These Achievements Need To Go

Put any feedback about the game here.

These Achievements Need To Go

Postby Boredfan1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Most of the following achievements ENCOURAGE players to gamethrow to get them which not only hurts their faction but the enjoyment level for all players. Others are just downright stupid and doesn't even make sense to be in Town of Salem.

Dangerous Work - Die from visiting a serial killer.

I Look Good! - Role block yourself.

Who Am I? - Investigate Yourself

Execution - Successfully execute someone.

I Knew It! - Be killed by the serial killer you jailed.

Fearless - Reveal yourself as mayor on day 1.

Talk To A Pyro - Communicate With an arsonist.

Talk To The Mob - Communicate with the godfather.

Talk To A Psychopath - Communicate with a serial killer.

Not Paranoid - Win without going on alert.

Ouch - Shoot yourself at night.

Why Won't They Die? - Shoot 3 people who can't die at night.

Self-Conscious - Blackmail yourself.

Uh Oh - Find A Veteran.

How'd That Happen? - Find a godfather.

Distracting - Role block yourself.

It's A Trap! - Role block the godfather.

Whoops - Forge a will on a mafia member.

Could Be Worse? - Forge a will on yourself.

That Was Pointless - Frame a member of the mafia.

Whoops - Frame yourself.

On Strike - Win the game without cleaning any bodies.

Impossible! - Manage to clean up your own dead body.

Michael Corleone - Be promoted to the godfather.

Look Away - Hypnotize a fellow mafia member.

You Were Confused - Hypnotize yourself.

I Am Who I Am - Remember that you were an amnesiac.

It's Gettin' Hot In Here - Ignite Yourself.

Dexter Morgan - Kill the jailor who jailed you.

An Unstoppable Force Meets - Be in a game where pestilence is attacked by a fully powered up juggernaut.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Re: These Achievements Need To Go

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:33 pm

The Developers have noted these need to either be re-worked or removed, however Achievements are very low on the list of things to do right now. Most important is getting Unity out fully and get it stable before making any game-changes.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Boredfan1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:22 pm

Naru2008 wrote:The Developers have noted these need to either be re-worked or removed, however Achievements are very low on the list of things to do right now. Most important is getting Unity out fully and get it stable before making any game-changes.

Thank you but achievements that encourage game throwing should be at least after fixing game breaking bugs.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby tipoima » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:21 am

I disagree on some:
1) All the transporter/witch-only achievements are bad not because they encourage gamethrowing - they don't, you can't really do much about that either way. But they are bad because they are more achievements *for* transporter/witch/CL. Having to just play until a trans happens to switch you into something that gives you achievements is just poor design.
2) Dexter Morgan/Jailbreak - If you're jailed (on a full moon for the latter) you are gonna kill the Jailor regardless. And it's very much in your interest to not be executed.
3) I Am Who I Am - Hardly a gamethrow for an amne to use a night to have fun (Or actually confirm themselves)
4) Michael Corleone/Execution - If you don't naturally get this in your first games, something is really wrong with you. It's hardly worthwhile to change.
5) Uh Oh - I actually got this one completely naturally. The only thing you might wanna change is to add a clause requiring you to actually *live* past investigation.
6) Why Won't They Die? - Not really a gamethrow unless you literally spam bullets into the same target and confirms evils otherwise. Even then, pretty minor thing.
7) Fearless - There *is* some merit in doing this.
8) Dangerous Work - Even if you go out of your way to roleblock anyone who seems like an SK, you still find an evil.

Meanwhile, I'll also add some:
1) Incognito/Faith in the Town - If you don't use your ability as the Mayor, especially on stand, then what is even the point of you being there?
2) Not Afraid - Same reasoning as the Mayor.
3) An Extinct Disease - Seeing how reanimating Pestilence kills the Necromancer and how I've personally seen someone lose the game because of it? Yeaa, might wanna remove this one.
4) Blinded by Love - Not only I don't see how a Psychic is supposed to make themselves be roleblocked 3 times, it's also obviously gamethrow to do so
5) A Fatal Error/A Diseased Blade - While Crusader has a point of protecting whoever they were on, Ambusher just feeds themselves to WW/Pest for no reason.
6) But You Have Heard of Me - Not only is it statistically ridiculous to lose 10 duels in one game (Or even have the game last 10 days, lol), but it's also definitely not in the Pirate's interests.
tipoima
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Boredfan1 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:25 pm

tipoima wrote:I disagree on some:
1) All the transporter/witch-only achievements are bad not because they encourage gamethrowing - they don't, you can't really do much about that either way. But they are bad because they are more achievements *for* transporter/witch/CL. Having to just play until a trans happens to switch you into something that gives you achievements is just poor design.
2) Dexter Morgan/Jailbreak - If you're jailed (on a full moon for the latter) you are gonna kill the Jailor regardless. And it's very much in your interest to not be executed.
3) I Am Who I Am - Hardly a gamethrow for an amne to use a night to have fun (Or actually confirm themselves)
4) Michael Corleone/Execution - If you don't naturally get this in your first games, something is really wrong with you. It's hardly worthwhile to change.
5) Uh Oh - I actually got this one completely naturally. The only thing you might wanna change is to add a clause requiring you to actually *live* past investigation.
6) Why Won't They Die? - Not really a gamethrow unless you literally spam bullets into the same target and confirms evils otherwise. Even then, pretty minor thing.
7) Fearless - There *is* some merit in doing this.
8) Dangerous Work - Even if you go out of your way to roleblock anyone who seems like an SK, you still find an evil.

Meanwhile, I'll also add some:
1) Incognito/Faith in the Town - If you don't use your ability as the Mayor, especially on stand, then what is even the point of you being there?
2) Not Afraid - Same reasoning as the Mayor.
3) An Extinct Disease - Seeing how reanimating Pestilence kills the Necromancer and how I've personally seen someone lose the game because of it? Yeaa, might wanna remove this one.
4) Blinded by Love - Not only I don't see how a Psychic is supposed to make themselves be roleblocked 3 times, it's also obviously gamethrow to do so
5) A Fatal Error/A Diseased Blade - While Crusader has a point of protecting whoever they were on, Ambusher just feeds themselves to WW/Pest for no reason.
6) But You Have Heard of Me - Not only is it statistically ridiculous to lose 10 duels in one game (Or even have the game last 10 days, lol), but it's also definitely not in the Pirate's interests.

1-Except it's proven that dipshits will prioritize achievements over winning and these literally have goals that encourage acts that are against your own interest.

2-This one is retarded for two reasons; It isn't an achievement to kill jailor as NK, it happens very frequently in fact and someone who simple doesn't give a damn can let themselves be jailed and kill the jailor. This means they are immediately out of the game 99% of the time and that hurts the other evil roles. And yes, it would happen because people hate being the NK since those roles suck.

3-This one isn't a gamethrow perse but it has caused problems. The main thing is, it can confirm you for one which is bad for amney and everyone really but also, it has lead to some people only remembering amnesiac. They thus contribute nothing to the game. So this and the ability to remember amnesiac needs to be removed.

4-Execution is on the list not because it's a gamethrow or anything but it's a rediculous achievement not worth the time it took to program since it's something that everyone gets eventually.

5-Uh Oh is one I've gotten naturally too and if it has the clause of living past it maybe it would be okay but as it stands now, it simple encourages gamethrowing.

6-Not a gamethrow necessarily but it's easy for someone to use it as a reason to gamethrow. It's simple not a good achievement any which way you slice it.

7-I've RARELY seen mayor survive long after revealing day one. And without the ability to whisper them, they only become useful for their vote which matters little in the beginning. Thus, it's a pretty stupid and borderline gamethrowing achievement depending on how the match turns out.

8-Even so, to purposely do this is retarded and there are no guarantees that they find an evil. So a really bad, very borderline gamethrowing if not gamethrowing achievement that has no merits as one.

1-I agree.

2-Agreed.

3-Agreed.

4-Agreed.

5-I guess.

6-I disagree. While kind of stupid, it's not really one you can get by trying without cheating. so it's something not many people would have and it's kinda cool to say you have it because of how rediculous it is. Also, games CAN last ten or more days, it's just very improbable.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 am

Half these acheivments van be gotten in Lovers Mode without any Gamethrowing at all
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby kosmo16 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:11 pm

Some of them can stay but should be unlocked AFTER the game. I mean these which give you extra information.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Boredfan1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:02 pm

kyuss420 wrote:Half these acheivments van be gotten in Lovers Mode without any Gamethrowing at all

Have you played Lovers Mode? It's super easy to lose.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:17 am

Boredfan1 wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:Half these acheivments van be gotten in Lovers Mode without any Gamethrowing at all

Have you played Lovers Mode? It's super easy to lose.

No, I suggested getting them in lovers, because ive never played it, and never got the achievements in that mode personally.

Where is it written that you have to win the game to get the achievement tho? Half of these achievements will get you killed, medium achievements - you have to be dead already anyway, sometimes you get the achievements without even trying... In fact the only acheivement on this thread I dont have is the Janitor ''on strike'' one, and I dont go out of my way to hunt achievements
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Feedback