What features does the community want?

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: What features does the community want?

Postby Jerme » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:44 am

That UI takes a lot of space and is might show too much, as currently you see the users role adn the slot they take...
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:02 pm

Jerme wrote:That UI takes a lot of space and is might show too much, as currently you see the users role adn the slot they take...

id think so ,it was made with copy/paste pictures thats why it seems big and i guess it would cover 4 /1 of screen if Devs preaper its web components,
you can read more details what new user inteface includes in it and how it works.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=75202-
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor

Postby coffeelovinggamer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Achilles wrote:Well I tried. Time to go back to driving around in my Ferrari with my super model girlfriend. Oh wait I spend most of my life in front of a computer screen trying to make a free game better and be able to keep it running long term while people on forums tell me what a piece of shit I am. Man life is good.

All that ad revenue from half the internet having Adblock. It doesn't even cover server costs lol.

Can you please stop doing that? It's not the first time I've seen it on here and personally, I find it extremely offensive.

When FFXV came out, I went out and bought it. I LOVED it. I loved it so much I played it through 3 times... one right after another. Each time with a different objective for myself. Man I was hooked. What I didn't do was pay the game devs every time I restarted it. What I didn't do was pay every time I opened the game. So while I wasn't paying daily, I didn't consider FF XV to be a free game. Why? Because I paid for it. Because I gave the company money in order to play the game.

ToS is NOT a free game to those of us who bought the damn thing on Steam. We supported you. We gave you our money in order to play the game.

For some of us, like me, I paid you twice. Because after I finally got into ranked (long before the ELO overhaul) the foundation ranked level was so full of trolls and game throwers.. that my ELO got trashed. There was no way I could recover it. So I bought it again.. started fresh with a new account.

I have paid you my money twice. IRL I don't have a lot of money. I definitely don't spend a lot of what little money I do have on myself. So when I do - it's a big deal.

I gave you my money twice.. I paid for this game - twice. And you have the nerve to sit there and call it a free game and act like you're doing me.. and those of us who paid for the game a favour. It's insulting and we don't deserve it.

ToS has problems. You guys know that. It's not news. And it's not surprising that your player base is frustrated. But that is not the way to handle it.

Disgusted.
coffeelovinggamer
Survivor
Survivor

Postby mdb1023 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 pm

You're acting quite entitled. Just don't buy the game.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:26 am

It is a free game. As a person who has spent at least $15 on it, it's still a free game. Unless you're pirating it, you had to buy FFXV to buy it, did you not? You can play ToS for free. Don't even have to pay a single cent. You chose to. It is a free game and you don't have to pay anything to play it. Can you pay? Yes. But the fact that you can access the entire game(Coven doesn't count, that's DLC) without paying means it's a free game. If you have problems with the game, then address those. Don't call the Devs out on whether or not their game that you can play in your browser without paying at all is a free game or not, it changes nothing.
canadian joker says a lot aboot society
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby coffeelovinggamer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm

mdb1023 wrote:You're acting quite entitled. Just don't buy the game.

I'm acting entitled - what exactly am I saying I'm entitled to - or behaving as if I'm entitled to?

For those saying it's a free game for those of us that bought it:

1. Not everyone knew about the browser version first. If it's advertised on steam, there's link in the description that says, "hey if you want to support us - GREAT! AND THANKS! but there's a free game right here {link}
2. When I first started playing a couple of years ago - I didn't know about the forums. I had a problem with not being able to access my account. I couldn't get the BMG to answer me through facebook so I figured if I were actually a paying customer they might.
3. It's a game. It's a game that I play. It's a game that I purchased to play. If you're playing it and didn't pay for it.. great.. for you it's a free game. Wonderful. For me.. it's a game I bought. Regardless of the options available.. I paid my money.. I downloaded the game I (once again) paid for and I played it - not.. a.. free.. game. Not for those of us who paid for it. And to use that to justify shrugging off people who are complaining (whether they're right or wrong) is a very bad way of running a company.
coffeelovinggamer
Survivor
Survivor

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:17 pm

You paid for it. It's still a free game. Even if you paid for it, you can still play it for free with as many new accounts as you want. For you it's a game you paid for twice, but it's still a free game. The fact that you can access it for free is not changed by the fact that you've paid for it twice.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Leharn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 am

I want some balance changes in some roles. For example Framer, Framer should be equal to its counterpart, Hexmaster. To do this Nerf Hex Master into having his framing effect last until said person who is Hex Master. And buff framer's frame to last forever to compensate for framer not being able to kill when he frames every living non-mafia member when Hex master can do that. I also want a buff to medium in non-Coven, Medium shines more on Coven since they can find stoned people, yes janitor is a thing. But, what if there isn't a janitor, what then? This is where there is some controversy will come in, Remove the seance and make it where the Medium, when dead can talk to the living town by selecting themselves for the following day- this effect lasts for a single day. The dead Medium can vote like a normal person and be like an alive person. The dead will be able to see what the Medium says when he is "alive" in the town.
Leharn
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:28 am

THe Medium does not need this buff. It is quite balanced already and this would make it too strong, Leharn.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:29 am

Jerme wrote:THe Medium does not need this buff. It is quite balanced already and this would make it too strong, Leharn.

They ask buff for roles than they see other roles are powerless than they ask other buffs,this continues forever :lol:
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor

Postby mcluck3 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:36 pm

not a card game
mcluck3

Postby Flare12332 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am

i want to remove Vamp and VH
Because if I was Playing Town I don't want to become Evil
Favorite Roles: Jester and Jailor
Hated role: Vampire

suggestion to existing game modes tell you lover's role
vigilante mode fixes
Possible Rotating game mode improvement

other ideas add a jugg to custom games
Invest should have a reason

this player please don't post on my threads MafiaMenace and nobody reply to this jerk ether if I'm the OP
Flare12332
Spy
Spy

Postby Putinthefriendly » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:17 am

could you guys make it so retri is immune to roleblocks
Putinthefriendly
Jester
Jester

Postby Shilster » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:19 am

Putinthefriendly wrote:could you guys make it so retri is immune to roleblocks

Why even

No

this is a Consort nerf

Retri is fucking broken
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:20 am

I have a honest question. What's the point of this thread? Is there for posting suggestions, or for what? Why it is different for the suggestions forum?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Harachiko » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:27 pm

A Spectator mode.
Harachiko
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:36 pm

The problem with that is that players would be able to cheat with friends using this. A better option would be being able to save games, and even being able to upload them on the forums, so people can download and watch them.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby TommyGallus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:29 pm

B r i n g b a c k o l d S p y.

Seriously, the only fun part of that role is being able to read whispers and now BMer is the one that can do that???? Not to mention how useless the "bug" is. I'm not gonna lie, being able to see who mafia visits can be pretty helpful, but I would much rather have old Spy back for the sake of that role not being a trashy lookout.
TommyGallus
Jester
Jester

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Being able to read whispers is not a good ability. If Town can read whispers, no evildoers whisper. If evildoers can whisper, no Town whispers, and thus no evils whisper because they don't want to be suspicious. Reading whispers is only reliably useful for Spy to confirm themselves whenever they want, that's not a good mechanic if it's basically just another Mayor reveal when it's clearly not supposed to be.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Shilster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:49 pm

TommyGallus wrote:B r i n g b a c k o l d S p y.

Seriously, the only fun part of that role is being able to read whispers and now BMer is the one that can do that???? Not to mention how useless the "bug" is. I'm not gonna lie, being able to see who mafia visits can be pretty helpful, but I would much rather have old Spy back for the sake of that role not being a trashy lookout.

Yeah, BMG should bring back a role that can easily confirm itself and ruins the point of Mafia chat.
Shilster
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby TommyGallus » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Shilster wrote:

Yeah, BMG should bring back a role that can easily confirm itself and ruins the point of Mafia chat.

There are several roles that can easily confirm themselves. Spy isn't special. And ruins the point of mafia chat? Mafia didn't have any problem talking differently to counter Spy, so that's not a problem. The new Spy sucks, it's bug is trash, and is a boring role. Give back whispers and that would fix Spy.
TommyGallus
Jester
Jester

Postby mdb1023 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:41 pm

I don't even care about ToS anymore and that statement still pains me on a deep emotional level.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby HereThereEverywhere » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:44 pm

TommyGallus wrote:
Shilster wrote:

There are several roles that can easily confirm themselves. Spy isn't special. And ruins the point of mafia chat? Mafia didn't have any problem talking differently to counter Spy, so that's not a problem. The new Spy sucks, it's bug is trash, and is a boring role. Give back whispers and that would fix Spy.

Boring is subjective, don't use it to argue about anything unless the majority thinks it's boring, which I highly doubt you know.

Arguing balance requires more than saying "It sucks, it's trash, it's boring," you need to give evidence as to why it's trash or it sucks. I can literally use your own words against you here.

The old Spy sucked, its whisper and Mafia-chat reading was trash, and it was a shit role. Except I'll back up what I say, reading whispers means you were always immediately confirmed whenever you want, sure, other roles can confirm easily too, but that's not an excuse to give Spy an ability that is literally just for confirming itself and making no evildoers whisper, it's a TI so all of its abilities should be about gaining information, and if one of its abilities to do that doesn't get any information reliably like whisper reading, it shouldn't have that ability. You honestly support Spy being able to read the Mafia chat? Okay, let's make a role that can read Jailor chat. Tell me how balanced that is, the Jailor can't ask the jailed person their role or will because it would give all that information to whoever can read that chat. Sure, Jailor can try something like "I'll spam roles and then you say yours", but this just doesn't work for Mafia, when they do it with say a Consig, it confirms that Mafia has a Consig. Mafia has a lower winrate than Town, they don't need to be shafted like this. Mafia did have a problem trying to counter Spy, that's why they got rid of the fucking ability in the first place. Well, it was the second place, the first place was making Mafia know when there was a Spy. Do you know why they stopped that? Because they got rid of Spy's bad ability to read Mafia chat. The Devs even tried to make a compromise with not getting rid of Spy's ability to read Mafia chat, it legitimately did not work, supporting Spy reading Mafia chat is just supporting unbalanced and unfun mechanics, and you cannot tell me that not being able to talk to your team properly is not an "unfun mechanic". The difference between me and you saying these things is that there is nothing inherently more or less boring about Spy over other roles, it has more interactability than Medium, and I enjoy playing Medium. However, actively not being able to speak to your team out of fear of literally screwing everyone over is not fun, it's a stupid and stressful mechanic that shafts Mafia and just doesn't allow them to plan like they should be able to.
HereThereEverywhere
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Hunter

Postby Flare12332 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:15 am

I'd like to be able to play with the old roles
Favorite Roles: Jester and Jailor
Hated role: Vampire

suggestion to existing game modes tell you lover's role
vigilante mode fixes
Possible Rotating game mode improvement

other ideas add a jugg to custom games
Invest should have a reason

this player please don't post on my threads MafiaMenace and nobody reply to this jerk ether if I'm the OP
Flare12332
Spy
Spy

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:16 am

It could work for a custom rules gamemode, but not for any of the current gamemodes.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback