Charging people???!

Put any feedback about the game here.

Charging people???!

Postby SledDogg » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:28 am

It's been years since I played, I remember playing this game and having a lot of fun. Laughs all around. Got on to play today and #1 Was difficult to even log into, couldn't recover my old account. and #2 It's a paid game now? Where do you people get off suddenly putting a pay wall over a browser game. Without warning. You waited until we were all ready with our new account to hit play before we were punched in the face with a pay wall. You turned off 6 players to the game. forever. Money grubbers are the plague of what games are suppose to be. I'm beyond disappointed and will not be returning to this game and any other game that you clowns put out. I get that it's only 5 dollars, but it comes off just despicable.
SledDogg

Re: Charging people???!

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:46 am

god forbid we pay for someone else's work

But honestly very well-written post Katiya, solid explanation.
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby XLordEverLife » Tue May 05, 2020 2:05 pm

I agree, they should bring back the old TOS. I get the reason why they changed it to this, but there are other solutions that can help prevent botters. P2P ultimatly makes the game trash.
XLordEverLife

Postby Mikowmer » Wed May 06, 2020 4:27 am

XLordEverLife wrote:I agree, they should bring back the old TOS. I get the reason why they changed it to this, but there are other solutions that can help prevent botters. P2P ultimatly makes the game trash.

I don't think you understand lordy: BMG tried everything they could to curb the problem, including captchas and requiring unique email accounts. It didn't work. Going Pay 2 Play was a last-ditch effort to curb the botters before it destroyed Town of Salem permanently. It was a last resort. And it worked, so we can all now enjoy the game after coughing up a little bit to help support it.
Mikowmer
Jester
Jester

Postby woahah » Wed May 06, 2020 4:52 am

Mikowmer wrote:
XLordEverLife wrote:I agree, they should bring back the old TOS. I get the reason why they changed it to this, but there are other solutions that can help prevent botters. P2P ultimatly makes the game trash.

I don't think you understand lordy: BMG tried everything they could to curb the problem, including captchas and requiring unique email accounts. It didn't work. Going Pay 2 Play was a last-ditch effort to curb the botters before it destroyed Town of Salem permanently. It was a last resort. And it worked, so we can all now enjoy the game after coughing up a little bit to help support it.

it didnt work lol
also XLord: Please stop going around saying how the game is trash, itll change nothing
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Poirot633 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:14 am

I don't understand why people complain about having to pay five bucks (i.e. not much money) to endlessly play a game people spent a lot of time designing, updating, etc. Also what's with that reasoning "pay to play is trash", when you buy your shitty CoD game sixty bucks you don't seem to complain that much ? Nobody forces you to buy cosmetics once you paid the game once and for all.
Poirot633
Executioner
Executioner

Postby FRCFresh » Wed May 06, 2020 1:39 pm

I will only agree on some people's opinion on the price appearing a little too much. The game community is at least human, be it shitty or not. I at least don't have bots spamming my ranked games.
My role ideas:

FRCFresh
Jester
Jester

Postby woahah » Wed May 06, 2020 5:46 pm

FRCFresh wrote:I will only agree on some people's opinion on the price appearing a little too much. The game community is at least human, be it shitty or not. I at least don't have bots spamming my ranked games.

Its 5 bucks. How is that too much
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby FRCFresh » Thu May 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Other games are under that price, not far below, but even $3 to $4. I'm not really complaining, just stating my opinion on the pricing, which is higher than I'd expect with the aforementioned prices in mind.
My role ideas:

FRCFresh
Jester
Jester

Postby Flavorable » Fri May 08, 2020 1:14 am

FRCFresh wrote:Other games are under that price, not far below, but even $3 to $4. I'm not really complaining, just stating my opinion on the pricing, which is higher than I'd expect with the aforementioned prices in mind.

There's also plenty of games with less total playtime that cost 60 bucks.

In my personal opinion, if you play a game for dozens, hundreds or thousands of hours, paying 5 bucks for it should not be a problem.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Feedback