Sadness in Salem

Put any feedback about the game here.

Sadness in Salem

Postby sxylou123 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:27 am

I just feel like venting today and this seems like the place for it.

My name is Lou and most mornings I play a few rounds of Salem with my friends. I dont have good ELO and I just play casual but its a pleasure I enjoy.

On January the 3rd I got the password reset issue, I didn't even realize I had a password for this game as I generally log in through steam. After some confusion I managed to find my username and account on these boards but not before creating a new account just to try to get the game working.

I tried to get the password reset email sent to me and over and over it said the email account I was typing wasn't affiliated with my Salem account and upon further inspection there is a spelling mistake with the domain of my hotmail email address, it is missing the l in hotmail. This means I can never reset the password until a member of staff changes it for me. I have emailed and then send another email after the "hi townie" email. Anytime now someone should be correcting my email address and I log in everyday and check, also checking my email for further correspondence on the issue.

You might think "well we sent an email out advising people to change their passwords" which I would never have received because of the misspelled email address domain.

I'm constantly feeling anxious and frustrated because of this simple mistake and I miss not being able to play. I hope you can get these issues fixed for myself and many more players in the future and with haste. I'm unsure how my email got misspelled, I guess it never had to go through any verification process since I purchased through steam and in fairness I dont even remember setting up the account but know that I need it in order to play.

I hope to hear something soon although I know your all really busy fixing things.

From a sad townie, locked out of Salem :( Lou
sxylou123

Re: Sadness in Salem

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:43 pm

Same situation here, Lou. It's been over 5 days now and no responses

[url redacted]
Last edited by Flavorable on Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information.
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi there guys.

I apologize for the delay. Please note one person in particular is working on over 1000+ emails on password resets and email changes alone. That's not including other emails about the game.

Please remain patient, and Shapesifter13 (Brandon) will get to you as soon as possible.

Please avoid replying to your email to them over and over, as this will just throw your email back to the top of their recent emails, and eventually will be marked as spam. I know this is frustrating and annoying, but I assure you it's being worked on. A little patience is all that's needed right now.

Thanks.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:23 pm

Moderator Message: Edited FrenchyTheSphee's post to remove the URL, since it contained his personal e-mailaddress. Please be careful with what kind of personal information you post on an open, public forum.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby FrenchyTheSphee » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Ok, Thanks Flavorable
FrenchyTheSphee
Spy
Spy

Return to Feedback