VERY ANNOYING PASSWORD CHANGE!

Put any feedback about the game here.

VERY ANNOYING PASSWORD CHANGE!

Postby spamme1 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:24 am

I can understand that you want more sure passwords, what really annoy me is that my 12 chars long password with upper and lower cases and special chars is INVALID just because I don't use your 5 listed special chars. Really? I have only to use your 5 special chars? You are really expert in annoying users! Well I don't care, I don't have to play this game if you annoy the users with such stupid restrictions!
spamme1
Lookout
Lookout

Re: VERY ANNOYING PASSWORD CHANGE!

Postby deadlyblack » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:38 pm

spamme1 wrote:I can understand that you want more sure passwords, what really annoy me is that my 12 chars long password with upper and lower cases and special chars is INVALID just because I don't use your 5 listed special chars. Really? I have only to use your 5 special chars? You are really expert in annoying users! Well I don't care, I don't have to play this game if you annoy the users with such stupid restrictions!

lol

just make a password that works, why are you annoying yourself?
Master document of all my role ideas and suggestions: Here
deadlyblack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:47 am

spamme1 wrote:I can understand that you want more sure passwords, what really annoy me is that my 12 chars long password with upper and lower cases and special chars is INVALID just because I don't use your 5 listed special chars. Really? I have only to use your 5 special chars? You are really expert in annoying users! Well I don't care, I don't have to play this game if you annoy the users with such stupid restrictions!

Considering you haven't changed your password since last year, it's probably a good thing they did this, you should be changing your password more often to keep yourself secure.

Or you can just not play again like you said.

Either way, this was to secure accounts that people didn't change their passwords to regain access to their accounts last year, as those were getting used to troll and throw games, so to secure and lock those accounts out, the Devs pushed a password reset to everyone. So all-in-all, it's for good security measures. If something this minor is a huge inconvenience for you, yikes.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:20 pm

My forum password doesn't seem to be the same but it's not my old one... Idk bro I'm just hoping my phone don't auto log me out any time soon
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Flavorable » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:41 am

Soulshade55r wrote:My forum password doesn't seem to be the same but it's not my old one... Idk bro I'm just hoping my phone don't auto log me out any time soon

Chances are you used a special character that's not supported by phpbb. Changing the special character in your password to a different one should work just fine.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:40 am

What really annoyed me was that I couldn't paste the old password in the form, so I had to type the 20 characters by myself. I hope that doesn't happen every time I have to log in if I don't do it automatically.
Last edited by Joacgroso on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:34 am

Flavorable wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:My forum password doesn't seem to be the same but it's not my old one... Idk bro I'm just hoping my phone don't auto log me out any time soon

Chances are you used a special character that's not supported by phpbb. Changing the special character in your password to a different one should work just fine.

Literally cannot change my password due to having no access to my old email... Yikes
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Flavorable » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:46 am

Soulshade55r wrote:
Flavorable wrote:

Literally cannot change my password due to having no access to my old email... Yikes

Then contact the Devs to change your e-mailaddress. And keep in mind that as with most accounts on the internet, if you change your e-mailaddress, it's important to update it, otherwise you can't reset passwords and might not get notified if something important happens.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ypsilon » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:29 pm

Joacgroso wrote:What really annoyed me was that I could paste the old password in the form, so I have to type the 20 characters by myself. I hope that doesn't happen every time I have to log in if I don't do it automatically.

Yeah, very annoying with password manager. I can't autofill or even copy-paste my monster of a password in the form.
Ypsilon
Donor
Donor

Postby deadlyblack » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Ypsilon wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:What really annoyed me was that I could paste the old password in the form, so I have to type the 20 characters by myself. I hope that doesn't happen every time I have to log in if I don't do it automatically.

Yeah, very annoying with password manager. I can't autofill or even copy-paste my monster of a password in the form.

Or even click on "Remember me" lol
Master document of all my role ideas and suggestions: Here
deadlyblack
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:02 pm

Isn't the requirement only 10 characters tho
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Joacgroso » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:22 pm

My password was longer. It was a real pain because it also was a random chain of letters and numbers.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Feedback