What features does the community want?

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: What features does the community want?

Postby Schultz128 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:36 am

The PTR needs to be integrated into the main client instead of a separate client and used as a separate queue/playlist that can be modified with the changes that want to be tested that don't effect the entire client overall.

More people are likely to test stuff if they don't have to use an entire other client for it, it's kinda simple.

I'd also try and add some kind of customization for custom/private games, such as role modifiers and the ability to enhance the properties of mechanics and roles, similar to Overwatch's custom game system.

These are broad requests that in no doubt would take a while to develop and be a challenge to code into the game, but fruit for thought.
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator

Postby theeldersmurf » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:13 am

Can we get retri out of ranked (or the game as a whole)? Retri is keeping Jailor meta going and hardcore VFR going strong. Jailor died to arso N2 or town myslynches because of VFR, ret brings them back. 3 cleaned roles? the first townie killed that isn't cleaned gets ressed and gives all 3 roles with their wills. Not to mention whoever gets revived is an unquestionably confirmed townie. This is a social deduction game, proof is meant to be earned. With medium you have to prove yourself or have someone else prove you. Retri and the revived are doubtingly proven and there is virtually 0 counterplay to retri. There is no warning to retri's ability, there is no counter to it (other than a lucky RB) and once they get that revive off 99% of evils plans get turned upside down.
theeldersmurf
Jester
Jester

Postby TheDutchDemon » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:04 pm

How about dealing with the bot problem?
TheDutchDemon
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby joefischerxxx » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 pm

Make more roles, lots more roles. It'd be cool if there was a mode with more roles that might not be completely balanced but still fun to play as.
My best roles:
Assassin (2.0)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77379
Fortune Teller (formerly known as the Weather Man)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=80478
Phantom
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... 27&t=78593
joefischerxxx
Survivor
Survivor

Postby WanderingHero » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:06 pm

More mods. The trolls, spammers and bots are laughing at you. They can troll ranked practice for hours and hours without getting banned and even messaging the mods doesn't seem to do anything.
WanderingHero
Executioner
Executioner

Postby ColbyBryant » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:51 am

Fix Elo in Ranked. Anyone who doesn't try their hardest to ruin their team can easily get to masters with enough matches.

I understand that in town of salem a certain percentage of your games you will have no influence or minimal influence on, I understand that but this system you could probably leave as evil everygame then afk as town to get to masters.

As a masters player and top 10 in S3 and S4 I can affirm players who absolutely should not be master are master through sheer grinding.

I know the developers disregard ranked (and the community in general) but I feel like they can gain players back and even new players if they fixed the elo system where bad players stay in low ranks.
Former S3 and S4 top10 in ranked

----------------Subscribe to https://youtube.com/user/Vsefotonz on Youtube---Copy and paste this rignt now!!!
ColbyBryant
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Phone0Ix » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:01 pm

More roles and especially a NE role for Coven because just Jester and Executioner makes it predictable what will happen when you put in an NE.

Also a Forger buff would be nice, a Framer rework (the current buff is defenitely better, but the most suggested rework is better solve in my opinion and not much of a rework) another Disguiser rework (sorry) a priority system for the Crusader so it's not luckbased and choices are more well-thought, some buff for NK's overall
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby Kikigiri » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:38 am

Phone0Ix wrote:More roles and especially a NE role for Coven because just Jester and Executioner makes it predictable what will happen when you put in an NE.
They could just put the Witch in Coven (obviously she would be an independent witch not affiliated with the Coven.) I don't like the idea of losing roles in the mode that is supposed to have expanded roles - the CL obviously isn't the same, since the fact that you have to discover and contact your evil allies is the defining feature of the witch.
Please put the Witch in Coven mode. I miss it. :-(
Kikigiri
Jailor
Jailor

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Kikigiri wrote:
Phone0Ix wrote:More roles and especially a NE role for Coven because just Jester and Executioner makes it predictable what will happen when you put in an NE.
They could just put the Witch in Coven (obviously she would be an independent witch not affiliated with the Coven.) I don't like the idea of losing roles in the mode that is supposed to have expanded roles - the CL obviously isn't the same, since the fact that you have to discover and contact your evil allies is the defining feature of the witch.
But the Witch and CL have similar enough powers that it would seem redundant to have both exist in the same setting. Maybe making a new NE with different powers that has to discover and contact their evil allies somehow would be better.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Sk shouldn't die to bg in jail. NK is hard enough as it is, but if sk is forced to attack jailor, they shouldn't be able to be killed by the bg that is 99% of the time going to be on the jailor. Not to mention that this also prevents the achievement. There are several achievements bugged as it is. If anything, bg should die, and jailor should get a you were attacked and protected notification. This will likely get the sk hanged anyway, but at least they'd have a better chance.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LucidDelirium » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:18 pm

Can we please have an automated system for processing reports that actually results in a ban? Currently the tribunal system does not produce enough bans or penalties. Cheating is becoming flagrant and highly frequent because they feel there is no punishment for their actions.
LucidDelirium

Postby zzjay » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:01 am

LucidDelirium wrote:Can we please have an automated system for processing reports that actually results in a ban? Currently the tribunal system does not produce enough bans or penalties. Cheating is becoming flagrant and highly frequent because they feel there is no punishment for their actions.

Good idea...but i think you shiuld use the report players subforum...
If you see a cheater take a screenshot of evidence and endgame lobby (for names) and file a report.

Another thing would be automated leaving suspension,and ignoring more the hatespeech reports,giving prioritiy to gamethrowing and spamming/cheating.
I honestly couldn't care less if one names himself like an hystorical figure the devs decided to censor,because yeah let's forget it all happened...at some point we'll not be teached ww2 at school anymore xD
zzjay
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby TurnaboutTeddy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:16 pm

UPDATED in-game rules.
CaO :3

Favorite roles: Coven Leader, Coven Leader, Witch, Coven Leader, Coven Leader, and also Coven Leader!
Least favorite roles: All that other stuff. But screw Amnesiac in particular.
TurnaboutTeddy
Witch
Witch

Postby tcarr35 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:35 pm

Can we bring back the random slot? I know that its more balanced for mafia when there are always 4 instead of three and a random. It was always nice to be able to claim a neutral role as a mafia or a neutral killing. For example, when playing as WW I would always act like exe and claim exe and once town "Found out I was exe" I would claim allegiance to town which would allow me to reach endgame. Or the classic survivor claim. Bringing back that random would allow you to claim more roles and would make it harder for town to decipher who is actually evil. I loved that aspect of the game but now it is more like classic without it. My proposal is only have to rt, 3 maf, the nb slot back, and a complete random. Thoughts/Suggestions?
tcarr35
Jester
Jester

Postby trajekt » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:14 am

Granted, it's my fault and my provider's, but here it goes. My connection seems unstable and from time to time I will lose internet for about a second or two. Meanwhile, because of that i get disconnected and can't get back to playing, not the same game at least. I mean, most online games cover for a sudden package loss or allow you to reconnect, this one doesn't and it's something I really think should be fixed. (browser player)
trajekt
Jester
Jester

Postby Jakinator178 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:59 am

As I have mentioned in a new thread, if the game is pay-to-play, we should be getting our money's worth from how the admins handle our reports.

But, one other issue is that I am seriously getting tired of waiting around for the unity port. Please, give us a ptr/beta for it or at least a few game play changes to tide us over. Maybe you guys could offer us a monthly calendar so we can begin to expect cool things? (We still consider free coven weekends to be cool!)

Another issue that seriously should be addressed is that the nk should be replaced by nb in classic ranked playlists. I get the idea that the nb can easily become an unfair king maker, but nk almost never wins. Survivors have to deal with several treacherous factions, amnesiacs have to focus on holding off lynch-happy players... and I feel like if they can survive these, they deserve to have their say in who deserves to win. Who was nice, who was not. NK on the other hand has no solid alliances. Their only chance to have additional voting power is the ne, who all-too-often ditches them to join the mafia. The very least you could do is have a 0 elo penalty for losing as nk (of course, punish those who do leave)
[center]Image

Godfather Bless America
Jakinator178
Witch
Witch

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:03 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:
Jakinator178 wrote:
But, one other issue is that I am seriously getting tired of waiting around for the unity port. Please, give us a ptr/beta for it or at least a few game play changes to tide us over. Maybe you guys could offer us a monthly calendar so we can begin to expect cool things? (We still consider free coven weekends to be cool!)While is has been a long wait for Unity, there have been delays for the devs working on it, such as the Mobile port, the botting situation, the data breach, etc. And I wouldn't be so quick to say that the playerbase loves the Free Coven Weekends. The last few times the devs held one of those, the complains on the forums were through the roof because it was bringing nothing but toxic players into the Coven playerbase.The mobile port is not really a delay for the Unity port, it is the Unity port. The mobile version is written in the Unity engine. We are in the process of ironing out bugs and back porting the Unity code base for web and Steam. The botting situation, data breach, etc were indeed issues we had to deal with that delayed things though. That is correct, and has been very annoying for us, and all of you. The Free Coven weekends are objectively good for the health of the game. They increase user counts, and bring in extra revenue during and afterwards. While not everyone will like them we know, they do help to grow the game. Maybe there is something I can do to try to help better convey cool things that are coming every so often, or give updates. For awhile we were doing monthly updates on reddit, until we moved away from it. Maybe I will start doing those again on here.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:41 am

Judging from the first post and also the recent requests for more roles (count me among the latter), I think we need a better system for deciding which roles have community support. Right now we have:
- People posting /support and not /nosupport in role threads. This is somewhat indicative, but far from a majority.
- Testing Grounds. This hardly resembles Town of Salem anymore, so I'm not sure it's much use at this point.

What would I suggest? A voting system where the roles already voted high are the easiest to find, so that support can snowball. One vote for every ToS account that has played the game (or for every Coven-owning account, for the purpose of expanding the Coven DLC). Probably better to allow each account to vote for as many roles as they like, rather than one vote overall.

This would have to be for new roles only... role reworks don't lend themselves well to a voting system.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:11 am

Brilliand wrote:Judging from the first post and also the recent requests for more roles (count me among the latter), I think we need a better system for deciding which roles have community support. Right now we have:
- People posting /support and not /nosupport in role threads. This is somewhat indicative, but far from a majority.
- Testing Grounds. This hardly resembles Town of Salem anymore, so I'm not sure it's much use at this point.

What would I suggest? A voting system where the roles already voted high are the easiest to find, so that support can snowball. One vote for every ToS account that has played the game (or for every Coven-owning account, for the purpose of expanding the Coven DLC). Probably better to allow each account to vote for as many roles as they like, rather than one vote overall.

This would have to be for new roles only... role reworks don't lend themselves well to a voting system.

The majority of People voted against the Spy changes, showing how braindead they are. This is nevah gonna work.
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:08 am

BasicFourLife wrote:The majority of People voted against the Spy changes, showing how braindead they are. This is nevah gonna work.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Are you talking about the "Spy rework" thread I made in the Role Ideas forum? The one that has had a total of two people comment on it (besides myself), and is a role rework anyway so my suggestion in this thread wouldn't apply to it?

It's irrelevant. (But it does share the trait that the criticisms made of it so far make no sense.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby k70freeman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:49 am

spy should be able to listen to whispers again and hear what the target say the next night after they plant the bug.
k70freeman

Postby Transcender » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:52 pm

learning filters.

person does censor evasion and gets a guilty? Auto added to filter. Same goes with links with a .com, .co.uk, etc filter which can also build up over time. The rule breakers build their own system to stop them.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:07 pm

k70freeman wrote:spy should be able to listen to whispers again and hear what the target say the next night after they plant the bug.

Put role reworks in the Role Ideas subforum. Among other things, that gives us a place to argue about it at length without flooding the main suggestion thread.

Google wrote:learning filters.

person does censor evasion and gets a guilty? Auto added to filter. Same goes with links with a .com, .co.uk, etc filter which can also build up over time. The rule breakers build their own system to stop them.

This would get a lot of false positives, though. Eventually the learning system "learns" to completely shut down discussion in the town.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Transcender » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Brilliand wrote:
k70freeman wrote:spy should be able to listen to whispers again and hear what the target say the next night after they plant the bug.

Put role reworks in the Role Ideas subforum. Among other things, that gives us a place to argue about it at length without flooding the main suggestion thread.

This would get a lot of false positives, though. Eventually the learning system "learns" to completely shut down discussion in the town.

talking about the game tho
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Brilliand » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:59 pm

Google wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

talking about the game tho

Well, if someone says "Yeet is trans. He transported male with female at the doctor last night." ...is that censor evasion? At some point, as the filter develops, it will be the most suggestive thing someone could say.

I suppose filtering all instantly recognizable evasions (all "triggers") would be enough... but the game will never be able to stop people from explaining what they mean the long way.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback