Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:02 pm

boblong2018 wrote:Witch is bad in tt mode because witch has to die to activate tt countdown , sometimes mafia even write in their will that witch should leave to their tt can win....
I suggest replacing witch with jester so jester's lynch can benefit tt countdown
If you disagree with me , pls reply .


I was with you until you mentioned the Jester. Witch is bad in TT and Jester would be even worse.
User avatar
Brilliand
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:22 pm

At no point ever has any role list ever been improved by adding a Jester or the chance for one to exist
Image
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5751
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby Superalex11 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:30 pm

TT witch is in a horrible place. Mafia is as well with its 36% winrate, but at least that's at ranked levels. Witch on the other hand has about a 14% winrate, compared to its ranked 21%. In TT, mafia have actual incentive to get rid of the witch so the timer starts sooner, and I find it's even often the case that town lets witch live because of how useful she is in halting that timer, while remaining useless for anything else.

I don't know about switching witch to jester, or even switching her out at all. I think witch just needs to be tweaked to be more of a team member to the maf, since that is her only team.
Soon™
User avatar
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Superalex11 wrote:TT witch is in a horrible place. Mafia is as well with its 36% winrate, but at least that's at ranked levels. Witch on the other hand has about a 14% winrate, compared to its ranked 21%. In TT, mafia have actual incentive to get rid of the witch so the timer starts sooner, and I find it's even often the case that town lets witch live because of how useful she is in halting that timer, while remaining useless for anything else.

I don't know about switching witch to jester, or even switching her out at all. I think witch just needs to be tweaked to be more of a team member to the maf, since that is her only team.
Perhaps, but in the absence of the ability to tweak the Witch (because this is the TT role list thread and not the balance thread) the next best thing is to swap out Witch for an RM

Which I have been advocating for since this role list came out
Image
User avatar
MysticMismagius
Blackmailer
Blackmailer
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby Brilliand » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:41 pm

Superalex11 wrote:I think witch just needs to be tweaked to be more of a team member to the maf, since that is her only team.


Do you have a specific proposal? It seems to me it's hard to tweak the Witch for TT, since whatever changes are made need to be at least harmless in Ranked (and obviously the TT Witch can't become a different role from the Ranked Witch).
User avatar
Brilliand
Mafioso
Mafioso
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby MisterAnger » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:47 pm

I would like to suggest swapping 1 town role for maybe NB or anything I would be open to suggestions.
MisterAnger
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 am

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby OreCreeper » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:38 pm

I get this is a semi-necro but here's a suggested rolelist:

Jailor
Investigator
Mayor
Lookout
Doctor
Town Investigative
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Mafioso
Godfather
Random Mafia
Random Mafia

- Mayor is included so that Town has at least 2 power roles, so that if one is the TT it doesn't become a mafia auto win.
- Sheriff is swapped with Investigator because sheriff sucks ass in traitor mode
- Witch replaced with random mafia because it should've been this way from the start
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby cob709 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:54 pm

OreCreeper wrote:I get this is a semi-necro but here's a suggested rolelist:

Jailor
Investigator
Mayor
Lookout
Doctor
Town Investigative
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Mafioso
Godfather
Random Mafia
Random Mafia

- Mayor is included so that Town has at least 2 power roles, so that if one is the TT it doesn't become a mafia auto win.
- Sheriff is swapped with Investigator because sheriff sucks ass in traitor mode
- Witch replaced with random mafia because it should've been this way from the start

But..What if both are town? Then it's a town auto win.
I SEE ALL
User avatar
cob709
Mayor
Mayor
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby OreCreeper » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 pm

cob709 wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:I get this is a semi-necro but here's a suggested rolelist:

Jailor
Investigator
Mayor
Lookout
Doctor
Town Investigative
Town Killing
Town Protective
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Mafioso
Godfather
Random Mafia
Random Mafia

- Mayor is included so that Town has at least 2 power roles, so that if one is the TT it doesn't become a mafia auto win.
- Sheriff is swapped with Investigator because sheriff sucks ass in traitor mode
- Witch replaced with random mafia because it should've been this way from the start

But..What if both are town? Then it's a town auto win.

Not really an auto-win, since they still both have the potential to be TT, meaning town wouldn't trust them as much. And if you make a mistake as jailor or mayor, it's way more likely you'd get lynched for it over if a less important role messes up. Besides, having mafia know their entire team at the start is extremely helpful (as seen in coven tt).
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Town Traitor Role List Discussion

Postby Kirize12 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:43 pm

Remove Witch from the rolelist and add another Mafia member in its place for a 10v5 experience. Coven is much more geared towards killing and has a 10v5 so why not extend that to classic.

I think either Town Power roles such as Jailor and Mayor should be exempt from TT or don't have those roles at all (and bar them from being included).
Factional balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because they cause Town to win a disproportionate amount

Strategical balance - understanding that whisper games are bad because there's no reason to use any other strategy

Structural balance - understanding that disabling the Mayor's whispers, despite it fixing whisper games, means that a player can't use a core mechanic of the game and is still bad

This matters - educate yourself.
User avatar
Kirize12
Sponsor
Sponsor
 
Posts: 8938
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Tony Stark in Ranked

Previous

Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest