Remove the fact that you have to pay to play the browser.

Put any feedback about the game here.

Remove the fact that you have to pay to play the browser.

Postby XLordEverLife » Tue May 05, 2020 1:56 pm

:x I used to enjoy this game, but the fact that they changed it to making you pay to actually play the game. It sevearly decreases the quality of the game and makes it into a giant cash grab/scam. Im sorry, but why force people to buy the browser version? You already have the game on steam to buy, so you don't need to make the browser version also paid. Im sorry, but pay-to-play games are scams (what Im meaning is forcing people to buy a subscription to play the game). The game was way better when it wasn't a cash grab and the browser version was free.
XLordEverLife

Re: Remove the fact that you have to pay to play the browser

Postby Mikowmer » Wed May 06, 2020 4:34 am

It's not a subscription. It's a one-off payment. And the game went Pay to Play because it was the only way Blank Media Games could stop a whole bunch of botters and script kiddies from ruining the game for everyone.
Mikowmer
Jester
Jester

Postby woahah » Wed May 06, 2020 4:50 am

@XLordEverLife: They need to make money, and by keeping it free to play botters can still attack the game and trolls can escape bans very easily. You say its a cash grab but its 5 bucks to play the game, and if you already have an account it's still free.
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby xDarkyy » Wed May 06, 2020 6:50 am

Mikowmer

"the game went Pay to Play because it was the only way Blank Media Games could stop a whole bunch of botters and script kiddies from ruining the game for everyone."

That's like saying every other free game is unplayable because of the latter you mentioned. xD
So instead of putting effort to make the game more stable they prefer to make it Pay to Play? (Every player's account who can't pay, is now useless. No matter how many hours you've spent in your account and if you bought the DLC)
xDarkyy

Postby woahah » Wed May 06, 2020 6:55 am

xDarkyy wrote:Mikowmer

"the game went Pay to Play because it was the only way Blank Media Games could stop a whole bunch of botters and script kiddies from ruining the game for everyone."

That's like saying every other free game is unplayable because of the latter you mentioned. xD
So instead of putting effort to make the game more stable they prefer to make it Pay to Play? (Every player's account who can't pay, is now useless. No matter how many hours you've spent in your account and if you bought the DLC)

if you played the game before ptp you can still play, the bot problem was so bad that it got to multiple bots spamming per game, outing the mafia and their roles. Pay to play was neccesary.
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Crona111 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:12 pm

XLordEverLife wrote::x I used to enjoy this game, but the fact that they changed it to making you pay to actually play the game. It sevearly decreases the quality of the game and makes it into a giant cash grab/scam. Im sorry, but why force people to buy the browser version? You already have the game on steam to buy, so you don't need to make the browser version also paid. Im sorry, but pay-to-play games are scams (what Im meaning is forcing people to buy a subscription to play the game). The game was way better when it wasn't a cash grab and the browser version was free.

You know I agree with this so much. I really loved it when the game was more active and we had more players in games. I also really like all the gamethrowers in my game cause they were hilarious, and I loved it! The spam bots were great too, they made games a lot more interesting as it was apart of the new meta to try and get information out while they spammed! The constant new guys were great too, I loved it when a vigi would lynch me even though I'm confirmed jailor! And don't get me started on Alt accounts, that was fucking great!
Damn I'm too lazy to add anything.

If you see "Purple Popcorn" in your game I love you.
Crona111
Witch
Witch

Postby TheRealChickenPatty » Wed May 27, 2020 11:58 am

Crona111 wrote:
XLordEverLife wrote::x I used to enjoy this game, but the fact that they changed it to making you pay to actually play the game. It sevearly decreases the quality of the game and makes it into a giant cash grab/scam. Im sorry, but why force people to buy the browser version? You already have the game on steam to buy, so you don't need to make the browser version also paid. Im sorry, but pay-to-play games are scams (what Im meaning is forcing people to buy a subscription to play the game). The game was way better when it wasn't a cash grab and the browser version was free.

You know I agree with this so much. I really loved it when the game was more active and we had more players in games. I also really like all the gamethrowers in my game cause they were hilarious, and I loved it! The spam bots were great too, they made games a lot more interesting as it was apart of the new meta to try and get information out while they spammed! The constant new guys were great too, I loved it when a vigi would lynch me even though I'm confirmed jailor! And don't get me started on Alt accounts, that was fucking great!

You had me in the first half,ngl.
I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To hang them is my real test
and surviving is my cause.

I live every day,
Talking day and night.
To each dead folk,to understand
What the fuck they said about my mom.

MEDIUM (gotta hang them all) it's you and me
MEDIUM,I know its my destiny
MEDIUM, oh you're all dead