially the ones with the most confusing mechanics?

Then just have that exact idea for a middle ground mode.
A new mode that is supposed to fill in that big gap between Classic and Ranked.

Classic needs to stay for the noobs. And shouldn't be changed.
SuperPacmaniaMaker
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby RetralMega » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:03 am

Kirize12 wrote:Don't you feel like it'd be better if they weren't introduced to so many roles at a time, especially the ones with the most confusing mechanics?

Classic, Custom, All Any, Ranked Practice, & Ranked take up the playerbase. Adding a new mode that probably wont even be used isn't really worth it.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby SuperPacmaniaMaker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:05 am

RetralMega wrote:

Classic, Custom, All Any, Ranked Practice, & Ranked take up the playerbase. Adding a new mode that probably wont even be used isn't really worth it.

To add to that, not everyone wants to go for the ranked play.
There are some people who go from Classic to binge playing All Any for the sake of fun rather than competitiveness.

But either way, Classic shouldn't be changed because it's meant for new people to learn basic roles and basic mechanics for the game.

What really needs to stop is experienced players trying to plague the Classic mode for an easy win
SuperPacmaniaMaker
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby chitownmvp01 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:09 am

I believe learning things earlier is better.

RetralMega wrote:

There are some people who go from Classic to binge playing All Any for the sake of fun rather than competitiveness.

But either way, Classic shouldn't be changed because it's meant for new people to learn basic roles and basic mechanics for the game.

What really needs to stop is experienced players trying to plague the Classic mode for an easy win

You're kidding? People really play Classic for free wins? I haven't played Classic since the first month I played TOS. I have 0 tolerance for poor play in games. Also, I hate role lists with tons of specific roles. I auto vote to repick any host that does that in Custom or leave the lobby if the game is about to start. But typically, I only play Ranked or Ranked Practice if the Ranked queue wait time is over 3:00. I rarely play any of the other game modes these days.

Chitsticks INC.

chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner

Postby RetralMega » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:16 am

RetralMega wrote:

What if shitting on noobs in Classic is how I have fun?
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby SuperPacmaniaMaker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:19 am

RetralMega wrote:
RetralMega wrote:

What if shitting on noobs in Classic is how I have fun?

Then...good for you? I dunno.
You're probably driving some noobs away though. And that's not good for...uh. Semi-company.

@ giant W
Some experienced players do this thing where they go to Classic and try to get free wins, and make a huge fuss about it when the noobs cost them the game. Like, come on. You brought that upon yourself.
Last edited by SuperPacmaniaMaker on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperPacmaniaMaker
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby RetralMega » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:21 am

Classic Rolelist is shit. It's far too easy and convinces players that's how the game should be.
It doesn't need to be insanely difficult, but not nearly as easy.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Neasans » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:25 am

I've actually played Classic to get back into the game when I've been inactive for a while, it seems fine to me. Don't understand why you say experienced players would plague it for easy wins though? Most people I see these days seem to care more about ranked. So I don't see what your point is, unless I'm misunderstanding you. An easy game-mode to start with is good for noobs, if you want them to learn either direct them to that practice ranked(?) thing or create an intermediate difficulty game-mode for them, but I don't think they should be deprived of a chance to start off easy, with the basics at least. I've also seen some pretty smart noobs there sometimes so I don't agree that everyone playing Classic is foolish as some people imply.

P-edit: Um ToS is not NFM, I'm not sure anyone can supervise whether noobs are being "mislead" or things.

What happened to that Tutorial thing, though? I felt like that really had potential.
Lmao my old sig was so angry I can't even

Time really is...something
Neasans
Philanthropist
Philanthropist

Location: Wondering what the heck my teenage self was thinking in here

Postby SuperPacmaniaMaker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:26 am

RetralMega wrote:Classic Rolelist is shit. It's far too easy and convinces players that's how the game should be.

Now hold on a second, you can't just do that.
If almost all the roles aren't specific, the noobs will have no idea what to do or what roles go under what category. It'll scare the noobs off and then the semi-company will soon realize there's a decline in gameplay, which is bad to their eyes.

I'm not saying Classic is the best thing ever, but it's definitely a good intro for the basics. And that's what it's there for.

Instead of trying to fix Classic that shouldn't be fixed, and isn't going to be fixed according to a moderator, we should fix the normal ranked list
SuperPacmaniaMaker
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby RetralMega » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:31 am

RetralMega wrote:Classic Rolelist is shit. It's far too easy and convinces players that's how the game should be.

Now hold on a second, you can't just do that.
If almost all the roles aren't specific, the noobs will have no idea what to do or what roles go under what category. It'll scare the noobs off and then the semi-company will soon realize there's a decline in gameplay, which is bad to their eyes.

I'm not saying Classic is the best thing ever, but it's definitely a good intro for the basics. And that's what it's there for.

Instead of trying to fix Classic that shouldn't be fixed, and isn't going to be fixed according to a moderator, we should fix the normal ranked list

Classic shouldn't be used as a Tutorial.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

Postby Jerme » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:33 am

@SPM: Patch 1.6.0 will mainly focus on ranked, so probably there might be a change to the given rolelist.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby awesome5000 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:54 am

As for the spy, I suggest we first petition them into taking away the chat. Then we talk about the visits.
I think it's been a while
awesome5000
Jailor
Jailor

Postby BlazinIce » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:31 am

Or Josh can put it into the PTR and players can see what happens (If they want tricking the spy, the taunts will do that)
How to get unlimited Town Points in Town of Salem
I'm a forum regular. You may see me in Role Ideas (critiquing bad roles), Testing Grounds, Feedback, Suggestions, or Forum Games. I'm also in ToS as Noone.

Mortician -A Neutral Evil Janitor that buries lynches. Has over 100 supporters!
Gossiper -A Neutral Evil role that gives a player valuable information about another player each night.
BlazinIce
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby RosalinasGalaxy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:33 am

Actually are we going to have role-unique taunts?
RosalinasGalaxy
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby RetralMega » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:35 am

RosalinasGalaxy wrote:Actually are we going to have role-unique taunts?

I'm not a fan of that at all. All taunts should be available to all roles.
RetralMega
Patron
Patron

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback