This game has such a toxic community. I'd like a refund

Put any feedback about the game here.

This game has such a toxic community. I'd like a refund

Postby mattghum3 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:15 pm

I purchased Town of Salem on March 17 and since starting and doing the recommended (50 games in ranked practice) all I have come across is people leaving, people being racist, mean to each other and I just don't get why people would want to play this game with such a terrible community.

I put in a support ticket with no response. Please can you refund my purchase price? if not I guess I'll go to my bank.

Kind regards,
Mattghum3
mattghum3

Re: This game has such a toxic community. I'd like a refund

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:18 am

I dont think theres a ''Toxic community'' clause in the Terms of Service.

Id suggest spending an extra $5 for the Coven DLC, cos the coven community are less toxic than the regular ranked noobs, who all seem to think they big brain, cos they have a score to point at, and get really salty when they lose a match cos ''my big brain = win every match''.

The cons are that coven only has rotating modes and all any, that fill fast, but racist trolls and leavers get reported and seem to disappear after a few days (likely because of suspensions) So there is very much less of them.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby mattghum3 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:37 am

With all respect, I am not paying an additional $5 for something that has brought nothing but incomplete games because of people quitting and constant racist slurs. Do they not ban people for this behavior?
mattghum3

Postby alex1234321 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:42 am

mattghum3 wrote:With all respect, I am not paying an additional $5 for something that has brought nothing but incomplete games because of people quitting and constant racist slurs. Do they not ban people for this behavior?

Click the button that says "Board Index" at the top of the screen. You should see the names of a bunch of subforums, including the one that you clicked before making this post. One of those subforums is called "Report Players." Next to that label, there should be a small icon that says "Appeals." Click on it. Every single thread in there is of someone who was banned and decided to appeal their ban. This is just a tiny fraction of the users who are actually banned from the game.

So yes, they do ban people for this behavior.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:13 pm

mattghum3 wrote:With all respect, I am not paying an additional $5 for something that has brought nothing but incomplete games because of people quitting and constant racist slurs. Do they not ban people for this behavior?

There is this system known as the trial system whereas many volunteers of the community aid the Judges+ in keeping evildoers out of the games based on rulebreaks. Rulebreaks do not go unnoticed nor does the staff do nothing.

It is quite rare to encounter cases of racism but if you want to avoid main Hate Speech I recommend ranked as chances are racist spammers won't make it past 5 games played ;)

Edit: I should mention refunds aren't a thing as you played the game you payed for sooo. Sorry.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Yemac » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:51 am

mattghum3 wrote:I purchased Town of Salem on March 17 and since starting and doing the recommended (50 games in ranked practice) all I have come across is people leaving, people being racist, mean to each other and I just don't get why people would want to play this game with such a terrible community.

I put in a support ticket with no response. Please can you refund my purchase price? if not I guess I'll go to my bank.

Kind regards,
Mattghum3

If you have coven tickets, you can try out some Coven games. So you can decide if that 5 dollars is worth it for a less-toxic community.

But yes, it is true that the game is quite toxic. People get banned all the times for that, but in almost every game people are calling each other the r-word, a trash player or "delete the game". I get why that would bother some people. The best you can do to avoid that is find a wholesome discord server where you can find friends to play the game with.

You have to remember that a lot of the playerbase consists of children. Children who think it's cool that they swear or people who act like children and like to put down others. One day it might be more wholesome, but until then you really can't avoid the toxicity.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby dolphina » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:41 am

1. You can’t refund for this.
2. As stated before, the Coven community is wayyyyy less toxic, especially if you hop on Coven AA. From my experience, they’re super chill over there. Avoid Coven TT like the plague if you hate toxicity. Coven always gets super salty if their TT gets lynched. One of them will probably gamethrow.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mattghum3 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:42 pm

Just wanted to update this in case anyone else is in the same situation as me.

I got a refund by going through my bank. BMG never responded to the claim so they defaulted to me.

Hope this helps anyone else who feels like this game has a poor community and wants out.
mattghum3

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:45 pm

I'm a grandfather account, so this is still a free ride for me.

Though I too, will not buy Coven because this game is not worth it.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby EqsyLootz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:22 pm

SilverCruz wrote:I'm a grandfather account, so this is still a free ride for me.

sheesh you're so cheap. expecting so much of devs but not even supporting them. Why play the game if all you do is complain. It's getting on my nerves
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SilverCruz » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:52 pm

You know what gets on my nerves?

The Jailor. But it's been six years and that's still the same.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby dbpeanut » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:24 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
SilverCruz wrote:I'm a grandfather account, so this is still a free ride for me.

sheesh you're so cheap. expecting so much of devs but not even supporting them. Why play the game if all you do is complain. It's getting on my nerves

Time is a more valuable commodity than money.
Any game dev knows that. If you don't see that they've spent time more than equivalent to the money they'd spend on Coven or Premium, then I don't know what to tell you.
FYI, even at TOS's most popular, they never addressed the core issues that they've been complaining about, so don't think it's a money issue.
dbpeanut
Transporter
Transporter

Return to Feedback