TT Countdown Timer

Put any feedback about the game here.

TT Countdown Timer

Postby CybeastID » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Had a game with a Jailor who used all their executes, a Witch who managed to stay alive, the TT Sheriff, and some other non-TK role.

Can someone answer my question:

Why does the presence of the Witch prevent the 3 day countdown from starting? The game ended in a draw because it was 2 v 2 and nobody left could kill at night.
The Invest list is certainly nice, and I have to say, the devs did a good job balancing!
CybeastID
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: TT Countdown Timer

Postby kyuss420 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:00 pm

no one on the other threads could answer....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby YumiAkiyama » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:20 pm

Speculation: The Witch can still control the TT and the Witch needs to remain alive to win, so they automatically side with the TT. Think of them as an extra Mafia member.
YumiAkiyama
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:16 am

The TT is not the only evil in this town, which is why the timer did not start.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CybeastID » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:45 pm

But no remaining evils can do anything, all they can do is just vote. There is no killing roles left, so the presence of the Witch is an active hindrance and means that the best the Mafia can hope for is a draw, or somehow convince the Town to lynch all the way down to one left.

Winning as the Witch is next to impossible because of this.

It incentivizes killing off the witch even more, because them and TT is effectively total deadweight, without even the clock to help you.
The Invest list is certainly nice, and I have to say, the devs did a good job balancing!
CybeastID
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Robbytherobot » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 am

I think it would be better if witch/tt are notifiied who each other is when the tt is last mafia as the witch dies because they dont know tt and tt has to get rid of witch to have any chance so they dont work together
Robbytherobot
Medium
Medium

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 pm

Robbytherobot wrote:I think it would be better if witch/tt are notifiied who each other is when the tt is last mafia as the witch dies because they dont know tt and tt has to get rid of witch to have any chance so they dont work together

Outing the TT to a role that has a motive to get it lynched?

Now that would spoil the gamemode.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Robbytherobot wrote:I think it would be better if witch/tt are notifiied who each other is when the tt is last mafia as the witch dies because they dont know tt and tt has to get rid of witch to have any chance so they dont work together

Witch doesn't have motive to get TT lynched??? lol
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:24 pm

dolphina wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

TT has motive to get Witch lynched
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:07 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
dolphina wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

TT has motive to get Witch lynched

And if anything wants to kill the Witch, the Witch will probably want to kill it first.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby CybeastID » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 pm

In a mode where there's only Town as the other faction, if the Witch lynches the TT, THEY LOSE! There's no motive to do that.
CybeastID
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:57 pm

CybeastID wrote:In a mode where there's only Town as the other faction, if the Witch lynches the TT, THEY LOSE! There's no motive to do that.

If the Witch lynches the TT while there is other Mafia still alive, then the Mafia is forced to work with the Witch.

This is the best-case scenario for the Witch in an environment where TT+Witch can't win by the TT countdown.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:43 pm

This, among other reasons, is why Witch shouldn't be in the mode at all and should instead be a fourth member of the Mafia imo
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:This, among other reasons, is why Witch shouldn't be in the mode at all and should instead be a fourth member of the Mafia imo

Agreed, not bashing on the witch role but in this mode a lot of the time they just end up being a problem.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby CybeastID » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Yeah, it should not be to Mafia's advantage to kill the role that NEEDS them to win to win.
CybeastID
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby dolphina » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:20 am

Soulshade55r wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:This, among other reasons, is why Witch shouldn't be in the mode at all and should instead be a fourth member of the Mafia imo

Agreed, not bashing on the witch role but in this mode a lot of the time they just end up being a problem.

Yeah we would've won in one of the modes if not for this stupid gamethrowing witch who outed us after we decided to lynch her
Or I'm just remembering all the STUPID F*CKING TIMES THE WITCH F*CKING GAMETHREW IN RANKED. IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. I HAD A WITCH WHO TOOK AWAY OUR WIN BECAUSE APPARENTLY WE HAD TO F*CKING WHISPER HIM OR SOME BULLSH*T. HE DIDN'T EVEN TELL US WHO HE WAS! HE GOT REPORTED BY ALLLLL MY TEAMMATES FOR BEING A F*CKING GAMETHROWER. AND HE WAS LIKE, "OH, WITCH CAN WIN WITH TOWN! YOU'RE THE THROWERS! AND THEN REPORTED ME FOR HARASSMENT WHEN I SAID "F*CK YOU" MULTIPLE TIMES! OH, AND THE WITCH CONTROLLED ME ONCE. HE KNEW WHO I WAS. HE CONTROLLED ME A SECOND TIME INTO KILLING MY MAFIOSO, THE B*TCH. I F*CKING HATE HIM.
...Whoa.
In conclusion, don't p*ss me off.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:44 pm

dolphina wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:

Yeah we would've won in one of the modes if not for this stupid gamethrowing witch who outed us after we decided to lynch her
Or I'm just remembering all the STUPID F*CKING TIMES THE WITCH F*CKING GAMETHREW IN RANKED. IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. I HAD A WITCH WHO TOOK AWAY OUR WIN BECAUSE APPARENTLY WE HAD TO F*CKING WHISPER HIM OR SOME BULLSH*T. HE DIDN'T EVEN TELL US WHO HE WAS! HE GOT REPORTED BY ALLLLL MY TEAMMATES FOR BEING A F*CKING GAMETHROWER. AND HE WAS LIKE, "OH, WITCH CAN WIN WITH TOWN! YOU'RE THE THROWERS! AND THEN REPORTED ME FOR HARASSMENT WHEN I SAID "F*CK YOU" MULTIPLE TIMES! OH, AND THE WITCH CONTROLLED ME ONCE. HE KNEW WHO I WAS. HE CONTROLLED ME A SECOND TIME INTO KILLING MY MAFIOSO, THE B*TCH. I F*CKING HATE HIM.
...Whoa.

It's not game throwing if witch outs mafia when dying, even sometimes it can be debatable if it's actually "game throwing"

Problem with witch they have to survive to win aswell as make sure evils win so witch can side town in death notes or dead chat because they've already lost the game

Even though witch would likely still win less then town but win a lot more if there goal was just to see town lose (people will still complain about a NE having a pretty high win rate).
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby dolphina » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:50 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:
dolphina wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:

...Whoa.

It's not game throwing if witch outs mafia when dying, even sometimes it can be debatable if it's actually "game throwing"

Problem with witch they have to survive to win aswell as make sure evils win so witch can side town in death notes or dead chat because they've already lost the game

Even though witch would likely still win less then town but win a lot more if there goal was just to see town lose (people will still complain about a NE having a pretty high win rate).

No, we weren't lynching the witch. He revealed us and claimed WE were gamethrowing AT THE START OF ONE OF THE DISCUSSION PHASES. Like, no joke. Apparently he thought all he had to do was survive, and he would win with Town. Which, aha, THAT ISN'T HOW F*CKING WITCH WORKS.

7^% @30&1 speaks truth here.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Feedback