The Anti-Spam Filter Is BROKEN!

Put any feedback about the game here.

The Anti-Spam Filter Is BROKEN!

Postby Boredfan1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:28 pm

Nearly every single match, the game tells me not to spam the chat even though I only put something in once, twice at most. Not to mention when I put something in I have never typed in that match before, it gives me this message. It severely hurts my ability to defend myself and get people lynched and on several occasions, it got me killed!And it never stops the ACTUAL spammers, everyone has to come together to hang the jackass so we can actually play. It's a nice moment of a common cause bringing us together but it shouldn't exist. FIX IT!
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Re: The Anti-Spam Filter Is BROKEN!

Postby Yosh1123 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:35 am

If you type a message with only capital letters, then you get the anti-spam message.
Yosh1123
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Boredfan1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Yes, but I get it regardless and frankly, typing in all caps is NOT spam on it's own, it shouldn't even be included.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby BlastingOff » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:34 pm

Boredfan1 wrote:Yes, but I get it regardless and frankly, typing in all caps is NOT spam on it's own, it shouldn't even be included.

It's obnoxious regardless, I think it's fine if it prevents caps.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby noveiia » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Do you have any screenshots? It’s helpful for mods/admins/devs so they know if the filter is actually broken or if it’s just something in those messages you don’t even realise the filter considers spam.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Boredfan1 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:38 pm

BlastingOff wrote:
Boredfan1 wrote:Yes, but I get it regardless and frankly, typing in all caps is NOT spam on it's own, it shouldn't even be included.

Just because you think it's obnoxious doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it....besides sometimes people can't read and need it bigger.

noveiia wrote:Do you have any screenshots? It’s helpful for mods/admins/devs so they know if the filter is actually broken or if it’s just something in those messages you don’t even realize the filter considers spam.

Not at the moment but I'll try to get one. Here's the thing though, if they are considering normal messages spam, them their anti spam system is still broken. There's a difference between spam and inappropriate words being censored. And if you don't want to see the bad stuff, turn the filter on.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby BlastingOff » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:40 am

Boredfan1 wrote:
BlastingOff wrote:

Just because you think it's obnoxious doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it....besides sometimes people can't read and need it bigger.

noveiia wrote:Do you have any screenshots? It’s helpful for mods/admins/devs so they know if the filter is actually broken or if it’s just something in those messages you don’t even realize the filter considers spam.

Not at the moment but I'll try to get one. Here's the thing though, if they are considering normal messages spam, them their anti spam system is still broken. There's a difference between spam and inappropriate words being censored. And if you don't want to see the bad stuff, turn the filter on.

If people can't read, then BMG has to address the issue in some way, e.g. with increasing the font size and etc. TYPING IN ALL CAPS is definitely not the solution when someone can't read, not to mention typing in caps makes some people less inclined to read what you are saying (or makes you look like terrible evil)
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby Boredfan1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Well, part of the problem is many towns I play with have a low IQ and don't pay attention so it's more so that than font size.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Boredfan1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 pm

Whether it's disruptive depends on the person, both the one using it and the one seeing it.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Feedback