Who else hates the app version?

Put any feedback about the game here.

Who else hates the app version?

Postby LivingInStevenage » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:44 pm

Why is the app version is so fiddly??

I didn’t like the new browser version when that came out and the app suffers from the same problems. Trying to see everything I needed to at the same time was impossible; I hate switching between different panels and having to overload my working memory - it is just too much work and fatigues the player.

The interface is awful and typing is a nightmare. Trying to see names or numbers is awful, for some reason everything needs scrolling even though it could quite easily fit on one screen (especially on iPad). It is just awful to use.

Trying to update the block text items such as the “will” and “notes” is a nightmare. There is a large screen where you could have an edit box yet the typing area is relegated to the far corner only three lines high. It is as if this has never been play-tested.

A text only version would be infinitely better - normal text not all these graphical text items. Is there any text only light version that can connect to the game?

Is there an API so I could build my own??

PS This is coming from someone who has a grandfathered account, so I have been playing a long time. The main difficulty I face in playing is the interface. I used to regularly win as SK and some of the other roles considered more difficult, but I am useless with this interface.

PPS These forum pages aren’t all that mobile friendly either.
LivingInStevenage
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Who else hates the app version?

Postby MewNyanFan700 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:29 am

Yeah, no, same. I only use the mobile version to grab a Cauldron visit, everything else is impossible to use on mobile.
Even without the fiddly buttons and overlays, the game is NOT built around having a keyboard take up half the screen- you can't read and type at the same time, which in a game like this is a death sentence....
Favorite roles: Serial Killer, Godfather, Arsonist, Witch
Least favorite roles: Basically none of them!

PFP from here, background is custom.

hehe i made my own flair B)
MewNyanFan700
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Return to Feedback