Game Mode Idea: Alliances

Put any feedback about the game here.

Game Mode Idea: Alliances

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:16 pm

This game mode follows the premise of every faction in the game existing together, but teaming up to fight one another. Each faction relies on another.

Role list:

1. Sheriff
2. Town Protective
3. Town Protective
4. Town Support
5. ​Random Town​
6. Random Town
7. Mafioso
8. Consigliere
9. ​Coven Leader
10. ​Potion Master
11. ​Vampire
12. ​Vampire
13. Evil Deception
14. Random Evil
15. ​Neutral Killing

Extra: Vampire Hunter is unique in this game mode.

---

Special Rules:

At the beginning of the game, an announcement is made that the Town has allied itself with 2 other factions (the Mafia, Coven, or Vampires) in order to hunt and kill the excluded faction. The factions chosen to align with the town are Good factions, while the excluded one is the Evil faction. The 2 "Evil" roles, Evil Deception and Random Evil, become part of the Evil faction.

The game ends when either the Good faction or Evil faction is wiped out. In the case of a stalemate, the Evil faction always wins.

If the Mafia is the Evil faction, the Evil Deception becomes a Framer. The Random Evil can be any non-Mafia killing member of the Mafia. The Mafioso will be promoted to Godfather at the beginning of the game.
If the Coven is the Evil faction, the Evil Deception becomes a Hex Master. The Random Evil can be any other Coven role.
If the Vampires are the Evil faction, both the Evil Deception and Random Evil become Vampires. There can only be a Vampire Hunter in the game if the Vampires are the Evil faction.

The Neutral Killing role becomes allied with the Evil faction. They will be able to talk in the Evil faction's night chat and will win with them, regardless of whether they are alive or not. They can target the Evil faction's members.

If the Mafia is one of the good factions, the Consigliere will not be promoted to Mafioso upon his death.
If the Coven is one of the good factions, they will not receive the Necronomicon. On the first night, the message "The Coven will not receive the Necronomicon." appears in the chat.
If the Vampires are one of the good factions, they cannot convert. If they attempt to bite a member of the ​Town​ or Good faction, the youngest will​ receive the message "You are allied with your target, so you did not attack them.". Vampires will attack both framed and hexed targets.

Sheriffs will find members of the Coven and Mafia suspicious, whether they are Good or Evil.
Spy's will see members of the Coven and Mafia visits, whether they are Good or Evil.
Psychics will not see Good Mafia/Coven/Vampires as the evil in their odd-night visions.
Jailors and Vigilantes who kill Good non-​Town​ members will not be penalized for it.
Retributionists will be able to resurrect Good non-Town members, as they are good hearted.

-Messages-
General: "The Town has created an alliance with the (Good faction 1) and (Good faction 2) to destroy the (Evil faction)!
Individual Townie: "You are now allied with the (Good faction 1) and (Good faction 2)! Work with them to destroy the (Evil faction)!"
Individual Good faction: "You are now allied with the Town and the (other Good faction)! Work with them to destroy the (Evil faction)!"
Individual Evil faction: "All of Salem has conspired to destroy you and the (Evil faction)! You are allied with (Neutral Killing​'s name). Work with them to kill everyone who opposes you!"
​Neutral Killing​: "The (Evil faction) has offered to help you kill everyone in Salem! You are now allied with them!"

*Edit1: Vampires now cannot differentiate Good Mafia, Good Coven, and Town. They also attack framed targets.
*Edit2: Due to the Framer buff, Vampires will now attack both framed and hexed targets.
*Edit3: The Town Killing slot has been replaced with a Town Protective, to reduce Good faction KPN while also limiting town's investigative abilities.
Last edited by TheFluffyWaffleV2 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Re: Game Mode Idea: Alliances

Postby cob709 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:45 am

Town-sided Vampires are gonna be so overpowered in this game mode
they can kill every night since they do not convert ANYONE
also, they can confirm any Town-sided player, because they attack if evil, or don't attack if good. It will feed vampires too much info.

Though, this seems pretty well thought out but could use some balancing.
Since the "Town" will have 3 factions overall, the amount of actual townies should be reduced, as the way things are it's a 10v5, and the Town will have too much KPN(+2 KPN from Allied factions, +1 from TK)
Probably need to nerf town a lot

Some balancing could be put into this but i think this would be fun.
/support
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:06 pm

cob709 wrote:Town-sided Vampires are gonna be so overpowered in this game mode
they can kill every night since they do not convert ANYONE
also, they can confirm any Town-sided player, because they attack if evil, or don't attack if good. It will feed vampires too much info.

Though, this seems pretty well thought out but could use some balancing.
Since the "Town" will have 3 factions overall, the amount of actual townies should be reduced, as the way things are it's a 10v5, and the Town will have too much KPN(+2 KPN from Allied factions, +1 from TK)
Probably need to nerf town a lot

Some balancing could be put into this but i think this would be fun.
/support

the reason the vampires do that is because, if they didn't, they would be unable to help the town like the Mafia or Coven can. The Mafia has the Consigliere and the ability to kill every night, the Coven has the utility of the Coven Leader and the Potion Master, while the Vampires have the ability to check if someone is good or not, although they are limited to only doing 1 person per night. You may be right about the town having to many members, but I don't know what else would be added. An Any feels to powerful, as they could be part of the Evil faction, which would be way too powerful if the Evil faction was Coven. Perhaps remove the Town Killing and replace it with a Random Town?
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:47 pm

This looks really complicated but very interesting
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:27 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:This looks really complicated but very interesting

yeah I was worried about it being overly complicated but I don't know how else it would work
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby dolphina » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:55 am

Soulshade55r wrote:This looks really complicated but very interesting

/support
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby WJLM » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:34 am

This sounds awesome. A really fun gamemode.

The only issue I see with this is that the allied faction, whether it be maf or coven, would instantly confirm each other and make it incredibly hard for the evil faction to win.
WJLM
Jester
Jester

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:15 pm

WJLM wrote:This sounds awesome. A really fun gamemode.

The only issue I see with this is that the allied faction, whether it be maf or coven, would instantly confirm each other and make it incredibly hard for the evil faction to win.

I figured adding the NK into the mix and allying them with the Evil faction, nearly doubling their KPN and allowing for big brained plays, I figured it would cancel this out. It’s also why I removed Jailor from the list (yeah it had Jailor 8-)) because if a Consigliere got jailed, they would just claim and then out the Mafioso, confirming them both.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:29 pm

This sounds like a fun idea, but I think they're should still be neutral everyone has to worry about, like PB for example instead of a town killing.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:34 am

DiamondRanger8 wrote:This sounds like a fun idea, but I think they're should still be neutral everyone has to worry about, like PB for example instead of a town killing.

It would be outrageously hard to win as PB with a possible Consigliere, Coven Leader, Potion Master, and Vampire (that only attacks evils) on the same team. You’d be found out and that’s that
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby James2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:This game mode follows the premise of every faction in the game existing together, but teaming up to fight one another. Each faction relies on another.

Role list:

1. Sheriff
2. Town Protective
3. Town Killing
4. ​Town Support
5. ​Random Town​
6. Random Town
7. Mafioso
8. Consigliere
9. ​Coven Leader
10. ​Potion Master
11. ​Vampire
12. ​Vampire
13. Evil Deception
14. Random Evil
15. ​Neutral Killing

Extra: Vampire Hunter is unique in this game mode.

---

Special Rules:

At the beginning of the game, an announcement is made that the Town has allied itself with 2 other factions (the Mafia, Coven, or Vampires) in order to hunt and kill the excluded faction. The factions chosen to align with the town are Good factions, while the excluded one is the Evil faction. The 2 "Evil" roles, Evil Deception and Random Evil, become part of the Evil faction.

The game ends when either the Good faction or Evil faction is wiped out. In the case of a stalemate, the Evil faction always wins.

If the Mafia is the Evil faction, the Evil Deception becomes a Framer. The Random Evil can be any non-Mafia killing member of the Mafia. The Mafioso will be promoted to Godfather at the beginning of the game.
If the Coven is the Evil faction, the Evil Deception becomes a Hex Master. The Random Evil can be any other Coven role.
If the Vampires are the Evil faction, both the Evil Deception and Random Evil become Vampires. There can only be a Vampire Hunter in the game if the Vampires are the Evil faction.

The Neutral Killing role becomes allied with the Evil faction. They will be able to talk in the Evil faction's night chat and will win with them, regardless of whether they are alive or not. They can target the Evil faction's members.

If the Mafia is one of the good factions, the Consigliere will not be promoted to Mafioso upon his death.
If the Coven is one of the good factions, they will not receive the Necronomicon. On the first night, the message "The Coven will not receive the Necronomicon." appears in the chat.
If the Vampires are one of the good factions, they cannot convert. If they attempt to bite a member of the ​Town​ or Good faction, the youngest will​ receive the message "You are allied with your target, so you did not attack them.". Vampires WILL attack framed targets, but not Hexed targets.

Sheriffs will find members of the Coven and Mafia suspicious, whether they are Good or Evil.
Spy's will see members of the Coven and Mafia visits, whether they are Good or Evil.
Psychics will not see Good Mafia/Coven/Vampires as the evil in their odd-night visions.
Jailors and Vigilantes who kill Good non-​Town​ members will not be penalized for it.
Retributionists will be able to resurrect Good non-Town members, as they are good hearted.

-Messages-
General: "The Town has created an alliance with the (Good faction 1) and (Good faction 2) to destroy the (Evil faction)!
Individual Townie: "You are now allied with the (Good faction 1) and (Good faction 2)! Work with them to destroy the (Evil faction)!"
Individual Good faction: "You are now allied with the Town and the (other Good faction)! Work with them to destroy the (Evil faction)!"
Individual Evil faction: "All of Salem has conspired to destroy you and the (Evil faction)! You are allied with (Neutral Killing​'s name). Work with to kill them everyone who opposes you!"
​Neutral Killing​: "The (Evil faction) has offered to help you kill everyone in Salem! You are now allied with them!"

*Edit1: Vampires now cannot differentiate Good Mafia, Good Coven, and Town. They also attack framed targets.

This is a great concept, though as others have noted it needs some work.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Midio7 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:38 pm

/support
Just a guy who plays Town Of Salem daily
Midio7
Lookout
Lookout

Postby YeetTheBaby25 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:16 am

/support
I love this
this is not a signature i am locked in a basement by the jailor 3....2...1... meta people please send help quickly
YeetTheBaby25

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:25 pm

bump lel
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:15 am

Would town know which faction theyre allied with tho? That would make it more interesting....remove showing which faction made the night kill and let town guess at the alliance XD
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:11 pm

kyuss420 wrote:Would town know which faction theyre allied with tho? That would make it more interesting....remove showing which faction made the night kill and let town guess at the alliance XD

Yeah, Town is told at the start of the game who they are allied with.

If they didn't I think there would be too much mystery in the mix...
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:57 am

I think tbe main problem is generally how vampires would work. I think if it had 3 factions ratsh9then 2 and Nc vamp it would work.

Problem is there's no third faction and vamps work as one just not very good
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby StlnSP » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:24 pm

I can't help but think about how Town of Salem, the game, is a super turbo game where games lasts from 5 minutes to 30 minutes at most. I don't think this would work at the game with at least 1 KPD every minute, but it might just work for forum mafia. The game lasts for a whole week or so, therefore people would actually have adequate time to scumread or organize stuff with each other.
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby dolphina » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm

StlnSP wrote:I can't help but think about how Town of Salem, the game, is a super turbo game where games lasts from 5 minutes to 30 minutes at most. I don't think this would work at the game with at least 1 KPD every minute, but it might just work for forum mafia. The game lasts for a whole week or so, therefore people would actually have adequate time to scumread or organize stuff with each other.

New vfm pog?
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Feedback