Ranked Practice is borderline unplayable

Put any feedback about the game here.

Ranked Practice is borderline unplayable

Postby GBoaty » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Having to do 50 practice games to get into ranked makes sense in theory but the Ranked Practice playlist is garbage. There's no punishment for leaving (outside of being reported, which if you're reporting everyone who leaves, takes forever) so people just leave the game as soon as they get a role they dont like, usually NE or Maf.

IN the game Im playing as I type this, Im mafioso and GF, witch and Exe all left the game D1. This happens literally every single game. It's not fun to play, and Im just grinding out 50 games to get into Ranked, with no motivation to actually try and win the game at hand because it just comes down to a crapshoot of "how many people are gonna abandon the game and what faction are they in".

Put in a punishment for abandoning games, if there isn't one already (I wouldn't know because I havent abandoned a game). If there is one then it's clearly not working as a deterrent. This mode really, really sucks as it stands and is completely killing my desire to play the 50 games needed to leave this mess of a queue.
GBoaty

Re: Ranked Practice is borderline unplayable

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:39 pm

The same can be said for all modes, not just Ranked Practice.

Currently you can only be punished for leaving in two cirucmstances, as there's no way to tell a leave from a disconnection;
A.) You admit to leaving in-game.
B.) You're leaving and causing yourself to get reported an egregious amount of times.

The Devs are still working on a proper leave-buster, as the previous one failed in comparison to our needs in order to punish such a problem, however there's no word on when they'll have it ready for release.

Cheers.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OreCreeper » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:58 pm

GBoaty wrote:Having to do 50 practice games to get into ranked makes sense in theory but the Ranked Practice playlist is garbage. There's no punishment for leaving (outside of being reported, which if you're reporting everyone who leaves, takes forever) so people just leave the game as soon as they get a role they dont like, usually NE or Maf.

IN the game Im playing as I type this, Im mafioso and GF, witch and Exe all left the game D1. This happens literally every single game. It's not fun to play, and Im just grinding out 50 games to get into Ranked, with no motivation to actually try and win the game at hand because it just comes down to a crapshoot of "how many people are gonna abandon the game and what faction are they in".

Put in a punishment for abandoning games, if there isn't one already (I wouldn't know because I havent abandoned a game). If there is one then it's clearly not working as a deterrent. This mode really, really sucks as it stands and is completely killing my desire to play the 50 games needed to leave this mess of a queue.

So you're basically assuming (with no proof) that all of these people left intentionally, and didn't just dc.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:00 pm

Isn't the requirement to have played 50 games total, with 10 of them being RP games, not to have 50 RP games played?

Just get the 10 RP games and do the other 40 in All Any or another mode where leavers and trolls aren't as big of an issue.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:59 am

Ezradekezra wrote:Isn't the requirement to have played 50 games total, with 10 of them being RP games, not to have 50 RP games played?

Just get the 10 RP games and do the other 40 in All Any or another mode where leavers and trolls aren't as big of an issue.

That is correct as far as i can remember... only 10 RP games needed + 40 games of whatever mode you like.

Dont worry tho, noobs who leave as maf/NE, will never learn to maf/NE. so in the current season they will never get passed silver rank. The new list is kind of balanced so that the smarter faction can win, so getting carried as town wont happen as much as last season.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby GBoaty » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:19 am

OreCreeper wrote:
GBoaty wrote:Having to do 50 practice games to get into ranked makes sense in theory but the Ranked Practice playlist is garbage. There's no punishment for leaving (outside of being reported, which if you're reporting everyone who leaves, takes forever) so people just leave the game as soon as they get a role they dont like, usually NE or Maf.

So you're basically assuming (with no proof) that all of these people left intentionally, and didn't just dc.

Yes, why wouldnt I? When the game starts and 3 people leave and they're all evil, every single game, you can't actually expect me to believe that all or even most of those are honest disconnects.

This isnt even touching on the other types of throwing. The amount of people I've seen just outing their maf mates D1 purposefully is unreal. Of course I report these people, but honestly I shouldn't need to be filing 3-4 reports every single game just to try and moderate my own experience.

LevinSnakesRise wrote:The same can be said for all modes, not just Ranked Practice.

Currently you can only be punished for leaving in two cirucmstances, as there's no way to tell a leave from a disconnection;
A.) You admit to leaving in-game.
B.) You're leaving and causing yourself to get reported an egregious amount of times.

The Devs are still working on a proper leave-buster, as the previous one failed in comparison to our needs in order to punish such a problem, however there's no word on when they'll have it ready for release.

Cheers.

Surely a simple time-out after leaving a game is better than nothing, no? Anyone who genuinely disconnected wont be bothered by a 15 minute timer before they can queue again.

And yes, I dont need to play Ranked Practice, I can play other modes, but the other modes are nowhere near as populated and the role list just isnt as fun. Saying "Well you choose to play this garbage mode" is borderline victim blaming tbh.
GBoaty

Postby Kelisidina » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:00 am

Ezradekezra wrote:Isn't the requirement to have played 50 games total, with 10 of them being RP games, not to have 50 RP games played?

There's bound to be leavers in every gamemode. The only gamemode where there's almost no leavers is ranked, which is interesting cuz that's the ONLY gamemode where you severely lose something valuable when leaving any games alive, disconnect or no disconnect.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby GBoaty » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 am

At the time of this post, I have submitted 3 reports today alone against people outing their Maf teammates D1. The people who do this are so brazen about it that they clearly dont fear any kind of ban.

Here's a screenshot from a game I just had - https://imgur.com/a/0IpCYe4

The Ambusher was lynched D2 and the LO was killed by maf N2. The other 6 are leavers. If people wanna sit here and tell me Im "assuming without proof" that they quit and didnt DC then I've got a bridge to sell you. This is every game.

It honestly doesnt feel like Im playing the game, it feels like Im waiting for 50 games to pass so I can play the actual game.
GBoaty

Postby OreCreeper » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:22 am

GBoaty wrote:At the time of this post, I have submitted 3 reports today alone against people outing their Maf teammates D1. The people who do this are so brazen about it that they clearly dont fear any kind of ban.

The Ambusher was lynched D2 and the LO was killed by maf N2. The other 6 are leavers. If people wanna sit here and tell me Im "assuming without proof" that they quit and didnt DC then I've got a bridge to sell you. This is every game.

It honestly doesnt feel like Im playing the game, it feels like Im waiting for 50 games to pass so I can play the actual game.

Well from that screenshot it looks like the jailor most likely disconnected unintentionally, probably before the naming phase as he doesn't have a name. Everyone else, I'm not really sure, but tbf roles like medium and BG are pretty boring, but the thing is you can't do anything about it unless they admit to leaving on purpose because there's no other way to tell the difference between an intentional disconnection and an unintentional one.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby GBoaty » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:40 am

OreCreeper wrote:
GBoaty wrote:At the time of this post, I have submitted 3 reports today alone against people outing their Maf teammates D1. The people who do this are so brazen about it that they clearly dont fear any kind of ban.

Well from that screenshot it looks like the jailor most likely disconnected unintentionally, probably before the naming phase as he doesn't have a name. Everyone else, I'm not really sure, but tbf roles like medium and BG are pretty boring, but the thing is you can't do anything about it unless they admit to leaving on purpose because there's no other way to tell the difference between an intentional disconnection and an unintentional one.

No he left just before D1 ended.

Implementing a time out for queuing if you DC would help a bunch. People who genuinely DC every once in a while (because lets be honest, it doesnt happen that often and if it does then you should sort our your internet issues before playing) aren't going to be majorly affected by waiting 15 mins or so to queue after DCing. But the people who intentionally leave any time they get a role they dont want will be punished for doing so because they're likely doing it regularly.

Im currently on game 41/50 for placements. After game 7, I started keeping a track of how many people leave each game. Out of those 34 games I kept track of, 31 had at least 1 evil leave D1 or D2. 15 of those had at least 1 town leave D1 or D2. Of those 34 games, I've also reported 8 players for outing all their mafia teammates D1.

I have hundreds of Ranked games played on other accounts, this doesn't happen in the regular ranked queue even a fraction of the amount. It's specifically a problem here because there's no seemingly no punishment for leaving or throwing.
GBoaty

Postby Krizalid » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:55 pm

I agree. RP is full of sheet at this point.

I dont know why people always force themselves to disagree with the OP all the time.
Krizalid
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:09 am

Krizalid wrote:I agree. RP is full of sheet at this point.

I dont know why people always force themselves to disagree with the OP all the time.

I never said it wasnt shit.... I just said he didnt HAVE to play 50 games of it to get into ranked
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Feedback