Yo Shape can you fix this up plz thx

Put any feedback about the game here.

Yo Shape can you fix this up plz thx

Postby Kelisidina » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:38 pm

I already made a suggestion about stalin and hitler and realized that the names were already blocked. I made a mistake and I apologized for that.

But why the hell is Osama Bin Laden a punishable IGN but not soft filtered in the name selection?

I believe in the trial discord server, someone had no idea who that person was. It is very easy for people like them [with no reading over the rules] to get in a game, some asshat says 'OSAMA BIN LADEN THEME?' and write 'Bin Laden' as a name.

One more thing --> Joseph Kony is for some reason, not an inappropriate IGN. If y'all are fine with guiltying IGNs that resemble leaders of hate groups, this guy also needs to be taken care of.

For those of you who do not know who Kony was, I advise you to read the Wikipedia page. The summary was that he has been accused [with substantial evidence!] of being the head of an organization who abduct children from villages in Africa to be used for things that I DEFINITELY KNOW Achilles has zero tolerance for.

So, yeah, bottom line. Devs --> please fix this. Saves a bunch of people from getting suspended from the game they love.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Yo Shape can you fix this up plz thx

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:11 pm

Kelisidina wrote:I already made a suggestion about stalin and hitler and realized that the names were already blocked. I made a mistake and I apologized for that.

But why the hell is Osama Bin Laden a punishable IGN but not soft filtered in the name selection?

I believe in the trial discord server, someone had no idea who that person was. It is very easy for people like them [with no reading over the rules] to get in a game, some asshat says 'OSAMA BIN LADEN THEME?' and write 'Bin Laden' as a name.

One more thing --> Joseph Kony is for some reason, not an inappropriate IGN. If y'all are fine with guiltying IGNs that resemble leaders of hate groups, this guy also needs to be taken care of.

For those of you who do not know who Kony was, I advise you to read the Wikipedia page. The summary was that he has been accused [with substantial evidence!] of being the head of an organization who abduct children from villages in Africa to be used for things that I DEFINITELY KNOW Achilles has zero tolerance for.

So, yeah, bottom line. Devs --> please fix this. Saves a bunch of people from getting suspended from the game they love.

Yeah it should've been soft-filtered. Also, I'm pretty sure the guy you're referring to is me, since I was the one who asked why it was guilty in the trials discord server. I did read over the rules, but nowhere in the IGN guide was it listed as a bannable name, so I was pretty confused when it was deemed guilty.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:27 am

Common sense is a thing.... I mean theres hundreds of names they would have to add, if thats the case.... Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, Ghengis Khan, Julius Ceaser (oh wait, thats a white warlord who invented our political system...guess hes ok), Christopher Colombus, Tao Tsun.....if its genocides youre reffering to. May as well add Mussolini, Castro, Gadaffi, Asad to the list if youre referring to dictators..... not to mention adding new ones everytime theres a shooting in the US (or less frequently, anywhere else in the world). Or if its modern day warlords youre talking about, theyll have to add George Bush, dick cheney, hilary clinton, barack obama....

As for Kony, what is happening in Africa has been going on for a long time before he was ever leader, and is probably still going on now that hes not. Achillies will have to study the history of many African clans if he wants to hard filter the names of all of their leaders since 1900

Unfortunately OreCreeper doesnt have the sense to not use a global terrorists's name as an IGN, so that explains his confusion.

TL:DR - just report and move on. Let the noob learn from their suspension.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:24 am

kyuss420 wrote:Common sense is a thing.... I mean theres hundreds of names they would have to add, if thats the case.... Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, Ghengis Khan, Julius Ceaser (oh wait, thats a white warlord who invented our political system...guess hes ok), Christopher Colombus, Tao Tsun.....if its genocides youre reffering to. May as well add Mussolini, Castro, Gadaffi, Asad to the list if youre referring to dictators..... not to mention adding new ones everytime theres a shooting in the US (or less frequently, anywhere else in the world). Or if its modern day warlords youre talking about, theyll have to add George Bush, dick cheney, hilary clinton, barack obama....

As for Kony, what is happening in Africa has been going on for a long time before he was ever leader, and is probably still going on now that hes not. Achillies will have to study the history of many African clans if he wants to hard filter the names of all of their leaders since 1900

Unfortunately OreCreeper doesnt have the sense to not use a global terrorists's name as an IGN, so that explains his confusion.

It wasn't me who used it, I saw the IGN when going through reports, and I voted innocent on it because I didn't know what the name meant and I didn't feel like looking it up. Also at the very least it should be in the IGN guide as guilty so people know it's a bannable name. Before like a few weeks ago, I legit had no clue who Osama Bin Laden was.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Flavorable » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:00 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:Common sense is a thing.... I mean theres hundreds of names they would have to add, if thats the case.... Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, Ghengis Khan, Julius Ceaser (oh wait, thats a white warlord who invented our political system...guess hes ok), Christopher Colombus, Tao Tsun.....if its genocides youre reffering to. May as well add Mussolini, Castro, Gadaffi, Asad to the list if youre referring to dictators..... not to mention adding new ones everytime theres a shooting in the US (or less frequently, anywhere else in the world). Or if its modern day warlords youre talking about, theyll have to add George Bush, dick cheney, hilary clinton, barack obama....

It wasn't me who used it, I saw the IGN when going through reports, and I voted innocent on it because I didn't know what the name meant and I didn't feel like looking it up. Also at the very least it should be in the IGN guide as guilty so people know it's a bannable name. Before like a few weeks ago, I legit had no clue who Osama Bin Laden was.

Although there are veeeeeeery few people in the world that don't know who Osama Bin Laden is, if you feel there is something missing in the IG Guide, you can put a Suggestion in said IG Guide and chances are it'll get added. That's why the option is there to suggest things.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:39 pm

The filter is meant as a deterrent, and will never be perfect. We do update it more stuff as necessary, but not everything offensive will always be in there. Don't be edgy, and you won't be banned is a simply way to not lose an account.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:15 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:The filter is meant as a deterrent, and will never be perfect. We do update it more stuff as necessary, but not everything offensive will always be in there. Don't be edgy, and you won't be banned is a simply way to not lose an account.

Can you at least add the name into the IGN guide? Or anyone who has permission to do so? Not every juror knows who Osama Bin Laden is.

Also @Flavorable, there may not be that many people who don't know who he is, but he certainly isn't as well known as Hitler or Stalin and those two are in the IGN guide so it would be fair to add Bin Laden in as well.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Kelisidina » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:34 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:The filter is meant as a deterrent, and will never be perfect. We do update it more stuff as necessary, but not everything offensive will always be in there. Don't be edgy, and you won't be banned is a simply way to not lose an account.

The problem is that [at least imo] many people who haven't done a report in their tos career [or even SEE the inappropriate IGN guide, but that's another rant] think that as long as your IGN doesn't have anything menacing, names of bad leaders isn't reportable. 'Jew Killer? Fuck the Jews? Yeah, that's an inappropriate IGN. But Adolf Hitler? I'm just saying a name.' Y'all can tell me that they should've been smarter, but a quick trip to the appeals section and a quick tb>sci Osama Bin Laden on discord can show that many people make this mistake and get punished for it.

I still think Joseph Kony should be considered an inappropriate IGN. It sucks that he's not as remembered as Hitler or Stalin [mainly because he wasn't the leader of a major, non- third world country]
Flavorable wrote: Although there are veeeeeeery few people in the world that don't know who Osama Bin Laden is, if you feel there is something missing in the IG Guide, you can put a Suggestion in said IG Guide and chances are it'll get added. That's why the option is there to suggest things.

Where is that?
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:27 pm

Yeah, those people will be rightfully suspended then. Again, don't be edgy, or you risk your account. Just because game allows you to do something, doesn't mean it isn't against the rules. You can type all of your mafias names into chat to gamethrow, doesn't make it not gamethrowing.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Return to Feedback