Make Hanging witch for no reason reportable in ranked

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Make Hanging witch for no reason reportable in ranked

Postby Brilliand » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:43 pm

LevinSnakesRise wrote:Really? Dumbest thing I've heard was anything ever coming out of your posts on the forum, especially your racist, childish spiel you spew.

You must've really had a bad day if you knew you needed to strike this out, and yet posted it anyway.

James2 wrote:
Flavorable wrote:Hanging a witch solely for the lols in Ranked is the same as an Exe target leaving purposely before the Exe can hang them is considered harassment and can be reported as such.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this forum.

It's also not reflected in any public documentation. And its directly contradictory to what the devs have actually told the playerbase.

They basically gave the OP exactly what he wanted. With that in mind, I can't really find fault with it, except to say that we'd get a better end result if the devs spent developer time changing the game mechanics to make this situation impossible. (There have been several threads lately proposing changes that would do just that.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Kelisidina » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:42 am

StlnSP wrote:This is hard, but... it's not game throwing. People hang survs, shoot jesters or exes all the time. There's technically no other reason to keep witches alive other than pity points.

That being said, i kinda hope they remove the being alive part of the witches' goal. People will say that hypothetically witches can literally win without doing anything, but it's also better than losing because someone hangs you for the haha funnies. And town already wins like 70% of the time anyways, and i'm sure some of those players does basically nothing to lead the game into hanging mafs.

I agree --> I think the goal should shift to something like "see the evils outnumber the town" or "live longer than the town". That being said, I also agree with OP on the fact that at least 99% of the time, witch has to rely and work together with maf in ranked --> they literally can't backstab the maf or it's deemed as throwing.
I AM !@#$%^#-------- C0NSIG/WiTCH ON ME T0 DeSCRAMBLE C0DE-------- BMER D0NT CoME!!!!----------------- XDiES HAS MALE B00BS!
Kelisidina
Transporter
Transporter

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:44 am

LevinSnakesRise wrote:
James2 wrote:
Flavorable wrote:Hanging a witch solely for the lols in Ranked is the same as an Exe target leaving purposely before the Exe can hang them is considered harassment and can be reported as such.

It's also not reflected in any public documentation. And its directly contradictory to what the devs have actually told the playerbase.

Really? Dumbest thing I've heard was anything ever coming out of your posts on the forum, especially your racist, childish spiel you spew.

In any case, it was agreed upon by staff this would be tantamount to EXE's target leaving to spite them, however admission (as in most cases) is required.

I mean it's not the same as exe's target leaving, because leaving intentionally is against the rules, while lynching someone for no reason isn't. It's different from targeting as well. If this was true, would it be harassment as well if a townie admitted to trying to make the witch lose because town had no chance of winning anymore?
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Flavorable » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:57 am

OreCreeper wrote:
LevinSnakesRise wrote:
James2 wrote:

Really? Dumbest thing I've heard was anything ever coming out of your posts on the forum, especially your racist, childish spiel you spew.

In any case, it was agreed upon by staff this would be tantamount to EXE's target leaving to spite them, however admission (as in most cases) is required.

I mean it's not the same as exe's target leaving, because leaving intentionally is against the rules, while lynching someone for no reason isn't. It's different from targeting as well. If this was true, would it be harassment as well if a townie admitted to trying to make the witch lose because town had no chance of winning anymore?

It's not filed as intentional leaving if the Exe's target leaves for the sole purpose of denying an Exe the win. This is filed under harassment, since it is done specifically to spite someone. Which is the same as hanging a witch knowingly as mafia in Ranked just for fun, it's considered spiteful and thus harassment.
Regardless, as said before: This is a rule that was specified because it needed to be specified. And any disagreements on the rules itself need to be taken up with the devs at the e-mailaddress I supplied earlier in this thread.

Arguing the semantics about it here won't change the fact that yes, hanging a witch just for fun as mafia is considered harassment.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby James2 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:52 am

Brilliand wrote:They basically gave the OP exactly what he wanted. With that in mind, I can't really find fault with it, except to say that we'd get a better end result if the devs spent developer time changing the game mechanics to make this situation impossible. (There have been several threads lately proposing changes that would do just that.)

My objection isn't just to the rule being hidden from the playerbase, but also to the rule itself. It's ridiculous to impose extraneous goals on players that aren't part of their win condition (such as keeping the witch alive).

I have no objection to fixing the Ranked role list.
Flavorable wrote:Arguing the semantics about it . . .

You're the only person here arguing about semantics.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby WildCard65 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:00 pm

James2 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:They basically gave the OP exactly what he wanted. With that in mind, I can't really find fault with it, except to say that we'd get a better end result if the devs spent developer time changing the game mechanics to make this situation impossible. (There have been several threads lately proposing changes that would do just that.)

My objection isn't just to the rule being hidden from the playerbase, but also to the rule itself. It's ridiculous to impose extraneous goals on players that aren't part of their win condition (such as keeping the witch alive).

For me, it's kind of common sense for it to count as harassment in Ranked as Witch in Ranked is majorly dependent on the Mafia to win.
Sure, they might be able to eak out a solo victory, but the chances for that are EXTREMELY low due to RNG being a huge factor. ESPECIALLY 2/4s of the Mafia dies very early.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby James2 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:12 pm

Being salty about losing is not (or rather should not be) a valid reason for reporting someone.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:32 pm

Moderator Message: Locking topic since OP is already something that has been implemented.

For anyone disagreeing with the rules: E-MAIL THE DEVELOPERS.

As a separate public warning for James: I don't like having to repeat myself 3 times. I highly recommend you stop trying to argue the rules and just e-mail the devs about it. If you continue doing the same thing over and over, I'll chalk it up to spam and handle it as such.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Feedback