Penalty for quitting or gamethrowing

Put any feedback about the game here.

Penalty for quitting or gamethrowing

Postby JAF1970 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:15 pm

I'm tired of this.

If someone quits, have the game tally it. The more times someone quits, the higher the value next to their user name in the lobby. In order for it to lower, you have to play games without quitting the same role.

Ditto people reported for gamethrowing.

That way, quitters and gamethrowers have a Hester Prynne-like scarlet letter A, so people can avoid playing with them.

Alternatively, you quit during D1 or before, you can't play for 5 minutes. No exceptions. Hey, if you got bumped by the server, you ain't gonna be playing during that time anyway, right?
JAF1970
Spy
Spy

Re: Penalty for quitting or gamethrowing

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:02 pm

God I hated reading that book

But sure. I’d love to make fun of some nerd that hops in a lobby with a tally and we all laugh at him as he desperately explains he was a Forger and wanted to play and we point and laugh.

And I 100% agree with the D1 leaving thing. If you “lose connection“, you should spend those 5 minutes fixing your damn internet
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:52 am

dude sounds like he thinks every gamethrowing report is legit.....
- 85% of gamethrow reports are inno
- guilty gamethrow reports already result in suspension, with 4th strike resulting in a ban, so why bother keeping a tally?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:20 am

kyuss420 wrote:dude sounds like he thinks every gamethrowing report is legit.....
- 85% of gamethrow reports are inno
- guilty gamethrow reports already result in suspension, with 4th strike resulting in a ban, so why bother keeping a tally?

I just ignored that part :roll:
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby CheezePie » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:56 am

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:And I 100% agree with the D1 leaving thing. If you “lose connection“, you should spend those 5 minutes fixing your damn internet

no
CheezePie
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:32 am

CheezePie wrote:
TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:And I 100% agree with the D1 leaving thing. If you “lose connection“, you should spend those 5 minutes fixing your damn internet

no

wym no
you don’t get a warning or anything just 5 minutes
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:11 am

I think there's already a system that blocks you from playing games for 5 minutes after leaving the last game.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby mrboziffer » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Mods don't give a shit about gamethrowers.
mrboziffer
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Serahni » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:41 am

JAF1970 wrote:That way, quitters and gamethrowers have a Hester Prynne-like scarlet letter A, so people can avoid playing with them.

How does that even make sense? How can you "avoid" playing with someone without, in turn, quitting a game to avoid them, thus earning yourself a tally mark for quitting? Alternatively, do you want to spend ten minutes trying to avoid a heap of people in lobbies until you get one full of players you approve of? lol Have you considered what that would actually end up looking like, and how impossible it would probably become to find a lobby with no tally marks?

I have an unpopular opinion about people who leave. If they don't want to play the role, I'd rather them not be there. Forcing them to stay in game and do a really crappy job because they don't want to be there doesn't improve my gaming experience.
Serahni
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 am

Unless they gamethrow, no matter how badly they play it's still better for your faction if they stay.
Being able to leave lobbies if a blacklisted player shows up there would be nice. I don't think there are that many leavers, but if there were, I would have to save the blacklist for worse offenses.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Shadowbringer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:18 am

Joacgroso wrote:Unless they gamethrow, no matter how badly they play it's still better for your faction if they stay.
Being able to leave lobbies if a blacklisted player shows up there would be nice. I don't think there are that many leavers, but if there were, I would have to save the blacklist for worse offenses.

Nearly every game there's at least 1 person that leaves. You can often pick the legitimate DCs, active people going silent, the random-named player that never says a word and DCs by the end of D3, etc. Every 2 or 3 games, you'll get someone that just decides they don't want to play anymore. Sometimes they even say it. Or they'll get voted up and quit immediately - without even trying to claim.
Shadowbringer
Lookout
Lookout

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:57 am

Yes, and I think being able to blacklist those kind of players would be good. If they are too many, just save your blacklists for worse players.
Out of my last 54 games, 42 had at least one leaver. Out of the 12 games without leavers, 4 had gamethrowers, afkers or people who didn't try at all, 1 had a leaver who left while alive after his defeat was inevitable, and 7 had no problems whatsoever.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby James2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:18 pm

JAF1970 wrote:I'm tired of this.

If someone quits, have the game tally it. The more times someone quits, the higher the value next to their user name in the lobby. In order for it to lower, you have to play games without quitting the same role.

Ditto people reported for gamethrowing.

That way, quitters and gamethrowers have a Hester Prynne-like scarlet letter A, so people can avoid playing with them.

Alternatively, you quit during D1 or before, you can't play for 5 minutes. No exceptions. Hey, if you got bumped by the server, you ain't gonna be playing during that time anyway, right?

People who should not be penalized merely because someone reported them.

I'd be fine with scarlet lettering leavers. Though they should just remove the incentive to leave by banning leavers from joining new games while the one they left is ongoing.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:49 am

mrboziffer wrote:Mods don't give a shit about gamethrowers.

Just popped in to say I found this to be a cute, but inaccurate statement. You’re welcome to look at Appeals for all the proof you need that you’re spreading false information. :)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Feedback