Very very poor server performance

Put any feedback about the game here.

Very very poor server performance

Postby Amiiii » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:24 pm

Greetings, it is me again.

I've been recently coming back to the game again, and sadly had to experience VERY poor server performance. That means, i'm i'm sometimes stuck on votes, stuck on nights, nothing happens for minutes, i miss whole days, etc.
Currently i am introducing a friend to the game and we are both stuck in a vote, for good 4 minutes already.

Knowing that this definitely is not my internet connection (since it happens everywhere, at home with a stable coaxial 500mbit connection, or during travel 4g, rather unstable where I live so i might take the blame for that one, eventually)

It's a frequent issue and makes the game almost unplayable.
Today i've been pretty much throwing 200 gold coins out of my wallet, just to be stuck on day 2, and it's kind of bothering me, as we're talking about actual money there.
Amiiii
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Very very poor server performance

Postby Jerme » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 pm

The forums were quite down/slow 24h ago, currently it works a bit better.
When the game freezes something killed the connection, but I cannot say exactly what and where it happened. If you are google chrome to access the game, try resizing the window, as it might just be a flash bug that prevents the game from being visually updated.
When travelling, the change of networks could kill the connection, so playing ToS whilst being on the move could be connected with disconnections each time the current network is changed to a closer one.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Amiiii » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:53 pm

happening both on unity version and flash one.
Also happening both at home (stable connection), at my current stay (Poland, also stable connection).

It's highly weird, really. Dunno if that's a flash bug, as there's also a massive report ingame from people that are stuck in the name change screen, seeing no names of anyone, neither their roles, can't do anything basically. Happens only on unity version as far as I noticed.

Greetings
Amiiii
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Jerme » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:59 pm

Those are loading issues, when something stopped the client from loading the game properly. This could happen for example when the mobile app is put on the background, while its loading.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Feedback