Executioner in Ranked/RP

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Executioner in Ranked/RP

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:00 pm

Yeah, we might soften the penalty. But the point of the role is that lynching its target is very hard, but it's self-confirmation means that everyone will be super paranoid about lynching, and will check who voted against a potentially suspicious player instead of paying attention to the accused player himself. That's damaging enough, I think.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Boredfan1 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:15 pm

James2 wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:
James2 wrote:Executioner is trivially easy to win as if you can lie halfway well.

And even if you can't, in the current meta town will often give you the win if you cooperate with them.

In theory but in practice, I've seen them lose about 90-99% of the time.

Then you've either interacted with exceptionally bad Executioners or exceptionally perceptive towns. It really isn't hard to set up a convincing fake claim, especially if you pay attention to the current meta regarding how town responds to potential executioners.

I've interacted with people who HAVE won as executioner, I have won as executioner myself and we are still saying it's not a good role.

Joacgroso wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:If you want to change them, maybe you could take inspiration from the fearmonger, a role from blood on the clocktower? That game is kinda different from ToS, but maybe the role can work with some tweaks.

I'm not a balance expert, but maybe we could have them pick a target and 2 red herrings each night, which will be revealed the next day to the town. If the true target is town and is lynched the next day (optionally: this ability only works if the exe is among the first half of people who voted that person up), evils win. The reworked exe could still win like a witch. If you don't want to be so punishing, maybe make the exe rb all townies if he executes his target.

Although as I said, I like current exes.

People said they don't know how to rework exes, so I'll repost this because most people didn't give feedback. I like the concept of a fearmonger because it actually deters town from lynching people just by existing. Even if what I said is bad, there may be some way around it.

Interesting, not sure it could work for ToS with some tweaks or not but I'll see what I can do though, I see a lot of problems with it, like it's really bad for evil roles who are the underdogs like mafia.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:20 pm

How is it very bad for mafia?

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Brilliand » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:47 pm

Yeah, I can definitely see how Fearmonger would be a good role in some games. I'm just hesitant to invite it into ToS, because it seems pretty meta-defining.

Boredfan1 wrote:I've interacted with people who HAVE won as executioner, I have won as executioner myself and we are still saying it's not a good role.

Did you get them to specify what was wrong with it? Because Executioner does have a lot of problems; it's just that "too hard to win as" isn't one of them.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Boredfan1 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:41 am

Joacgroso wrote:How is it very bad for mafia?

Because there's a good chance that they will choose a mafia member and the mafia really doesn't need an additional enemy that can screw them over and win for doing so.

Brilliand wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:I've interacted with people who HAVE won as executioner, I have won as executioner myself and we are still saying it's not a good role.

Did you get them to specify what was wrong with it? Because Executioner does have a lot of problems; it's just that "too hard to win as" isn't one of them.

Being too hard to win as is one of the reasons and that is because of other reasons like: You're easy to identify as executioner, town will almost never work with you once they know and will instead execute you or lynch you, mafia will often not work with you, the witch won't often work with you, other neutral roles often don't work with you, your target will die or leave before you can lynch them and your target often gets confirmed too fast so you can't lynch them.

That's all off the top of my head. There is probably more I'm just not thinking of. It needs a serious rework because exe is just a horrible role.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:54 pm

Boredfan1 wrote:Because there's a good chance that they will choose a mafia member and the mafia really doesn't need an additional enemy that can screw them over and win for doing so.

The ability will fail if the target isn't town.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Previous

Return to Feedback