Punish Players With a Controversial Name and Regchecking

Put any feedback about the game here.

Punish Players With a Controversial Name and Regchecking

Postby Kelisidina » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:15 am

In ranked, everyone knows about the Saints [I am not exactly an official member, but I do sometimes play as Saint D I E S if a bunch of them come, as they know me and I know them]. Usually in games, they're treated with a bunch of boos and people sometimes say "Kill all saints" or "Lynch saints day 2". Now, I'm fine with this as long as they don't actually do what they say on the sole reason of the players' names.

However, it's getting annoying when I see players who name themselves 'Kill all saints' regcheck [purposely check someone as consig/TI due to their name or previous games] a Saint night one and find them suspicious (sheriff) or not claiming what their result is (invest). Plus, it makes complete sense for town to trust the 'Kill all saints' guy- it makes sense for him to check one of them night one as they obviously want to see the saints die. As townie, I know immediately and push for townies to hang the saint. As mafia [with the saint as my teammate], it's pretty pissy since the saint obviously got regchecked.

When I talked to Flavorable about it, they said "I wouldn't guilty it any more than I would guilty someone with like "Lynch Six". Only if they go out of their way to lynch Saints just because they're Saints and not because they might be evils, I'd dupe it for HSH."

I disagree with this, as their name solidifies their intent to reghunt/regcheck them.

Therefore, I think you should punish anybody with the name "KILL ALL ______" and they regcheck them night one.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Re: Punish Players With a Controversial Name and Regchecking

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:02 am

Kelisidina wrote:In ranked, everyone knows about the Saints [I am not exactly an official member, but I do sometimes play as Saint D I E S if a bunch of them come, as they know me and I know them]. Usually in games, they're treated with a bunch of boos and people sometimes say "Kill all saints" or "Lynch saints day 2". Now, I'm fine with this as long as they don't actually do what they say on the sole reason of the players' names.

However, it's getting annoying when I see players who name themselves 'Kill all saints' regcheck [purposely check someone as consig/TI due to their name or previous games] a Saint night one and find them suspicious (sheriff) or not claiming what their result is (invest). Plus, it makes complete sense for town to trust the 'Kill all saints' guy- it makes sense for him to check one of them night one as they obviously want to see the saints die. As townie, I know immediately and push for townies to hang the saint. As mafia [with the saint as my teammate], it's pretty pissy since the saint obviously got regchecked.

When I talked to Flavorable about it, they said "I wouldn't guilty it any more than I would guilty someone with like "Lynch Six". Only if they go out of their way to lynch Saints just because they're Saints and not because they might be evils, I'd dupe it for HSH."

I disagree with this, as their name solidifies their intent to reghunt/regcheck them.

Therefore, I think you should punish anybody with the name "KILL ALL ______" and they regcheck them night one.

I personally don't think names should count as admission since a lot of people could just name themselves something for fun. I don't really think regchecking should be suspendable at all though (it's more like metagaming just like reading someone's behavior based off previous games). Reghunting is obviously different though and I'd 100% guilty that. I'd say though that any townie who lynches a saint for no reason other than "they're a known thrower" or something should be reported and guiltied for HS/H. With evils though it's different of course, I do that as evil sometimes to cause mislynches but I don't actually reghunt anyone.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Flavorable » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:20 pm

The main issue I have is that a name is not always an admission, people are free to investigate whomever they wish. Otherwise any Saint ever will yell "reghunt" for anyone who ever checks them.

Names are names and as long as people don't go out of their way to actually lynch/kill people for their name, people should be free to have a name like "Kill all Saints", in my opinion.

Your name is "Saint D I E S". Does that mean that if you check one of your fellow Saints N1, you're "regchecking"?
Or if you kill one of them N1, you're "reghunting"?

And does it work backwards as well? Would it then not be fair to punish anyone for protecting/not checking/being LO on/e.t.c. "regprotecting"?
How about lynching a probable Jester Saint, but specifically not lynching a non-Saint Jester, as a fellow Saint? "reghelping"?

See where I'm going with this?

Now I'm all for punishing people who specifically consistently reghunt people (purposely), but going so far as to punish people for using a meme name and just checking a Saint N1 is going too far, in my opinion. Why? Because then you're actively stopping people being able to play "normally" as they would in any other situation. Imagine getting tired of being in a game with Saints, putting in a dumb name, and then getting punished if a Saint claims Jailor N1, person with the dumb name checks to make sure: BANNED.

Over the line, if you ask me.

Now if it's actual consistent reghunting, I'm all for it, but just for a name and investing someone once.. Nah.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:44 am

If you dont wanna be reg checked, change your name every match :P Or if youre not in ranked, start scrolling vet/medusa.... people soon learn to stop reg checking me when they end up dead n1 3 games in a row.....

I mean, checking someone with more experience on n1 is always a better move than randomly checking any old noob. If theyre evil, you get an experienced mafia out of the way day 2 and town already has a better shot at winning. If theyre good, then you can tell all the ''lynch saint'' players to back off and target someone else.

But then again.... who do you think a framer is going to target n1? A reg that town were pushing on name wise? Or just gonna rando it?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Kelisidina » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:45 am

kyuss420 wrote:If you dont wanna be reg checked, change your name every match :P Or if youre not in ranked, start scrolling vet/medusa.... people soon learn to stop reg checking me when they end up dead n1 3 games in a row.....

I mean, checking someone with more experience on n1 is always a better move than randomly checking any old noob. If theyre evil, you get an experienced mafia out of the way day 2 and town already has a better shot at winning. If theyre good, then you can tell all the ''lynch saint'' players to back off and target someone else.

I get that, but a player should not have to change their name [if it's appropriate] out of 'fear' due to other players checking them.

Flavorable wrote:The main issue I have is that a name is not always an admission, people are free to investigate whomever they wish. Otherwise any Saint ever will yell "reghunt" for anyone who ever checks them.

Names are names and as long as people don't go out of their way to actually lynch/kill people for their name, people should be free to have a name like "Kill all Saints", in my opinion.

Your name is "Saint D I E S". Does that mean that if you check one of your fellow Saints N1, you're "regchecking"?
Or if you kill one of them N1, you're "reghunting"?

And does it work backwards as well? Would it then not be fair to punish anyone for protecting/not checking/being LO on/e.t.c. "regprotecting"?
How about lynching a probable Jester Saint, but specifically not lynching a non-Saint Jester, as a fellow Saint? "reghelping"?

I disagree with it, but I can't really argue against that. Plus like Ore said, the name could be used for fun.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby James2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:09 pm

kyuss420 wrote:If you dont wanna be reg checked, change your name every match

^

If you find people target you because of your actions, you should either accept the targeting or change your behavior. Or you can act like a child and run to the report button.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:52 am

James2 wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:If you dont wanna be reg checked, change your name every match

^

If you find people target you because of your actions, you should either accept the targeting or change your behavior. Or you can act like a child and run to the report button.

So you're saying I should play worse so salty players don't target me the next time they see me in a game?
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby James2 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:08 pm

No. If dumb people are targeting you because of your good plays, you should change your name so as to avoid identification.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Feedback