Votespamming should be disabled

Put any feedback about the game here.

Votespamming should be disabled

Postby Yemac » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:42 pm

As the title says. You should only be able to vote someone every 5 or so seconds.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Re: Votespamming should be disabled

Postby Descender » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:47 pm

Yemac wrote:As the title says. You should only be able to vote someone every 5 or so seconds.

this can lead to many undeserved wins where someone needed to change votes near the end of the day but couldnt
also blackmailer
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Yemac wrote:As the title says. You should only be able to vote someone every 5 or so seconds.

And why is this suggestion necessary? I don't think "votespamming" has ever been a problem in this game ever, because you can only vote/unvote 4 times before you have to wait 5 seconds before doing it again. People mostly only do it if they're BMed.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Descender » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:11 pm

OreCreeper wrote:

And why is this suggestion necessary? I don't think "votespamming" has ever been a problem in this game ever, because you can only vote/unvote 4 times before you have to wait 5 seconds before doing it again. People mostly only do it if they're BMed.

wait
if thats the case
there is already a version of this suggestion in the game
so this doesnt matter even more
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:50 pm

Descender wrote:

this can lead to many undeserved wins where someone needed to change votes near the end of the day but couldnt
also blackmailer

I think they having a cry cos they BMed someone and that happened. I often do it in AA even if I wasnt BMed, just to stop people whispering, especially if Im Vet or Medusa because mafia tend to get curious about people faking being BMed.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Razbae » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:11 am

Better not vote the wrong guy 5 seconds before the day ends...big oof suggestion.
Razbae
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:35 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Descender wrote:

also blackmailer

I think they having a cry cos they BMed someone and that happened. I often do it in AA even if I wasnt BMed, just to stop people whispering, especially if Im Vet or Medusa because mafia tend to get curious about people faking being BMed.

..they should be used to it by now
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:12 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
Descender wrote:

also blackmailer

Yes. I'm just so sad that my BM'er game got countered. You totally got me. I just can't handle a loss.

Bro what do you think lmao. I get that you're used to ToS players being salty children, but wow lol

Anyways, the reason it's in Feedback is because it is a direct counter to BM'er and you can fake a BM'er game. I think games would be way more interesting if when soemone is visited, they can't confirm BM'er and someone can't fake it. This way town may get hung because they are silent, and mafia is forced to claim on the stand.

If y'all disagree that's fine, that's what the forums are for, but I personally think it makes the game a bit more interesting.

+ changing votes already happens when BM'd people spamvote too much so there's that
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:18 pm

Yemac wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
Descender wrote:

also blackmailer

Yes. I'm just so sad that my BM'er game got countered. You totally got me. I just can't handle a loss.

Bro what do you think lmao. I get that you're used to ToS players being salty children, but wow lol

Anyways, the reason it's in Feedback is because it is a direct counter to BM'er and you can fake a BM'er game. I think games would be way more interesting if when soemone is visited, they can't confirm BM'er and someone can't fake it. This way town may get hung because they are silent, and mafia is forced to claim on the stand.

If y'all disagree that's fine, that's what the forums are for, but I personally think it makes the game a bit more interesting.

+ changing votes already happens when BM'd people spamvote too much so there's that

not being able to share info is already a big thing, and anyway bmer is a bad role and completely unbalanced

I really dont see a problem about telling people you are bmed, I mean, thats literally the only info you can give to town that day
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:05 am

Besides, I like spam voting on my friends, in case I can sheep town into lynching them
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Descender » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:41 am

kyuss420 wrote:Besides, I like spam voting on my friends, in case I can sheep town into lynching them

its this behaviour that makes people like op want it gone :^)
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:17 am

Descender wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:Besides, I like spam voting on my friends, in case I can sheep town into lynching them

its this behaviour that makes people like op want it gone :^)

Thank you lol. "yeh spamvoting is not an issue guys I just do it to be annoying!"
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Razbae » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:01 pm

Yemac wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
Descender wrote:

also blackmailer

You're missing the entire point of people arguing against this by brushing it off with "if y'all disagree that's fine". Sure we're allowed to disagree, but if you're going to keep telling people this needs to be implemented, you need to give an actual solution to the problems people have laid out. Making the game interesting is one thing, but making the game a headache for 99% of the players is a tough sell.

Also, stating a problem with how BM'd people spamvote too much causing them to not vote effectively does not make it ok to make it worse. That just doesn't make sense.

As for this general problem I keep seeing arise of, "I hate x so I'm going to rant here and there until I'm satisfied!" needs to stop. Sure it's great for actual problems like maybe your abilities are bugged out, you can't load the game, or you are being hacked, etc. Sure make a thread and get actual issues solved. But all this whining I see about someone called me a name, some guy said i suck at the game, all these roles give me a headache, etc. There are solutions people like you can do that are already in place:

Use the ignore feature. Do research on the game and take your time. Stop letting little stuff get to you and grow as a person.

So in short: Rather than making everyone elses game worse by implementing this trash idea based on your incapacity to adjust and handle situations, become capable of handling them and adjust as a person to make your own life better. You can start by youtubing and googling philosophical ideas on how to be an actual human and not a spongebob.
Razbae
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Yemac » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:04 am

Razbae wrote:
Yemac wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:
Descender wrote:

also blackmailer

You're missing the entire point of people arguing against this by brushing it off with "if y'all disagree that's fine". Sure we're allowed to disagree, but if you're going to keep telling people this needs to be implemented, you need to give an actual solution to the problems people have laid out. Making the game interesting is one thing, but making the game a headache for 99% of the players is a tough sell.

Also, stating a problem with how BM'd people spamvote too much causing them to not vote effectively does not make it ok to make it worse. That just doesn't make sense.

As for this general problem I keep seeing arise of, "I hate x so I'm going to rant here and there until I'm satisfied!" needs to stop. Sure it's great for actual problems like maybe your abilities are bugged out, you can't load the game, or you are being hacked, etc. Sure make a thread and get actual issues solved. But all this whining I see about someone called me a name, some guy said i suck at the game, all these roles give me a headache, etc. There are solutions people like you can do that are already in place:

Use the ignore feature. Do research on the game and take your time. Stop letting little stuff get to you and grow as a person.

So in short: Rather than making everyone elses game worse by implementing this trash idea based on your incapacity to adjust and handle situations, become capable of handling them and adjust as a person to make your own life better. You can start by youtubing and googling philosophical ideas on how to be an actual human and not a spongebob.

wow lol you really took the time to write all that and try and insult someone. Looks more like you need to read up on "how to not sound like an asshole" lmao. It's feedback. Doesn't need to be implemented if the community thinks it's trash.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby foggyartsit3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:56 am

yikes. This suggestion was thrown away waaaaaay to fast. I think it's a great idea, blackmailed should prevent people from spreading information, by spamming votes the BM'd is spreading important information, likely stopping people from whispering and giving out information or revealing themselves. spamming votes on somebody also draws undeserved attention to their names creating AA bandwagons and diverting attention from others. maybe the solution isn't limited voting, you can't control when new information is being released and changing your vote quickly can change the fate of the game. that being said preventing people from spamming votes doesn't wholly sound like a bad idea, it's sharing information and influencing the game in ways it wasn't meant to be influenced. hidden voting maybe? it would serve as a blanket evil buff/Blackmailer buff all without fundamentally changing the play experience of either.

IDK but this kinda felt like brigading so I had to post something
living your best life despite knowing that your life couldn't have unfolded any other way is the most effective condemnation of the nature of reality. Done by complying with it in its entirety. Be your best self, you don't have a choice either way.
~A rather optimistic determinist
foggyartsit3
Survivor
Survivor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:12 am

foggyartsit3 wrote:yikes. This suggestion was thrown away waaaaaay to fast. I think it's a great idea, blackmailed should prevent people from spreading information, by spamming votes the BM'd is spreading important information, likely stopping people from whispering and giving out information or revealing themselves. spamming votes on somebody also draws undeserved attention to their names creating AA bandwagons and diverting attention from others. maybe the solution isn't limited voting, you can't control when new information is being released and changing your vote quickly can change the fate of the game. that being said preventing people from spamming votes doesn't wholly sound like a bad idea, it's sharing information and influencing the game in ways it wasn't meant to be influenced. hidden voting maybe? it would serve as a blanket evil buff/Blackmailer buff all without fundamentally changing the play experience of either.

Bmer is completely unbalanced, and affect voting is a terrible mechanic, specially for scum roles because there is no drawback if they are scumsided
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Yemac » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:29 am

syjfwbaobfwl wrote:
foggyartsit3 wrote:yikes. This suggestion was thrown away waaaaaay to fast. I think it's a great idea, blackmailed should prevent people from spreading information, by spamming votes the BM'd is spreading important information, likely stopping people from whispering and giving out information or revealing themselves. spamming votes on somebody also draws undeserved attention to their names creating AA bandwagons and diverting attention from others. maybe the solution isn't limited voting, you can't control when new information is being released and changing your vote quickly can change the fate of the game. that being said preventing people from spamming votes doesn't wholly sound like a bad idea, it's sharing information and influencing the game in ways it wasn't meant to be influenced. hidden voting maybe? it would serve as a blanket evil buff/Blackmailer buff all without fundamentally changing the play experience of either.

Bmer is completely unbalanced, and affect voting is a terrible mechanic, specially for scum roles because there is no drawback if they are scumsided

How would you solve the issue then while still removing votespamming? It wasn't intended to be a mechanic, the community made it one.

Also thanks for the kind words foggy. Some people really can't keep it civil it seems.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 am

Yemac wrote:
syjfwbaobfwl wrote:

How would you solve the issue then while still removing votespamming? It wasn't intended to be a mechanic, the community made it one.

Also thanks for the kind words foggy. Some people really can't keep it civil it seems.

reworking bmer completely, or at least dont allowing chain bming

I dont really see a problem with ppl showing they are bmed tbh, there is literally nothing else you can tell to town that day
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Feedback