Fixing Chat Delay

Put any feedback about the game here.

Fixing Chat Delay

Postby Descender » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:02 pm

with flash it was a big issue that if you were playing on wifi your messages could delay for up to half a minute, now we have incoming chat being delayed, imo this is a massive flaw in the game as it basically unplayable for people who dont have the best internet, on top of disconnects
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Re: Fixing Chat Delay

Postby dolphina » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:40 pm

agreed with the above, game lags out to all hell with chat sometimes
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Descender » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 pm

dolphina wrote:agreed with the above, game lags out to all hell with chat sometimes

it makes me wonder if it affects actions bc that could ruin alot
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby dolphina » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:04 pm

Ascender wrote:
dolphina wrote:agreed with the above, game lags out to all hell with chat sometimes

i dont think so? usually it just lags behind the beginning of the day a bit or tos is just being shitty whenever that happens

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Descender » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:57 pm

dolphina wrote:
Ascender wrote:

i dont think so? usually it just lags behind the beginning of the day a bit or tos is just being shitty whenever that happens

wouldnt it affect everything though
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby shapesifter13 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:37 pm

We put out a fix recently that should have mostly, if not completely fixed this issue. Is this something you are still dealing with? If so, how frequently? Once a day, every game, multiple times a game?
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:39 am

shapesifter13 wrote:We put out a fix recently that should have mostly, if not completely fixed this issue. Is this something you are still dealing with? If so, how frequently? Once a day, every game, multiple times a game?

i dont play much anymore, but when i do it tends to be the chat stopping for a while then all going at once, around 10% of the time that will happen once or twice in a game. I use an ethernet cable and have no issues with absolutely anything else. I have my messages sending slower on wifi, an issue which has fixed mostly but i think thats just because my internets gotten alot better.
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Ascender wrote:
shapesifter13 wrote:We put out a fix recently that should have mostly, if not completely fixed this issue. Is this something you are still dealing with? If so, how frequently? Once a day, every game, multiple times a game?

i dont play much anymore, but when i do it tends to be the chat stopping for a while then all going at once, around 10% of the time that will happen once or twice in a game. I use an ethernet cable and have no issues with absolutely anything else. I have my messages sending slower on wifi, an issue which has fixed mostly but i think thats just because my internets gotten alot better.

In general the game is running really slowly. I rarely had any performance issues with the flash version, but now my laptop can barely handle the game. My battery gets drained really quickly, it strains my memory and CPU a lot

I don't know what it is, since in S4 this never used to be such a problem, but recently it just runs awful. Nothing else runs this badly on my pc. I don't know if it's because I'm using Chrome, or if the quality is just asking too much of my laptop, but it just does not play well.

Anyone else also have this particular issue?
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:25 pm

Yemac wrote:
Ascender wrote:

In general the game is running really slowly. I rarely had any performance issues with the flash version, but now my laptop can barely handle the game. My battery gets drained really quickly, it strains my memory and CPU a lot

I don't know what it is, since in S4 this never used to be such a problem, but recently it just runs awful. Nothing else runs this badly on my pc. I don't know if it's because I'm using Chrome, or if the quality is just asking too much of my laptop, but it just does not play well.

its the exact opposite to me, so i dont really know what to say
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby dolphina » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:56 pm

Ascender wrote:
Yemac wrote:
Ascender wrote:

yeah i’ve been having less buggy experiences as of late

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:06 pm

dolphina wrote:
Ascender wrote:
Yemac wrote:
Ascender wrote:

yeah i’ve been having less buggy experiences as of late

i assume its because tos is more stable now
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:21 pm

It's less buggy, but the performance itself seems to have dropped for me. Maybe it's just client-side for me, and not server-side then
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:26 pm

Yemac wrote:It's less buggy, but the performance itself seems to have dropped for me. Maybe it's just client-side for me, and not server-side then

i think unity is more demanding
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:55 pm

Descender wrote:
Yemac wrote:It's less buggy, but the performance itself seems to have dropped for me. Maybe it's just client-side for me, and not server-side then

Hm. I really hope the devs are thinking of adding something of a "high/medium/low quality" option. Of course there are more important issues to address and I'm not the only player that wants something, but performancewise I would prefer if there were some more options.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Descender » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:08 pm

Yemac wrote:
Descender wrote:

Hm. I really hope the devs are thinking of adding something of a "high/medium/low quality" option. Of course there are more important issues to address and I'm not the only player that wants something, but performancewise I would prefer if there were some more options.

i thought there already was one
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby Yemac » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:42 am

Descender wrote:
Yemac wrote:
Descender wrote:

i thought there already was one

You can only enable vSync, but that doesn't do enough for the performance sadly
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby Yemac » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:58 am

Is there any third-party program I can download that significantly lowers the quality of ToS? My computer can easily handle any other game, but with ToS it just laggs out with crazy and I can only have 1 tab open with no other programs running and my computer still can barely hold on. Also the battery dies super quickly. I don't have this with any other program.
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Return to Feedback