In TT, prevent vet from alerting when countdown starts.

Put any feedback about the game here.

In TT, prevent vet from alerting when countdown starts.

Postby Derpylandia » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:11 am

A tactic that i have seen recently is at the end when TT timer counts down. Heres the strat. Ask entire town to visit the alerting Vet. Boom, TT won't visit and now you can easily pick out TT. An even worse variant is to have town/Jailor exe all the non-visiting roles to prevent TT med domination. I dont like this strat, as it takes out all the scum-reading TT was meant for. Basically TT is in a position where they generally end up in a 2v1 or 1v1 with jailor. Real boring, takes scum reading out of TT if vet is present. Also not fun for TT.
- Derpylandia :)
Derpylandia
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: In TT, prevent vet from alerting when countdown starts.

Postby Robbytherobot » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:11 am

This is a fun strat and can even be detrimental to town, there are ways arround it for mafia, imo this mode needs to get rid of witch and spam jailing and this should not be that much of an issue. tbh I love unique tt metas they are fun and kind of funny.
Robbytherobot
Medium
Medium

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:39 am

Robbytherobot wrote:This is a fun strat and can even be detrimental to town, there are ways arround it for mafia, imo this mode needs to get rid of witch and spam jailing and this should not be that much of an issue. tbh I love unique tt metas they are fun and kind of funny.

Doesnt need to get rid of witch. Countdown needs to start when all Mafia except the traitor die, not when all evils except the traitor die
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby SillyPantsJackson » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:59 am

Scumreading is not that great anyway. It often sounds like really terrible logic that people stretch as far as they can in order to take out one specific person. Sometimes it works and you get lucky, but other times you just end up lynching a Sheriff for what ends up being a dumb reason.
The Boogeyman wrote:I am the boogeyman, and I am coming to get you!

"Can I borrow that ostrich?"
SillyPantsJackson
Spy
Spy

Postby PatrykSzczescie » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:41 am

To counter vet suicide strat, just kill the vet. Instead of making obvious fake claims, try surviving to kill the vet tonight. Use all 3 mafs to kill the vet then the vet will die or use up all 3 alerts. If somehow a mafia dies as being scumread by town and the remaining mafia died to vet alerting, the TT can just make an excuse of not visiting vet due to suspicion that TT vet made mafs intentionally suicide into him. After people suiciding into vet, you get the vet hanged and win the game. If jailor doesn't execute a townie by this time though, you call jailor sus instead for not executing on TT countdown and try hanging jailor, especially with 4 players left as jailor has a killing power after a lynch.
PatrykSzczescie
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:53 am

Derpylandia wrote:A tactic that i have seen recently is at the end when TT timer counts down. Heres the strat. Ask entire town to visit the alerting Vet. Boom, TT won't visit and now you can easily pick out TT. An even worse variant is to have town/Jailor exe all the non-visiting roles to prevent TT med domination. I dont like this strat, as it takes out all the scum-reading TT was meant for. Basically TT is in a position where they generally end up in a 2v1 or 1v1 with jailor. Real boring, takes scum reading out of TT if vet is present. Also not fun for TT.

May as well prevent all roles from using their abilities once the timer starts then......

oh wait.. what if vet is the TT?????
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Poryg » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:52 am

I have to disagree with the OP.
TT is a gamemode that's meant to be differently from your normal game.
Since vet is an actually useful role for town, he needs to be found and killed even at the cost of losing mafia who are looking to die anyway. It's not as difficult, since vets in this mode only have 2 alerts and keep the 3rd alert for town to suicide into them.
Just like for example when jailor is TT, he should try to achieve equality as soon as possible before he's found and executed.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Return to Feedback