Reconnection

Put any feedback about the game here.

Reconnection

Postby FRCFresh » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:38 am

Pretty sure this is a heavily discusssed topic right here, but I'm also a victim of the lack of this feature, suffering great ranking losses so after searching up the forum, I decided to post this request here.

I've paid for the Steam version of the game. The money I've spent is far too much for a game that does not permit connection failure tolerance. It's unacceptable that I have to rely on my trash ISPs for 100% perfectly stable internet connection only to hopefully enjoy a ranked game. What's the point of playing if you're risking losing 30 elo at any point? Especially when this happens twice within the margin of an hour. Losing 60 elo that you've tried so hard for just because your ISP is incapable of providing you with the promised connection, especially during this period where a great majority of the world is quarantined in their houses, increasing internet usage.

I hereby demand the feature be implemented within a small time period, it's really not that hard. Even if it gets somewhat implemented in the Steam version first, and secondarily on the web version, or vice versa. I don't care; it has to be implemented; we're living in 2020 already.

Even if you ignore my thread for being slightly too aggressive, this will impact other players too, causing the community to die out sooner or later. I would advise it not be risked.
My role ideas:

FRCFresh
Jester
Jester

Re: Reconnection

Postby Flavorable » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:07 am

FRCFresh wrote:Pretty sure this is a heavily discusssed topic right here, but I'm also a victim of the lack of this feature, suffering great ranking losses so after searching up the forum, I decided to post this request here.

I've paid for the Steam version of the game. The money I've spent is far too much for a game that does not permit connection failure tolerance. It's unacceptable that I have to rely on my trash ISPs for 100% perfectly stable internet connection only to hopefully enjoy a ranked game. What's the point of playing if you're risking losing 30 elo at any point? Especially when this happens twice within the margin of an hour. Losing 60 elo that you've tried so hard for just because your ISP is incapable of providing you with the promised connection, especially during this period where a great majority of the world is quarantined in their houses, increasing internet usage.

I hereby demand the feature be implemented within a small time period, it's really not that hard. Even if it gets somewhat implemented in the Steam version first, and secondarily on the web version, or vice versa. I don't care; it has to be implemented; we're living in 2020 already.

Even if you ignore my thread for being slightly too aggressive, this will impact other players too, causing the community to die out sooner or later. I would advise it not be risked.

Demanding something does not make it suddenly possible, for a number of reasons, among them being:

- The Devs are solely focussing on getting Unity stable on Mobile and Steam, as well as ported to Browser so people can actually continue to play the game when Flash dies.
- It is actually harder than you think it is, you can't just add a reconnect option and be done with it, it has to be figured out what the best course of action would be for something like that, since it could be easily abusable if people can just disconnect and reconnect.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reconnection

Postby FRCFresh » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:12 pm

Flavorable wrote:- The Devs are solely focussing on getting Unity stable on Mobile and Steam, as well as ported to Browser so people can actually continue to play the game when Flash dies.

Prioritizing stability of the client in a mobile port of the game over a feature that should have existed from the beggining of the game's development sounds awful to me. I agree with the part of porting to browser, however this can certainly be parallelized.

Flavorable wrote:- It is actually harder than you think it is, you can't just add a reconnect option and be done with it, it has to be figured out what the best course of action would be for something like that, since it could be easily abusable if people can just disconnect and reconnect.

I was mainly referring to simply reconnecting to keep playing the game, not forgiving ranking losses, which would open a wide variety of abusable exploits. Simply allowing the client to reconnect within half a minute or so wouldn't be terrible in my opinion. There is the typical issue where a lot of time will be wasted and having to read through the chat may provide a great disadvantage, but it's certainly better than forfeiting without fighting.

My personal usage of the feature would be allowing my computer to connect to another wireless network while reconnecting. In other instances, it could be allowing the network to handle all its traffic and then return to its normal functionality. Sometimes, when the router restarts, the issue is much greater, but it would also take a great amount of time for the router itself to reconnect, essentially wasting up to one entire day and night of gameplay. It would be great if it at least allowed small disconnection tolerance for starters. Obviously this should only apply to cases where the user hasn't chosen to quit/logout/leave the game.
My role ideas:

FRCFresh
Jester
Jester

Return to Feedback