Bring back the old flash based ToS

Put any feedback about the game here.

Bring back the old flash based ToS

Postby lewis06 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:43 am

I haven't been playing the game for more than six months. I recently turned back, and what I see is so frustrating.
I bought the game on steam but had been playing on web because flash based display was way better. This one just looks like a mobile game and it is not easy to follow the chat, I had no issue like this on the old one.
lewis06

Re: Bring back the old flash based ToS

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:40 pm

Apologies. There will be no bringing back the old flash-based. Flash dies in less than 6 months. There would be no point in bringing it back; In addition the code was entirely re-written for the Unity port, meaning the old code is gone. They'd have to (once again) re-build the flash part, and it's not worth it when Flash dies in less than 6 months. Apologies.

If you'd like to provide Feedback on the new interface, and think there'd be a way to improve it to make it more user-friendly, I'm sure the Developers would love to take it into account for a future update. :)
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Robbytherobot » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:37 am

Personally I love the unity ui, what changes do you wish were made to the current ui other than its style?
Robbytherobot
Medium
Medium

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:56 am

Robbytherobot wrote:Personally I love the unity ui, what changes do you wish were made to the current ui other than its style?

Honestly, the only thing that works better for me on unity, is the cauldron.. everything else is laggy as shit. It takes 6 seconds for my name to appear after I click enter in the lobby, so I cant chat during naming phase (some of my strats involve naming lobby chat)... It takes 5 seconds for the chat log to open (1/6th of the night phase), so thats half the night phase gone by the time i find the role claim I was looking for, then if i have a role like CL or trans, theres another 5 seconds to choose my action (better get it right the first time huh)... its so zoomed out, the skins and pets look like shit... theres like 2 extra clicks to rejoin a game after the match ends (sometimes costing a 5-10 minute wait for the next game)
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby OreoNyan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:11 pm

This sounds like it might be an issue with your computer, OS, or version of Steam. The Steam version was initially unplayable for me, but after updating my OS (Mac, so it’s free... more of an issue if you have an older version of Windows) and Steam, it plays more smoothly now. If there are any updates you can do for free, try that? If you don’t have enough memory or something that’s not an easy fix though. :(
OreoNyan
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:25 pm

I dunno what flash-based was like since I only play the steam version but it sounds like crap

Also unrelated note this is 200th post
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Kyosji » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:52 am

dolphina wrote:I dunno what flash-based was like since I only play the steam version but it sounds like crap

Also unrelated note this is 200th post

Each have their pluses and negatives.

Unity pros (just some):
Better copy/paste
less to no random crashes/disconnects
although clunky as hell, gives better info and details to help your role
actually lists numbers in the graveyard so flash players have some sort of idea who people keep talking about in wills
a minimal chat filter

Some Unity Cons:
Overly complicated in a lot of areas
Laggy
extra steps on some roles to do their nightly abilities that are sometimes missed
wills are a bit buggy
bigger learning curve from switching
Can't move around the town map to see things easier
the zoom
logs have a copy/paste feature that make it easier for towns to prove themselves while leaving evils stunted because of the detail of info coming in
Night chat doesn't always work, especially for Jailors

Flash Pros:
Faster
UI was easy to use
one click actions for your roles

Flash cons:
CONSTANT crashes that killed elo
wills were wonky and easy to accidentally overwrite by accident
no numbers in the graveyard, so you had no way to read people using a numbering system

These are just some.
Magic is distilled laziness. Put that on my gravestone.
Kyosji
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Kyosji wrote:Each have their pluses and negatives.

Unity pros (just some):
Better copy/paste
although clunky as hell, gives better info and details to help your role Would be curious to hear what you think is clunky. We are always looking to improve the feel of the UI
actually lists numbers in the graveyard so flash players have some sort of idea who people keep talking about in wills
a minimal chat filter

Some Unity Cons:
Overly complicated in a lot of areas Would be curious to hear what you think is overly complicated. We are always looking to improve the feel of the UI
Laggy This is being worked on, and our next patch should have a lot of improvements to this I believe.
extra steps on some roles to do their nightly abilities that are sometimes missedNext patch will improve this for some roles, and we have plans to improve it for even more.
wills are a bit buggyHow so? What is happening with wills?
Can't move around the town map to see things easierSpoiler alert for my next comment. This should be fixed when we fix the zoom I believe.
the zoomThis bothered me as well, and we are going to fix that.
logs have a copy/paste feature that make it easier for towns to prove themselves while leaving evils stunted because of the detail of info coming in i am personally of the opinion that this encourages better play. I am open to being just plain wrong here though.
Night chat doesn't always work, especially for Jailors What happens exactly?

A few questions/comments in red.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby Kyosji » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:33 am

shapesifter13 wrote:
Kyosji wrote:Each have their pluses and negatives.

Unity pros (just some):
Better copy/paste
although clunky as hell, gives better info and details to help your role Would be curious to hear what you think is clunky. We are always looking to improve the feel of the UI - multiple taps to view things, some roles require multiple clicks and a submit before doing their job, some info doesn't fully display and you have to scroll down
a minimal chat filter

Some Unity Cons:
Overly complicated in a lot of areas Would be curious to hear what you think is overly complicated. We are always looking to improve the feel of the UI - some roles have completely different ways of working atnight than others vs flash version. Some classes you have to click on a person, then click a submit button for some reason or you don't do things at night, ornew menus pop up to select multiple targets vs how it was before when you just click 2 names and thats it.
Laggy This is being worked on, and our next patch should have a lot of improvements to this I believe.
extra steps on some roles to do their nightly abilities that are sometimes missedNext patch will improve this for some roles, and we have plans to improve it for even more.
wills are a bit buggyHow so? What is happening with wills? - I've made posts about this and seen others. see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109897
Can't move around the town map to see things easierSpoiler alert for my next comment. This should be fixed when we fix the zoom I believe.
the zoomThis bothered me as well, and we are going to fix that.
logs have a copy/paste feature that make it easier for towns to prove themselves while leaving evils stunted because of the detail of info coming in i am personally of the opinion that this encourages better play. I am open to being just plain wrong here though. - Theres a difference between better plays and impossibilities from detail. The game and the town do not allow people enough time to compensate for the act of someone copying and pasting a flood of data, especially the med. In a game where if you post your will 5 seconds after D2 starts and you're labeled as a late claim because of it, you just can't compete.
Night chat doesn't always work, especially for Jailors What happens exactly?
- No text appears in the chat box. You have to click the global log sometimes to see chat because it's not appearing in the live chat. Again, lots of posts about this. Ex: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109590&p=3473127&hilit=night#p3473127 viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109543&p=3473124&hilit=night#p3473124

A few questions/comments in red.
Kyosji
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:40 pm

A lesson in why breaking up quotes is important
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Kyosji » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:45 am

orangeandblack5 wrote:A lesson in why breaking up quotes is important

Feel free to improve on it.
Kyosji
Retributionist
Retributionist

Return to Feedback