Blacklisting Players/Roles

Put any feedback about the game here.

Blacklisting Players/Roles

Postby dbpeanut » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:46 pm

While it is not my original idea, I'm making a separate thread so that people who want to add on to this idea can without digging through 2-3 pages.
The base idea for blacklisting players is:
You can only blacklist in post lobby
You get notified before blacklisting that it may increase queue times
You can change blacklisting settings to be a preference rather than a hard block, IE- prioritizing games without them unless it would create a new queue.
If you do get in a game with someone you have blacklisted, they are automatically ignored.

The basic ideas for blacklisting roles are:
You can blacklist roles you don't like
It will try and prevent you from getting that role unless...
If all players have a role blacklisted IE- executioner, the exe is chosen at random like normal, but with increased MP rewards.

I'd definitely prefer it if you guys provided more constructive criticism, but if you just agree/disagree say so.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Blacklisting Players/Roles

Postby dbpeanut » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 pm

As a quick note, I believe it is entirely beneficial to everybody involved if they are able to blacklist players and roles. Players for the simple fact of sometimes there's players who skirt the rules more than most, or the trial system isn't a timely response. Roles to ultimately reduce the amount of leavers.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:11 am

dbpeanut wrote:While it is not my original idea, I'm making a separate thread so that people who want to add on to this idea can without digging through 2-3 pages.
You can change blacklisting settings to be a preference rather than a hard block, IE- prioritizing games without them unless it would create a new queue.
If you do get in a game with someone you have blacklisted, they are automatically ignored.

If all players have a role blacklisted IE- executioner, the exe is chosen at random like normal, but with increased MP rewards.

I'd definitely prefer it if you guys provided more constructive criticism, but if you just agree/disagree say so.

This does not make sense at all, first of all when it comes to blacklisting players you need to consider how the average Town of Salem Player is. They tend to blacklist anyone who makes a bad play so if it becomes nearly impossible to fill a game due to EVERYONE blacklisting eachother it will never ever work nor will a game start which is ridiculous. Secondly you can't possibly say which roles you dislike to make it less likely to get them, evidentally that isn't very fun in a game based around RNG and how to play each roles.

So No Support for both of the ideas.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby alex1234321 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:21 am

EqsyLootz wrote:
dbpeanut wrote:While it is not my original idea, I'm making a separate thread so that people who want to add on to this idea can without digging through 2-3 pages.

This does not make sense at all, first of all when it comes to blacklisting players you need to consider how the average Town of Salem Player is. They tend to blacklist anyone who makes a bad play so if it becomes nearly impossible to fill a game due to EVERYONE blacklisting eachother it will never ever work nor will a game start which is ridiculous. Secondly you can't possibly say which roles you dislike to make it less likely to get them, evidentally that isn't very fun in a game based around RNG and how to play each roles.

So No Support for both of the ideas.

For the first idea, a soft blacklist wouldn't affect queue times because the player would enter the lobby with the blacklisted player if there is only one lobby available. So I would be okay with a soft blacklist even though it probably wouldn't do much due to the dying playerbase.

I wouldn't support blacklisting roles because it could lead to a meta, even in casual modes. If I play with someone frequently and know that they never get Town roles, I would suspect that they have those roles blacklisted and would try to get them lynched early in the game if I am Town.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:50 am

I would stop buying scrolls, and just blacklist all the roles I dont want. Thus reducing the need to buy any consumables from the shop, which is the only recurring payments players make.

/support cos BMG are crazy rich and dont need my money anyway ^^
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Feedback