Mobile Network Subsystem. Will it ever be fixed?

Put any feedback about the game here.

Mobile Network Subsystem. Will it ever be fixed?

Postby MrRootBeer » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:40 am

So, I play on mobile a lot and this game cannot handle WiFi, if I play, it has to be with WiFi turned off. Now this does not fix the issue of disconnection with the error "Network Subsystem down" but does reduce it a lot. So a question, will it ever be fixed. Seeing as players can get punished for leaving the game because connection is a "PLAYERS RESPONSIBILITY" I see used on the forums, I'm here to state that disconnecting due to this error is not my responsibility, its a game error. Its been ongoing for more than 2 years now, I searched the term and there's a post from Jan 2019 stating the same thing. Will the devs look at it because it has cost me numerous wins for town and it's becoming a joke.
MrRootBeer
Jester
Jester

Re: Mobile Network Subsystem. Will it ever be fixed?

Postby Hiway202 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:05 pm

MrRootBeer wrote:Seeing as players can get punished for leaving the game because connection is a "PLAYERS RESPONSIBILITY" I see used on the forums, I'm here to state that disconnecting due to this error is not my responsibility, its a game error.

You won't get suspended for disconnecting from a game due to an error, don't worry :)
Hello, my name's Elencia! I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to send me a PM if you need anything! However, I don't have the power to grant your appeal, so please don't PM me about that.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Postby OreCreeper » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:39 pm

Hiway202 wrote:
MrRootBeer wrote:Seeing as players can get punished for leaving the game because connection is a "PLAYERS RESPONSIBILITY" I see used on the forums, I'm here to state that disconnecting due to this error is not my responsibility, its a game error.

You won't get suspended for disconnecting from a game due to an error, don't worry :)

But you will lose the maximum k factor elo if you play ranked. At this point playing ranked on mobile is borderline impossible, so to say that this isn't a problem isn't exactly true.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Hiway202 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:51 pm

OreCreeper wrote:
Hiway202 wrote:

But you will lose the maximum k factor elo if you play ranked. At this point playing ranked on mobile is borderline impossible, so to say that this isn't a problem isn't exactly true.

I didn't say it wasn't a problem, I just said they won't be suspended or banned for it.
Hello, my name's Elencia! I'm happy to answer questions, so feel free to send me a PM if you need anything! However, I don't have the power to grant your appeal, so please don't PM me about that.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Postby MrRootBeer » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:43 am

Can you see when a player disconnects though, it just this second happened again and if someone reports it as gamethrowing (unlikely, I was amne this time) then can you see how the disconnects took place. Yeah I don't play ranked on mobile because of the connection issues but is this being worked on? As I said, when you search the phrase, there's one post from Jan 2019, two years later we get a new game mode TT, a rebalance of roles in other gamemodes but nothing I see for mobile users? Is it in the pipeline to be fixed?
MrRootBeer
Jester
Jester

Postby Hiway202 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:46 pm

We can't see if a player gets disconnected, but currently we have been a lot more lenient on leaving reports because of disconnection issues and such. If you aren't leaving on purpose you'll be fine.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the Mobile Network Subsystem issue you mentioned so I can't speak on if that will be fixed or not as I only deal with game reports. If this is a reoccurring issue though I can't see any harm in opening a bug report for it and maybe someone with more insight can look into it.

Hiway202
Trial System Judge
Trial System Judge

Postby cob709 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:51 pm

Alright town of salem it's time to fix the internet
first up we have the sharks biting the ocean, lets put lemon juice to stop em

Is the problem from the town of salem servers or local devices(or isp?)
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby MrRootBeer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:29 pm

Hiway202 wrote:We can't see if a player gets disconnected, but currently we have been a lot more lenient on leaving reports because of disconnection issues and such. If you aren't leaving on purpose you'll be fine.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about the Mobile Network Subsystem issue you mentioned so I can't speak on if that will be fixed or not as I only deal with game reports. If this is a reoccurring issue though I can't see any harm in opening a bug report for it and maybe someone with more insight can look into it.

There already is a bug report as recent as November 20th 2020, I don't wish to duplicate the same issue, lets hope someone picks up on it.
MrRootBeer
Jester
Jester

Return to Feedback