Rolling Restart ??? !!!! -30 ELO

Put any feedback about the game here.

Rolling Restart ??? !!!! -30 ELO

Postby CoolBeanss » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:39 pm

What the heck is this nonsense???

Last night, mid game, "rolling restart" happens.

Today I log in and I am -30 ELO.

WTF?!?!?!?!?
CoolBeanss
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Rolling Restart ??? !!!! -30 ELO

Postby Ezradekezra » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:42 pm

Were you alive when the restart happened?

Did you leave or DC from any other games while alive?

Elo losses from games that you left prematurely won't show in-game until you log back in.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Kelisidina » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:36 am

If the server restarts, then you shouldn't lose elo.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:49 pm

You only ever lose 30 ELO when you disconnect, server restarts are not included in this.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CoolBeanss » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Levin,
Over the years I could agree with you. But a couple days ago (January 8th, 2021), while alive as SPY, mid-game the server did a "rolling restart". The game prior, my ELO was 1766. Since the rolling restart happened, I always let the game time out before I exit. That was my last game of the night. When getting on the next day, I won my first game and the screen showed my ELO was 1736 +12 with a win as MAFIOSO. I have the screenshots to prove it. So, unfortunately, you are wrong.
CoolBeanss
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:47 pm

MichaelWesten wrote:Levin,
Over the years I could agree with you. But a couple days ago (January 8th, 2021), while alive as SPY, mid-game the server did a "rolling restart". The game prior, my ELO was 1766. Since the rolling restart happened, I always let the game time out before I exit. That was my last game of the night. When getting on the next day, I won my first game and the screen showed my ELO was 1736 +12 with a win as MAFIOSO. I have the screenshots to prove it. So, unfortunately, you are wrong.

For whatever reason, the in-game elo count doesn't update to reflect elo losses from games that you left until the next time you log in. The elo loss isn't from the restart, but rather from a different game which you left while alive.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:51 pm

MichaelWesten wrote:Levin,

Except I’m not wrong. The server restarts do not cause ELO loss, and again, the only time you lose 30, even if you were to lose in ranked, you’d never get -30 unless you left the game, or DC’d by anything other than a Server Restart.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CoolBeanss » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:28 pm

Well, who do I need to send these screenshots to? That, paired with BMG's logs will 100% prove you are wrong. Over the past few years I have never noticed the loss before. But, given that when the restart happened. I called it a night and logged off after waiting like 10 mins for the game to DC (which it did NOT). I finally force exited and went to bed. BMG's logs would show that. The next day, when getting on. I did NOT immediately check my ELO because I have never questioned it before. After my first game (which was a WIN) I was -30 from the previous day. Soooooooooooo....I am not here to argue as I have definitive proof that it did indeed happen. I screenshot the end of every game I play. I am in the neighborhood of 3,000 screenshots.
CoolBeanss
Survivor
Survivor

Postby CoolBeanss » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Anyone? Not sure who to get this squared away with.
CoolBeanss
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Kelisidina » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:33 pm

Have you considered the fact that you've lost games?
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby CapWarrior2 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:43 pm

Kelisidina wrote:Have you considered the fact that you've lost games?

What MichaelWesten is trying to say is that he lost elo, and this amount of elo is usually taken away from people who have left games, and only game this could've happened in was the 'rolling restart'
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:08 am

I think the 10 minute wait is what did it.

By that time the servers were back up, and the system, saw a ''live'' game in progress, so counted it as leaving the match while alive when you force exited. The rolling restart never fully disconnected the game you were in, or when it did restart it counted the match as live because connected players were in it.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby shapesifter13 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:49 pm

When the server restarts every game stop, and is not finished, or recorded. Only games that finish and are recorded affect users rating.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby CoolBeanss » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:53 pm

@shapesifter13

I have the screenshots from each match this season. I can show you, with 100% proof, that I lost -30 ELO.
CoolBeanss
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:07 pm

MichaelWesten wrote:@shapesifter13

I have the screenshots from each match this season. I can show you, with 100% proof, that I lost -30 ELO.

Easiest to send them there.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Feedback