8 days no response

Put any feedback about the game here.

8 days no response

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:57 pm

It has been 8 days since I asked for an email change, can you guys just do it real quick so I can help out in the game
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Re: 8 days no response

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Why don't you just add more guys or get volunteers to work with him?
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:48 pm

Because a 3-man dev team doesn't really have the funds to spare on paying people 20 bucks an hour to sort through e-mails, to fix database stuff for which they would first have to be trained to know how to use in the first place. Interviewing people for something like that alone would take more time than waiting for the e-mail response.

People will just have to be patient, sadly. And hopefully those that did ignore the password change message, or did forget or refrained from changing their e-mailaddress when the original registered one became unavailable, will figure that not doing so was more trouble than it was worth and be more on top of it in the future. At least for those whose problem arose because of said issues, not those whose database registration went wrong.

It's a frustrating process at the moment, I can definitely imagine, but to encourage the community manager and "hold down the fort" so he can focus solely on working on these e-mails, is all we can do for now. Apologies.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Superalex11 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:30 pm

Flavorable wrote:Because a 3-man dev team doesn't really have the funds to spare on paying people 20 bucks an hour to sort through e-mails

Hasn't it been said that BMG has denied volunteer support (i.e. 0 bucks an hour) for things like this?
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Flavorable » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:21 pm

Superalex11 wrote:
Flavorable wrote:Because a 3-man dev team doesn't really have the funds to spare on paying people 20 bucks an hour to sort through e-mails

Hasn't it been said that BMG has denied volunteer support (i.e. 0 bucks an hour) for things like this?

They have, yes. Mainly because they don't like just anyone having access to a database full of sensitive, personal, player information. There'd have to be NDAs to be signed, paperwork to be filed and sent through company lawyers, e.t.c. Not to mention they'd have to set up another server for remote access to the e-mail inbox, remote access to the database, the community manager would need to take time out of his already 12 hour a day e-mail answering duties to teach said volunteer how to fix all problems, and so on and so forth.. It's a lot more effort than it's worth and it only initially racks up even more e-mails.

Not to mention, BMG hasn't had the best experience with volunteers, seeing as two of the biggest Trial Server volunteers ended up being some of the ones responsible for the bot-onslaught because BMG refused to give them more power than they had, I can imagine, adding all that together is not worth the hassle, not to mention the risk for everyone's personal security.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MissAlanius » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:29 am

Flavorable wrote:hopefully those that did ignore the password change message, or did forget or refrained from changing their e-mailaddress when the original registered one became unavailable, will figure that not doing so was more trouble than it was worth and be more on top of it in the future. At least for those whose problem arose because of said issues, not those whose database registration went wrong.

Do you not see how being like, "yeah well, this is your fault anyway" comes off as condescending and rude considering

1 - it's you guys who left yourselves open to giving out our info in the first place
2 - some of us, myself included, wouldn't be having this problem if you didn't have some kind of 'database integration' problem, and
3 - you didn't warn us at all that this would be happening?

Instead you spent all your time on the Unity port, leaving multiple game bugs open, the bot problem rampant, etc etc etc.

You gonna offer any kind of compensation for those of us who've been locked out because of your lack of foresight and manpower?

Let me guess - no? Or maybe, dream of dreams, I get some merit points to add onto the half a million I already have?
MissAlanius
Jester
Jester

Postby UnrealSquare » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:18 am

Do we know what the turnaround will be like? It's been a similar timeframe for me, and I really miss this game. I desperately DON'T want to create another account in the meantime, but I might if we are looking at months rather than days.
UnrealSquare

Postby Flavorable » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:42 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:
MissAlanius wrote:
Flavorable wrote:hopefully those that did ignore the password change message, or did forget or refrained from changing their e-mailaddress when the original registered one became unavailable, will figure that not doing so was more trouble than it was worth and be more on top of it in the future. At least for those whose problem arose because of said issues, not those whose database registration went wrong.

Do you not see how being like, "yeah well, this is your fault anyway" comes off as condescending and rude considering

1 - it's you guys who left yourselves open to giving out our info in the first place
2 - some of us, myself included, wouldn't be having this problem if you didn't have some kind of 'database integration' problem, and
3 - you didn't warn us at all that this would be happening?

Instead you spent all your time on the Unity port, leaving multiple game bugs open, the bot problem rampant, etc etc etc.

You gonna offer any kind of compensation for those of us who've been locked out because of your lack of foresight and manpower?

Let me guess - no? Or maybe, dream of dreams, I get some merit points to add onto the half a million I already have?

Is BMG at fault for letting the breach happen in the first place? Yes, and even I'm sure Flavorable will admit that. But BMG also did send out a mass email informing every user of the breach, and they strongly encouraged folks to change their passwords in that email. That email went out over 1 year ago now. Information about the breach was posted all over the Town of Salem community. Players have had over a year to do the responsible thing and change their passwords, and those who did not were having their accounts hacked and used to ruin the games of others. BMG had to so something to prevent hackers from hitting those accounts who had not changed their passwords, and they did it.

It's honestly time for people to stop screaming victim in all of this and own up to their responsibility to secure their account information when they've had over a year to do it.

To clarify: Of course BMG massively let the ball drop with the original breach. And nowhere am I blaming anyone else for what happened there, as Kat just stated. I'm just providing that this will hopefully be a wake up call for everyone in the community to try and keep their info up to date, for any account they have online, be it ToS or any other website/account, specifically for the people that didn't, not the special database cases like I already said, just so these types of things can be taken care of for whatever online community or website they're on in the future.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Feedback