Please Remove Reading Whispers While Dead

Put any feedback about the game here.

Please Remove Reading Whispers While Dead

Postby Boredfan1 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:56 pm

As blackmailer, we can still read whispers however, there is no point to that, no competent medium will listen to you if you try to fool them and there is no evil medium to give information to. It just clutters the screen with information that is of no use to you unless you're cheating through a skype or discord call. So please remove.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Re: Please Remove Reading Whispers While Dead

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:20 pm

There are a few edge cases where it could be useful though. If you're playing in AA or something and a Witch whispers an NK that they're siding with them you might want to tell that to the Medium. Also if you somehow end up forged or cleaned you could use whispers to trick the Medium. Like maybe if you find an NK through whispers you could claim that you found them as a TI to gain credibility and maybe later in the game falsely accuse someone else to get a mislynch. Or if you're in Ranked and you find a Bodyguard through whispers you could say you found them as BG/GF/Arso as Investigator and maybe get them lynched while establishing credibility. All super unlikely situations but they do exist.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby blackaxe3 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:08 pm

Since you say the ability is pointless, there isn't really a reason to remove the ability either.
My Name Picks:

Royal Match - my default pick
Melon King - when someone named themselves Pumpkin King
Godfather - for role theme or to just bait people
Cottan Mother - to cause confusion
blackaxe3
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Boredfan1 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:03 am

blackaxe3 wrote:Since you say the ability is pointless, there isn't really a reason to remove the ability either.

I don't mean fully removing the ability, just disable it when we die.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Manona24 » Mon May 09, 2022 1:15 pm

I've had games where I recite what other players are whispering to the dead (with no Medium) so they can follow along. Most people enjoy knowing what the whispers are about and getting new info from the game that they wouldn't get otherwise. At the very least it can keep you and/or other players entertained when there's nothing else to do
Manona24
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Boredfan1 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:12 pm

Manona24 wrote:I've had games where I recite what other players are whispering to the dead (with no Medium) so they can follow along. Most people enjoy knowing what the whispers are about and getting new info from the game that they wouldn't get otherwise. At the very least it can keep you and/or other players entertained when there's nothing else to do

Fair point and I recall times like that as well now that I think about it.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Feedback