Suggest balanced ideas to end jailor meta

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Suggest balanced ideas to end jailor meta

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:42 am

StlnSP wrote:Ban the word "Jailor" for jailor and make them reveal like mayor. 10/10

So jailor is obligated to reveal and cant play hidden
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Robbytherobot » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:08 am

Nah that confirms another townie, jailor can be faked.
Robbytherobot
Medium
Medium

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:49 am

kyuss420 wrote:so? It should be useless. It still has the ability to confirm 3 town slots, thats 1/3 of the role list.... you asked how to balance that, and I told you the only way it can be done mathematically....

So you want a way to make the role that can confirm 1/3 of the role list day 2, to be ''balanced'' but not ''useless''? The role is totally unbalanced to start with....there is no way of balancing the role, without making it ''useless'' (If you consider confirming 1 player per night, useless)

As it is now, LO can still confirm 5/9ths of the town day 2...all the nerf did was drop the rate (that jailor could exe an evil night 2, by choosing at random) from 66% chance to 55% chance. Seeing 2 roles visit would drop it to 45% chance, seeing 1 visit would drop it to a 33% chance.

Idk....I think a 33% chance is more balanced, than useless... much more balanced than a 50%+

Not really, I have seen some good reworks to make it more balanced without making it useless, without to mention that seeing 1 visit increases RNG by a lot
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby cob709 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:26 pm

remove jailor role from town of salem
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:10 pm

cob709 wrote:remove jailor role from town of salem

Noobs cant ToS without a jailor in game tho.....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Lachek » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:52 am

Another game I didn't claim jailor and was reported by others after I died n1.
Sey979 wrote:The problem is that you don't listen to players who play the game. You listen to someone else that don't play the game or barely play. Why did you even ban SkyElo, the #1 in the leaderboard?
Your members of trial system also promote bad playstyles. They bully serious ranked players.
Lachek
Jester
Jester

Postby Lachek » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:14 am

I think since doctor is stronger tp than bg in this meta since he is better claim and won't die after protecting target, I think doctor can be nerfed by not leting him nurse same target twice in a row.
Sey979 wrote:The problem is that you don't listen to players who play the game. You listen to someone else that don't play the game or barely play. Why did you even ban SkyElo, the #1 in the leaderboard?
Your members of trial system also promote bad playstyles. They bully serious ranked players.
Lachek
Jester
Jester

Postby StlnSP » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:18 am

Lachek wrote:Another game I didn't claim jailor and was reported by others after I died n1.

Personally : git gud scrub why would you not abuse broken shit

But seriously: you probably won't get banned for not claiming jailor. That is a bad strategy, but it's not gamethrowing.
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Cookazoo2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:43 pm

Jailor can't jail the night after they execute someone because they're "cleaning the cell."

Think about your jails before you exe.
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby OreCreeper » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:54 am

kyuss420 wrote:so? It should be useless. It still has the ability to confirm 3 town slots, thats 1/3 of the role list.... you asked how to balance that, and I told you the only way it can be done mathematically....

So you want a way to make the role that can confirm 1/3 of the role list day 2, to be ''balanced'' but not ''useless''? The role is totally unbalanced to start with....there is no way of balancing the role, without making it ''useless'' (If you consider confirming 1 player per night, useless)

As it is now, LO can still confirm 5/9ths of the town day 2...all the nerf did was drop the rate (that jailor could exe an evil night 2, by choosing at random) from 66% chance to 55% chance. Seeing 2 roles visit would drop it to 45% chance, seeing 1 visit would drop it to a 33% chance.

Idk....I think a 33% chance is more balanced, than useless... much more balanced than a 50%+

Jailor should always execute N2, especially if no evils have died. It's fair to have a "50%+ chance" since if they dont exe N2 that's effectively throwing the game.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Descender » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:29 pm

StlnSP wrote:
Lachek wrote:Another game I didn't claim jailor and was reported by others after I died n1.

Personally : git gud scrub why would you not abuse broken shit

But seriously: you probably won't get banned for not claiming jailor. That is a bad strategy, but it's not gamethrowing.

not a bad strat if you play your cards right
cob709 wrote:remove jailor role from town of salem

jailkeeper pog
Possibly known as TodaysStory
TG Frequenter and Host
she/her
Descender
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Previous

Return to Feedback