Fake Jurors

Put any feedback about the game here.

Fake Jurors

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Hey,

Just a heads up that there are people pretending to be jurors in order to deter reports from people they happen to be friendly with.

Most recent in game username I seen was Raven. Spreading FUD about the rule to discourage reports.

I didnt report them at the time, but check my last 5 games to see what I mean.

Thanks

I would like to reference this entirely separate report viewtopic.php?f=40&t=114582

The person quoted immediatetly above says that more than 5 times is spamming, however the user I reported says more than SIX times are spamming. So pretty sure the person I reported is faking shit to deter reports from their mates
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Re: Fake Jurors

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Incase my feedback is unclear, its "stop letting people say they are basically members of staff when they are not".

The user I have referenced tried hard to leverage "their position" to stop people filing reports against someone they were clearly friendly with.
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:02 pm

I read through the spamming report you mentioned multiple times and at no point did Raven spread any misinformation about how many times a message has to be sent before it can be guiltied for spamming. Additionally, I didn't see anyone else talk about this either (not even the two people who seem to be friends with each other), so you must have directed everyone to the wrong report. Can you link the exact report instead of just the appeals thread?

Also, Jurors aren't staff members. Anyone can be a juror as long as they've met the requirements to use the trial system.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:14 pm

I mean, they clearly did spread misinformation if they said "it's not spamming if it's posted less than 6 times" and I posted an example of someone else being banned for posting something 5 times

Ezradekezra wrote:
Also, Jurors aren't staff members. Anyone can be a juror as long as they've met the requirements to use the trial system.

That's the point, either yall arent vetting hard enough or the people you've vetted are abusing their power. The point is theres 100% undeinable proof of someone claiming to be a juror and spreading misinformation. Either they're a juror who is spreading misinformation to reduce reports on their mates, or they're someone pretending to be a juror to reduce reports on their mates.

Greetings,

the spamming report as guiltied, as you used the same message at least 5 times on day 3, which is what's currently defined as spamming.

So is it 5 or is it 6 times? Because if it's 5, then I dont see how you dont understand my post. If it's 6, then the mod/admin I direcly quoted is spreading misinformation on the forums.

Ive refence two people, one in game "juror claimer" and one actual forum mod siting 2 different tolerances for the same rule. One of these has to be wrong, and my assumption would be it's the in game juror claim that's wrong, no?
Last edited by McGreevious14 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:24 pm

McGreevious14 wrote:I mean, they clearly did spread misinformation if they said "it's not spamming if it's posted less than 6 times" and I posted an example of someone else being banned for posting something 5 times.

But nobody ever said that

You claimed that Raven was spreading misinformation to discourage reports, presumably in the Spamming report from the Appeal you linked, but they never said anything related to that. If anything, you're inciting false reports which is bannable.

You also haven't considered the possibility that whoever you saw saying this just misremembered the number.

McGreevious14 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:Also, Jurors aren't staff members. Anyone can be a juror as long as they've met the requirements to use the trial system.

That's the point, either yall arent vetting hard enough or the people you've vetted are abusing their power. The point is theres 100% undeinable proof of someone claiming to be a juror and spreading misinformation. Either they're a juror who is spreading misinformation to reduce reports on their mates, or they're someone pretending to be a juror to reduce reports on their mates.

I've yet to see this "100% undeniable proof". All you've directed me to is Jerme stating what the threshold for spamming is and a report where nobody actually spreads any misinformation.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:29 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
McGreevious14 wrote:I mean, they clearly did spread misinformation if they said "it's not spamming if it's posted less than 6 times" and I posted an example of someone else being banned for posting something 5 times.

But nobody ever said that

You claimed that Raven was spreading misinformation to discourage reports, presumably in the Spamming report from the Appeal you linked, but they never said anything related to that. If anything, you're inciting false reports which is bannable.

You also haven't considered the possibility that whoever you saw saying this just misremembered the number.

McGreevious14 wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:Also, Jurors aren't staff members. Anyone can be a juror as long as they've met the requirements to use the trial system.

I've yet to see this "100% undeniable proof". All you've directed me to is Jerme stating what the threshold for spamming is and a report where nobody actually spreads any misinformation.

"but nobody ever said that"

false. Look at the game Im referring to and you'll see that the user Im specifically calling out said exactly that. They specifically said, on several occasions, that if a post wasnt posted 6 times (SIX) then it's not spamming. The IGN Raven SAID THAT SPECIFICALLY

So there are two options. Either the IGN RAVEN is not a juror and is impersonating to deter reports on their friends, or Jerme as I quoted is lying when he said posting the same post 5 times counts as spam.

Both Jerme and IGN Raven cannot be correct. Either Jerme, as an actual forum mod is wrong, or Raven is lying in game to deter reports. There are literally no other options than those two.

Either its spam if its posted 5 times, or its spam if its posted 6 times. Ether way, someone is wrong, either your forum mod or some rando claiming in game to be a juror to deter reports. Which do you think is more likely?
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Here's all of Raven's messages as well as all whispers involving them:

Spoiler: Raven: -------------PURP GAME
Raven: CHIIIIIIII
Raven: CHIIIIIIIII «3
Raven: CHICHICHICHICHICHI
Raven: CHI AU LATER?
Raven: Purp: Tp on Raven Lo on Chi and trans on me
Raven to Purp: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)--Spy/Bmer/Jailor
Purp to Raven: hmmm oke
Raven: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)--Spy/Bmer/Jailor
Raven: ty chi
Raven: the only person paying attention
Raven: lmao
Raven to Purp: mayor is so dumb
Purp to Raven: agreed
Raven to Purp: I had him in my last game, he is so trash
Purp to Raven: i think 13 is witch this is inno D:
Raven: INNO 13 IS WITCH
Raven: inno get 13
Raven: 13 is witch
Raven to Purp: N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe
Raven to Simp One: N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe
Purp to Raven: lol so 13 is exe
Raven to Simp One: 13 is your exe
Raven: N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe 13 IS EXE
Raven: 13 up
Raven: 13 IS EXE
William Hobbs to Raven: ill check 15, u can check 7 if u want
Raven: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)-->Spy/Bmer/Jailor N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe BYE BYE EXE
Raven: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)-->Spy/Bmer/Jailor N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe
Raven: GUILTY
Raven: mayor dont be an idiot
Raven: GFUILTY
Raven: guilty this
Raven: guilty this rn
Raven: DONT BE IDIOTS
Raven: this is exe
Raven: SUCK IT MAYOR BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Raven: mayor is so bad
Raven: lmaooooo
Raven: 12 IS TRASHHH
Raven to Purp: hello gf
Purp to Raven: ....
Raven to Purp: im lo
Raven to Purp: :)))))
Raven: PURP IS THE GF LMAOOOOOOOOO
Raven: N3-Purp(15)-->BG/GF
Raven: BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Raven: wasnt on mayor
Raven: bye bye 15
Raven: HANG 15
Raven: cyaaa
Raven: EZ
Raven: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)-->Spy/Bmer/Jailor N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe N3-Purp(15)-->BG/GF TI:Me(INVEST) TI: TP:Simp(BG) TK; TS
Raven: :A(MAYOR) RT: RT: RT: CLAIMS: 1(med),2(sheriff),4(vig),5,6(med) 7(sheriff),8(tp) 14(ret),15
Raven: eZZZZ
Raven: 15 is gf
Raven: LMAOOO
Raven: BYEEEE 15
Raven: 15 UP
Raven: I am confirmed lo
Raven: BYE BYE 15
Raven: N3-A(12) (VB) Purp(15)
Raven: ALL GUILTY
Raven: all guilty
Raven: this is GF
Raven: I am the LO
Raven: thois is fake
Raven: guiolty this
Raven: GUILTY this
Raven: IDIOTS
Raven: UP 15
Raven: yall are on some fucking crack
Raven: I am the confirmed invest
Raven: lmmaooooo
Raven: I GOT EXE
Raven: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)-->Spy/Bmer/Jailor N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe N3-Purp(15)-->BG/GF TI:Me(INVEST) TI: TP:Simp(BG) TK; TS
Raven: :A(MAYOR) RT: RT: RT: CLAIMS: 1(med),2(sheriff),4(vig),5,6(med) 7(sheriff),8(tp) 14(ret),15
Raven: but sure
Raven: I AM CONFIRMED
Raven: 15 is not vet
Raven: DONT PROLONG THIS
Raven: 15 is GF
Raven: I fucking hate you 15
Raven: THANKS MEDS
Raven: you guys ARE INCREDIBLE
Raven: idiots
Raven: this town
Raven: imagine not voting up confirmed evil after you lynched me LMAOOOO YOU SUCK SO BAD PLEASE UNINSTALL 4

You will notice that Raven never mentions anything regarding the threshold for spamming.

Stop lying. At this point it's targeted harassment.

Also, I just realized that being a juror has literally nothing to do with this. Anyone can read the rules regardless of whether or not they're a juror, and anyone can report another player.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:47 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:Here's all of Raven's messages as well as all whispers involving them:

Raven: -------------PURP GAME
Raven: CHIIIIIIII
Raven: CHIIIIIIIII «3
Raven: CHICHICHICHICHICHI
Raven: CHI AU LATER?
Raven: Purp: Tp on Raven Lo on Chi and trans on me
Raven to Purp: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)--Spy/Bmer/Jailor
Purp to Raven: hmmm oke
Raven: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)--Spy/Bmer/Jailor
Raven: ty chi
Raven: the only person paying attention
Raven: lmao
Raven to Purp: mayor is so dumb
Purp to Raven: agreed
Raven to Purp: I had him in my last game, he is so trash
Purp to Raven: i think 13 is witch this is inno D:
Raven: INNO 13 IS WITCH
Raven: inno get 13
Raven: 13 is witch
Raven to Purp: N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe
Raven to Simp One: N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe
Purp to Raven: lol so 13 is exe
Raven to Simp One: 13 is your exe
Raven: N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe 13 IS EXE
Raven: 13 up
Raven: 13 IS EXE
William Hobbs to Raven: ill check 15, u can check 7 if u want
Raven: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)-->Spy/Bmer/Jailor N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe BYE BYE EXE
Raven: Raven the INVEST N1-Carbon(10)-->Spy/Bmer/Jailor N2-Owl(13)-->Sheriff/Exe
Raven: mayor dont be an idiot
Raven: GFUILTY
Raven: guilty this
Raven: DONT BE IDIOTS
Raven: this is exe
Raven: SUCK IT MAYOR BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Raven: mayor is so bad
Raven: lmaooooo
Raven: 12 IS TRASHHH
Raven to Purp: hello gf
Purp to Raven: ....
Raven to Purp: im lo
Raven to Purp: :)))))
Raven: PURP IS THE GF LMAOOOOOOOOO
Raven: BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Raven: wasnt on mayor
Raven: HANG 15
Raven: cyaaa
Raven: EZ
Raven: eZZZZ
Raven: LMAOOO
Raven: BYEEEE 15
Raven: 15 UP
Raven: I am confirmed lo
Raven: BYE BYE 15
Raven: ALL GUILTY
Raven: all guilty
Raven: this is GF
Raven: I am the LO
Raven: thois is fake
Raven: guiolty this
Raven: GUILTY this
Raven: IDIOTS
Raven: UP 15
Raven: yall are on some fucking crack
Raven: I am the confirmed invest
Raven: lmmaooooo
Raven: I GOT EXE
Raven: but sure
Raven: I AM CONFIRMED
Raven: 15 is not vet
Raven: DONT PROLONG THIS
Raven: 15 is GF
Raven: I fucking hate you 15
Raven: THANKS MEDS
Raven: you guys ARE INCREDIBLE
Raven: this town
Raven: imagine not voting up confirmed evil after you lynched me LMAOOOO YOU SUCK SO BAD PLEASE UNINSTALL 4
You will notice that Raven never mentions anything regarding the threshold for spamming.

Stop lying. At this point it's targeted harassment.

Also, I just realized that being a juror has literally nothing to do with this. Anyone can read the rules regardless of whether or not they're a juror, and anyone can report another player.

First of all, from what game? Because they're clearly not the game I was talking about. Look at my last 5 games, and you'll see what Im talking about. Im not lying, and if you continue to say I am then I'd have to say that you are Raven because acutual mods with actual access to all IGN messages would see what Im talking about. Like, I know its in. your SQL DB. Literally search for it, it's there.

If youd read what I said, youd know know what went down. You say:
"Anyone can read the rules regardless of whether or not they're a juror"
I mean, the fact that you wrote this shows that you didnt actually read the interatctions between me and Raven because I LITERALLLY said the same to them, and their response was to spout ahit like "well when youre a juror you get special rules that says 6 times is spamming"

Like come one, what Im saying is literally in your DB. This is the easiest thing to prove.

How is it targeted harassment if Im only mentioning their in game tag? If I was actually targetting somoene Id use their actual username. Like, not to be a dick but you could easily find the in game messages Im referring to quite easily if you wanted to. They said, on at least 3 occasions, that someone had to post the same message "6" (SIX) times for it to be counted as spam, while here we have an forum moderator saying that 5 times is spam.

One of these is wrong, who is it? The forum mod or the in game rando pretending to be a juror?

Edit: OMG are you Raven? That would explain it all
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:58 pm

McGreevious14 wrote:First of all, from what game? Because they're clearly not the game I was talking about. Look at my last 5 games, and you'll see what Im talking about. Im not lying, and if you continue to say I am then I'd have to say that you are Raven because acutual mods with actual access to all IGN messages would see what Im talking about. Like, I know its in. your SQL DB. Literally search for it, it's there.

Oh, it's from another game, and not the spamming report in the thread you linked. How convenient. Even more so that you didn't think to take a screenshot.

Also, I don't think there's a way to search through a player's last few games. At least, most users don't have a way to.

McGreevious14 wrote:How is it targeted harassment if Im only mentioning their in game tag? If I was actually targetting somoene Id use their actual username. Like, not to be a dick but you could easily find the in game messages Im referring to quite easily if you wanted to. They said, on at least 3 occasions, that someone had to post the same message "6" (SIX) times for it to be counted as spam, while here we have an forum moderator saying that 5 times is spam.

Just because you referred to them by their IGN doesn't mean it isn't targeted harassment

If it's so easy to find the messages then link the damn report instead of misdirecting everyone to another report.

McGreevious14 wrote:One of these is wrong, who is it? The forum mod or the in game rando pretending to be a juror?

You've yet to produce any physical evidence other than Jerme saying that saying the same thing 5 times is spam. Nothing from what you've said even indicates that Raven was pretending to be a juror.

At most, Raven just misremembered the rules and said 6 instead of 5. Big deal.

McGreevious14 wrote:Edit: OMG are you Raven? That would explain it all

If you took 30 seconds to actually read the report you would realize that I'm not
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:04 pm

Oh, it's from another game, and not the spamming report in the thread you linked. How convenient. Even more so that you didn't think to take a screenshot.

This is how I know youre being obtuse. I never said that the thread I linked was the one I was reporting. Infact I specifically said it wasnt. Weird that you're still trying to push that narrative, but not that weird if you are Raven as I suggested.
Also, I don't think there's a way to search through a player's last few games. At least, most users don't have a way to.
Correct, most users dont, and shouldnt, have access to that. But people in power do and can easily see what Im talking about if they care to look. The person Im referring to either has that power or they dont. Can you confirm which?

Just because you referred to them by their IGN doesn't mean it isn't targeted harassment

If it's so easy to find the messages then link the damn report instead of misdirecting everyone to another report.

Where am I misdireding everyone? I said in my very first post that I didnt file a report, but that this should be considered my report. Please directly quote where I misdirected anyone

At most, Raven just misremembered the rules and said 6 instead of 5. Big deal.

Thank you for confirming what I said. So is Raven an actual Juror or not? Because the situation is either:
1. They are and they got the rules wrong and Im in the right for highligting it
or
2. Theyre not and they not and youre defending someone pretending to be an approved poseter, or whatever the behind the scenes term is

Which is it? Beacuse either way, im not in the wrong. If they're "mis rememnering" then that should still be reportable because theyre not enforcing the correct rules.
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:31 pm

A few things:
- I may have misread the OP a bit and missed the part where you said the spamming report wasn't from the same game. It's still a bit weird that of all the threads you decided to link, it was the one with a spamming report from a game with Raven in it. Why didn't you just quote the rules directly?
- This belongs in the Report Players subforum and not the Feedback one. why does nobody read the name of each subforum before posting?
- YOU DO NOT BE A JUROR TO KNOW WHAT THE RULES ARE.

McGreevious14 wrote:So is Raven an actual Juror or not? Because the situation is either:
or
2. Theyre not and they not and youre defending someone pretending to be an approved poseter, or whatever the behind the scenes term is

Which is it? Beacuse either way, im not in the wrong.

The former isn't even close to a rulebreak and the latter is impossible because as far as I can tell they meet the requirements to be a juror so they wouldn't be lying to say that they are (not that it matters since jurors aren't BMG staff so it wouldn't be a rulebreak either)

McGreevious14 wrote:If they're "mis rememnering" then that should still be reportable because theyre not enforcing the correct rules.

do i even need to explain how bad of an idea it would be for that to be reportable
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:47 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:A few things:
- I may have misread the OP a bit and missed the part where you said the spamming report wasn't from the same game. It's still a bit weird that of all the threads you decided to link, it was the one with a spamming report from a game with Raven in it. Why didn't you just quote the rules directly?
- This belongs in the Report Players subforum and not the Feedback one. why does nobody read the name of each subforum before posting?
- YOU DO NOT BE A JUROR TO KNOW WHAT THE RULES ARE.

McGreevious14 wrote:So is Raven an actual Juror or not? Because the situation is either:
or

Which is it? Beacuse either way, im not in the wrong.

The former isn't even close to a rulebreak and the latter is impossible because as far as I can tell they meet the requirements to be a juror so they wouldn't be lying to say that they are (not that it matters since jurors aren't BMG staff so it wouldn't be a rulebreak either)

McGreevious14 wrote:If they're "mis rememnering" then that should still be reportable because theyre not enforcing the correct rules.

do i even need to explain how bad of an idea it would be for that to be reportable

I legit dont know whats so difficult about what Im reporting, but I'll break it down

A USER (ign RAVEN) claimed to be a juror and that that my report against another user for spamming would go un actioned. Anyone with access to in game chats can see the context of this and see that they were very clearly trying to disparage reports against a specific player. If you have actually looked at the posts Im talking about and dont see that, then thats very embarrassing for you as someone who is clearly trying to assume a role of authority here.

THEIR REASON, which anyone with access to in game chat can clearly see, is that it's not spamming if its posted less than 6 times.

So I referredhttps://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=114582#p3569940 To this post on your site, where a forum moderator is 100% contradicting what an in game poser is sayihg. Like, what are you defending here? Ive literally shown (to anyone of importance with actual access to chats) that someone in game is spreading misinformation about what the rules are. This person is wrong, whether they aren staff or not. What they said in game is 100% contradicted by stadff on the forums.

Either YOU are raven, or your being obtuse for the sake of it because nothing I have said is complicated. My complaint is someone in game is posing as someone with power on the communty and there are 2 possibilities

1: This is a legit person in power and their understanding of the rules is wrong
or
2: It's someone PRETENDING to be a person in power to reduce reports on their friends

Which is it and why are you defending them so hard? How am I wrong in either case?

I legit dont understand what you're defending here. A user in game claimed to be a juror and said that "its not spam if its posted less than 6 times" yet Ive linked to a post on this very forum where someone was banned for posting something less than 6 times. What have I said or reported that is incorrect?
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby Ezradekezra » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:09 pm

I'm just gonna wait for a mod to comment because there's clearly no getting through to you.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:I'm just gonna wait for a mod to comment because there's clearly no getting through to you.

I opened this thread because I can demonstrate that there is at least one played posing as a juror to reduce reports against another player. Again, if you have the ability to view in game chats then you can literally see this. You can literally see them telling people not to report this other player because "I am a juror and the reports will be innod"

What am I not getting exactly? Literally nothing I've said is opinion based. Anyone with the ability to view the chats of the games I've talked about can see explicitly what Im referring to. Its really not a matter of opinion, Im reporting an in game user who is claiming to be a member or authority but not enforcing the same rules that forum moderators are enforcing. Everything Im saying is verifiable by anyone able to view ingame chat. I dont understand at all what you're hoping would "get through to you (me)" when Im reporting another player for either falsely impersonating a member of the moderation team, or im reporting a member of the moderation team who is enforcing the wrong rules.

What have I said that is incorrect here?

I dont know who you are, but your first response to my complaint was to pull chats from an entirely different game than the one I was reporting to defend this user, so I have to assume you have some sort of relationship with then? If not, its very very weird for your immediate response to be to defended the accused when all my chats with them are literally there in the DB, accessible and easily viewable.
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby cob709 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:29 pm

You may report this user for Impersonating BMG Employee.

Although it is debatable whether or not Jurors can be considered to be a BMG Employee, it falls under category 2(TOS RULES)/3(JUROR GUIDE).
Both documents wrote:2/3. Asserting they are in any position of power.

A judge will make the final decision.
Last edited by cob709 on Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:36 pm

cob709 wrote:You may report this user for Impersonating BMG Employee.

Although it is debatable whether or not Jurors can be considered to be a BMG Employee, it falls under category 2(TOS RULES)/3(JUROR GUIDE).

That was kind of my point. Someone claiming to be a Juror doesnt fall under that definition, but there are still only 2 possible outcomes

1: They are a juror and are telling people in game rules that differ from what is being enforced here in the forums as Ive linked above
or
2: They are not a juror and are literally making shit up to reduce the number of reports against their mates (see in game chat for context)

Either way, I dont see how my report is invalid or why that other user is busting a nut trying to defend the person Im reporting, when anyone with the ability to view the game Im referring to can see exactly what Im talking about.
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby cob709 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:42 pm

McGreevious14 wrote: Spoiler:

That was kind of my point. Someone claiming to be a Juror doesnt fall under that definition, but there are still only 2 possible outcomes

1: They are a juror and are telling people in game rules that differ from what is being enforced here in the forums as Ive linked above
or
2: They are not a juror and are literally making shit up to reduce the number of reports against their mates (see in game chat for context)

Either way, I dont see how my report is invalid or why that other user is busting a nut trying to defend the person Im reporting, when anyone with the ability to view the game Im referring to can see exactly what Im talking about.

It is likely that Ezra was confused because you posted this in the Feedback subforum, instead of the Report Players subforum. Please make sure your posts are in the proper subforum.

In-game reports should be handled through the in-game report function and Trial System, not on the forums.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby McGreevious14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:43 pm

cob709 wrote:
McGreevious14 wrote:

or

It is likely that Ezra was confused because you posted this in the Feedback subforum, instead of the Report Players subforum. Please make sure your posts are in the proper subforum.

In-game reports should be handled through the in-game report function and Trial System, not on the forums.

It occured in game though, I just didnt use the in game reporting at the time. And I feel like my post falls under feedback, with that feedback being "Do more to stop people posing as members of staff/authority in game" I didnt even mention a specific user until my 4th post in the thread.
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby CapWarrior2 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:24 am

McGreevious14 wrote:It occured in game though, I just didnt use the in game reporting at the time. And I feel like my post falls under feedback, with that feedback being "Do more to stop people posing as members of staff/authority in game" I didnt even mention a specific user until my 4th post in the thread.

McGreevious14 wrote:Most recent in game username I seen was Raven. Spreading FUD about the rule to discourage reports.

This is from the OP (Original Post). Im pretty sure you will find that there is nothing you can really do against this, apart from trying to catch out on their lie if their spreading out mis-information, take screenshots (Just in-case) then report the player, IF what they are trying to converse is wrong.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Brilliand » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:48 am

The bar for becoming a Juror is very low, much like the bar for becoming a real life Juror in a real court. It's explicitly a role meant for ordinary people.

I'm pretty sure there is no rule against lying about what the rules are. However, there's also no rule against reporting people who didn't break a rule. When in doubt, just file a report; the jurors and judges will decide whether any punishment should be applied.

McGreevious14 wrote:
Correct, most users dont, and shouldnt, have access to that. But people in power do and can easily see what Im talking about if they care to look. The person Im referring to either has that power or they dont. Can you confirm which?

The trial system admins have indicated that if no report was filed during a game, then there is nothing they can do. If there is a way to view no-report games at all, then it's dev-exclusive. (My guess, though, is that those games are literally deleted as soon as they end, and the information is simply gone.)

However, if a report is filed (by at least two users, against the same person, for the same reason), then the game becomes public knowledge. I don't remember offhand how to do it, but there's a way that just anyone can load up a list of all games that had a report filed and go browsing.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:21 am

Yea, unless 2 reports on the same person has been filed, the game logs arent saved. Theres no way anyone can ''check the last 5 games'' you played unless someone was reported in all 5 of them.

On trialbot you can use tb>scu (name) and it will load up a list of all games that had a report filed, that had a player in the game with username matching the (name) supplied. Altho now therell probly be 4-5 pages of archived reports before an active report will be shown.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Flavorable » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:39 am

For reporting purposes, whether someone said something 5 times or 6 times is completely irrelevant. People will report if they feel certain behavior is against the rules.

Being a juror and being wrong about the rules happens. It's not something to be overly dramatic about, because in the end, every juror will vote whether or not THEY feel someone should get punished. We're not going to start punishing people for misremembering/misunderstanding or even not knowing the rules, unless they actually break them.

Impersonating a BMG employee does not apply here, since a juror is not a BMG employee. Jurors are just players like everyone else. They are not staff, and claiming you're a juror is not something that shows authority in any way, since literally everyone can become a juror. It's not something people are "vetted" for. Anyone with more than 151 games played can just start voting.

So all in all, to me, this post seems like a lot of drama about nothing.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby McGreevious14 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:20 am

Flavorable wrote:For reporting purposes, whether someone said something 5 times or 6 times is completely irrelevant. People will report if they feel certain behavior is against the rules.

Being a juror and being wrong about the rules happens. It's not something to be overly dramatic about, because in the end, every juror will vote whether or not THEY feel someone should get punished. We're not going to start punishing people for misremembering/misunderstanding or even not knowing the rules, unless they actually break them.

Impersonating a BMG employee does not apply here, since a juror is not a BMG employee. Jurors are just players like everyone else. They are not staff, and claiming you're a juror is not something that shows authority in any way, since literally everyone can become a juror. It's not something people are "vetted" for. Anyone with more than 151 games played can just start voting.

I dont see how people pretending to be in a position of power to deter other people from reporting rule breaks is drama about nothing tbh. Fair enough if yall cant check that stuff without reports being filed, but as it seems like there's no rule specifically about this Im not sure what I should have reported them as? Definitely seems like something that should be actionable but it doesnt fit into any of the current report categories.
McGreevious14
Jester
Jester

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:35 am

what flavorable said.

jurors arent in a position of power. anyone can be a juror. Think of them like Yelp critics..... ''Im a yelper'' doesnt get you any sway at a restaraunt....

jurors cant ''misvote'' on their friends, because majority rules, so a few inno votes wont really make a difference to the final guilty verdict..... and they will lose trial rating if theyre wrong. Also jurors dont see or get to judge reports for games that theyre in.

but its hard to get people to report cos someone posted their will 6 times, or said ''get 15'' 6 times in a single day phase. personally I wouldnt report it, especially if they were right about the guy..... what exactly was their friend spamming about?
Last edited by kyuss420 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Flavorable » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:54 am

McGreevious14 wrote:
Flavorable wrote:For reporting purposes, whether someone said something 5 times or 6 times is completely irrelevant. People will report if they feel certain behavior is against the rules.

I dont see how people pretending to be in a position of power to deter other people from reporting rule breaks is drama about nothing tbh. Fair enough if yall cant check that stuff without reports being filed, but as it seems like there's no rule specifically about this Im not sure what I should have reported them as? Definitely seems like something that should be actionable but it doesnt fit into any of the current report categories.

There is no "position of power" here. Jurors are not in a position of power. Jurors are players, players are jurors. It doesn't matter if people think x or y is not reportable. If enough people disagree, they will report anyway. And everyone is free to look up the rules for themselves, instead of blindly following what someone else says.

I think you're gravely overestimating what a juror is.

Just to clear up any confusion if there is any: It's not reportable/punishable/actionable to claim to be a juror and to say something isn't against the rules, even if they're wrong. It's people's own responsibility to check if something is against the rules, as well as their own choice to report someone or not.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Feedback