pls delete my account

Put any feedback about the game here.

pls delete my account

Postby Shroomly » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:33 am

Hiya, just wondering if any mods have the power to delete my account? I used to play so I technically have two accounts I wanna burn.
I signed up not expecting the new random paywall that I'm not going to pay for a game that honestly doesn't seem to deserve it, this game also has a history of leaking information so I'm regretting my decision.

Edit: Sorry, thought I was ON the account when I posted. Still not sure if mods deleting accounts can be done at all but the account is "Yuule".
(Apparently managed to log into my old account that I was trying to.)
Shroomly

Re: pls delete my account

Postby Brilliand » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:48 am

The forum moderators can't delete your account. There's a link floating around somewhere that would allow you to delete your own account... I think this is it? Request account deletion

If that doesn't work, the other way is to email the devs directly, at info@blankmediagames.com.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Voriki » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:44 am

Brilliand wrote:email the devs directly, at info@blankmediagames.com.

Do be sure to send it from the account that you want to have deleted...
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:25 am

Reference.

Update February 2019: You may delete your account by visiting the following link. Warning: This is permanent and irreversible! https://www.blankmediagames.com/help/re ... letion.php

If, for any reason, you want to delete your Town of Salem account, you can do this by emailing the Developers via: info@blankmediagames.com and request your account be closed. Please include your username and the email you used to create the account to verify it is indeed your account in your email to them and they will delete it for you.

Please note the following when requesting your account be deleted;
  • Your account cannot be recovered once it is deleted if you decide to come back. You will have to start all over again.
  • It might take the Developers time to delete your account, as they have a big workload. Please give them some time for them to get to your request.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Voriki » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:55 am

Flavorable wrote:If, for any reason, you want to delete your Town of Salem account, you can do this by emailing the Developers via: info@blankmediagames.com and request your account be closed. Please include your username and the email you used to create the account to verify it is indeed your account in your email to them and they will delete it for you.

This sounds dangerous.
I can e-mail info@BMG.com from my e-mail voriki@randomness.com and say I want to delete my duplicate account because I no longer use that e-mail.
Yes, please delete the account names Vorikisbrother@randomly.edu named VorikiBro.

All because my brother stole a cookie from me.

They should rule it that the email has to come from the mail in question, otherwise the account should just be deemed abandoned. At the most they can force a password reset on it.
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:12 pm

Voriki wrote:
Flavorable wrote:If, for any reason, you want to delete your Town of Salem account, you can do this by emailing the Developers via: info@blankmediagames.com and request your account be closed. Please include your username and the email you used to create the account to verify it is indeed your account in your email to them and they will delete it for you.

This sounds dangerous.
I can e-mail info@BMG.com from my e-mail voriki@randomness.com and say I want to delete my duplicate account because I no longer use that e-mail.
Yes, please delete the account names Vorikisbrother@randomly.edu named VorikiBro.

All because my brother stole a cookie from me.

They should rule it that the email has to come from the mail in question, otherwise the account should just be deemed abandoned. At the most they can force a password reset on it.

If you use a temporary email to sign up and then decide you no longer want the account, you're screwed, hence why you do the above quoted, and then prove the account is yours. They'll ask you to prove it, or they'll ignore the request. Simple. Nothing dangerous about it.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Voriki » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:13 am

Naru2008 wrote:They'll ask you to prove it, or they'll ignore the request. Simple. Nothing dangerous about it.

Hence why I believe that the deletion request should come from the original e-mail itself, what other ways are there to prove it is really you otherwise?
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:17 am

Voriki wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:They'll ask you to prove it, or they'll ignore the request. Simple. Nothing dangerous about it.

Hence why I believe that the deletion request should come from the original e-mail itself, what other ways are there to prove it is really you otherwise?

Receipts, for example.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Voriki wrote:

Receipts, current Town Points/Merit Point totals, what skins/maps/etc are owned, games played, if you have it on Steam, date of birth on the account, etc.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Feedback