Mannequin.

Put any feedback about the game here.

Mannequin.

Postby aellinka » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:27 am

He is obviously getting out of control.
I am not feeling okay with reporting accounts because of him.

We can't really play with him, so we report him and he plays with another account and we report that.
Ignoring him only works when he is not mafia, because every single time he is, he outs the mafia with his first message.

Can BMG do something about that? Like force password reset? Or anything?
aellinka

Re: Mannequin.

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:09 pm

The devs probably can do something, but it will be an "electronic warfare" scenario rather than a straightforward fix.

If this guy has enough spare accounts lying around, then maybe Achilles needs to step in and make an attempt to detect which accounts are on Mannequin's list, and mass-ban those accounts (or possibly do something more clever to get Mannequin out of those accounts). Only he knows whether he can realistically stop Mannequin without causing some sort of crisis.

On this note though:

aellinka wrote:I am not feeling okay with reporting accounts because of him.

Go ahead and report the accounts he uses. Please. Reporting the accounts he uses gives the trial judges the ability to fight back against Mannequin, and with time they might manage to stop him completely even if Achilles doesn't step in. Turdpile in particular is capable of unbanning these accounts when he thinks it's safe, so by reporting them you aren't destroying their accounts permanently - just giving the judges a way to do something about the problem (at the slow speed that the trial system works at).
Last edited by Brilliand on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Brilliand wrote:Only [Achilles] knows whether he can realistically stop Mannequin without causing some sort of crisis.
The crisis is already here. People are getting hacked left and right, and this guy has probably ruined thousands of games by now.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:47 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:
Brilliand wrote:Only [Achilles] knows whether he can realistically stop Mannequin without causing some sort of crisis.
The crisis is already here. People are getting hacked left and right, and this guy has probably ruined thousands of games by now.

I'm thinking of the great forum massacre of January - which, by the way, was intended to preempt exactly this problem.

Achilles likely has something he can do to make this better, but he also definitely has ways to make it worse, so he does need to be careful.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Brilliand wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:
I'm thinking of the great forum massacre of January - which, by the way, was intended to preempt exactly this problem.

Achilles likely has something he can do to make this better, but he also definitely has ways to make it worse, so he does need to be careful.
Oh yeah that was a shitshow. It can definitely get worse. I was just commenting on your word choice which implies that there is currently not a crisis.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:35 pm

This should get better now.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby SwampRabbit » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:52 am

shapesifter13 wrote:This should get better now.

Can you tell us why you say this? Has something actually been done to block him, or do you think he just ran out of hacked accounts? I saw him in 2 games yesterday where he was town doing his best to throw, but fortunately he was not super important town role, although he did manage to get executed on n2 one game and shot by vig n2 next game.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:53 pm

SwampRabbit wrote:

Can you tell us why you say this? Has something actually been done to block him, or do you think he just ran out of hacked accounts? I saw him in 2 games yesterday where he was town doing his best to throw, but fortunately he was not super important town role, although he did manage to get executed on n2 one game and shot by vig n2 next game.

We had maintenance yesterday for account security and to lock out all compromised accounts within certain peramiters.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TurdPile » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:33 am

IDK why shape said that - things won't get better, we only better protected certain accounts from getting used; I'm sure there's still tens of thousands of accounts that Mannequin can use.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby woahah » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:54 am

TurdPile wrote:IDK why shape said that - things won't get better, we only better protected certain accounts from getting used; I'm sure there's still tens of thousands of accounts that Mannequin can use.

Bruh
Is shape just trying to calm down the angry masses?
Naru played along, you didnt and im wondering why shape stepped in saying somethimg innacurate anyways. It only took another one of these shitters for any action at all to take place.
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:26 am

woahah wrote:
TurdPile wrote:IDK why shape said that - things won't get better, we only better protected certain accounts from getting used; I'm sure there's still tens of thousands of accounts that Mannequin can use.

Bruh
Naru played along, you didnt and im wondering why shape stepped in saying somethimg innacurate anyways. It only took another one of these shitters for any action at all to take place.

I didn't play along, I simply explained what happened. It technically made it harder for mannequin to use older accounts, but that didn't solve the issue.

Besides, I haven't known what Dev plans are for years. I go by what I hear in ear-shot. (text-wise) Hence why I didn't say "Oh yes, everything will be perfect now" etc.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby woahah » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:33 am

Naru2008 wrote:
woahah wrote:

Bruh

I didn't play along, I simply explained what happened. It technically made it harder for mannequin to use older accounts, but that didn't solve the issue.

Besides, I haven't known what Dev plans are for years. I go by what I hear in ear-shot. (text-wise) Hence why I didn't say "Oh yes, everything will be perfect now" etc.

Pyro said it was, swamp was asked how and you said how. You were explaining why it should get better now. You obviously have an idea of what went on to "fix" it but it also seems obvious it wouldnt be perfect.
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:36 am

woahah wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:
woahah wrote:

Bruh

Pyro said it was, swamp was asked how and you said how. You were explaining why it should get better now. You obviously have an idea of what went on to "fix" it but it also seems obvious it wouldnt be perfect.

Well I apologize otherwise. Wasn't my intention to go along with 'everything should be fine now'.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PterryDactyl » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 am

Naru2008 wrote:
SwampRabbit wrote:

We had maintenance yesterday for account security and to lock out all compromised accounts within certain peramiters.

I think someone should find out who mannequin is and then a lawsuit can be started. If someone lucks out, maybe it can go to Judge Judy or something. This could start a whole spinoff and it could be called 'Cyber Court'.

Also Judge Judy discussing Town of Salem would be the single greatest advertising this game would ever receive.
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Postby jaw0608 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:17 am

Judge Judy would probably go off on BMG since mannequin is actually their fault for getting breached in the first place. Which also could easily be avoided if they stop being pussies and reset everyone's password because currently thousands of accounts is public info for anybody to take and troll on.
jaw0608

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 am

jaw0608 wrote:Judge Judy would probably go off on BMG since mannequin is actually their fault for getting breached in the first place. Which also could easily be avoided if they stop being pussies and reset everyone's password because currently thousands of accounts is public info for anybody to take and troll on.

Passwords were reset on a specific parameter of accounts. Now instead of hundreds of thousands, there should be just a few thousand or so. If BMG were to force reset everyone, it'd reset over 3.2 million accounts. Those who will still be able to be accessed by manniquin are those who didn't reset their password after the breach (and obviously, don't fit the reset parameters used at the moment.)

As for finding out who Mannequin is; They're using TOR so it's basically gg right now.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TurdPile » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:25 am

Naru2008 wrote:
jaw0608 wrote:Judge Judy would probably go off on BMG since mannequin is actually their fault for getting breached in the first place. Which also could easily be avoided if they stop being pussies and reset everyone's password because currently thousands of accounts is public info for anybody to take and troll on.

Passwords were reset on a specific parameter of accounts. Now instead of hundreds of thousands, there should be just a few thousand or so. If BMG were to force reset everyone, it'd reset over 3.2 million accounts. Those who will still be able to be accessed by manniquin are those who didn't reset their password after the breach (and obviously, don't fit the reset parameters used at the moment.)

As for finding out who Mannequin is; They're using TOR so it's basically gg right now.

They reset 3.2 million based on said parameters. There were 5 million IIRC at the time of the breach. 2 million is still a massive amount of accounts to work with.
I have mostly rescinded my role as Admin.

All previous contact should instead be redirected to Flavorable.

If your inquiry doesn't directly have to do with Trial 2.0 or TrialBot, then please refrain from messaging.

Thank you.
TurdPile
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Brilliand » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Naru2008 wrote:As for finding out who Mannequin is; They're using TOR so it's basically gg right now.

Achilles potentially has the ability to pull stunts involving updating the game client. When you control software running at both ends of the TOR path, there are things you can do to work around it. Probably not worth it, but still.

-----

Come to think of it... Achilles may be able to determine which version of the game client Mannequin is running? That by itself should be pretty safe, and it might be enlightening.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Still, I'm concerned about Shapesifter's comment. He said things would be getting better now, while Naru and Turdpile said it wouldn't. Why is that? Does he know something that we all don't? Or was he just saying that to calm people down, as woahah suggested?
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:49 pm

Naru2008 wrote:

Isn't TOR sort of dying out? I dunno it was cool and edgy when I was in high school but nowdays its like...not as anon.
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Cataracts wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:

Isn't TOR sort of dying out? I dunno it was cool and edgy when I was in high school but nowdays its like...not as anon.

TOR is still relevant and isn't any less anonymous than when they first created it. Your ISP still can't see what you're doing, just the last node used and the website.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SwampRabbit » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:18 pm

I have not seen mannequin in a game after the increased security. I play almost exclusively ranked masters level, so tbh, that is the only games I care about. And, it seems that whatever BMG did made things better from my perspective.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:41 pm

SwampRabbit wrote:I have not seen mannequin in a game after the increased security. I play almost exclusively ranked masters level, so tbh, that is the only games I care about. And, it seems that whatever BMG did made things better from my perspective.

Currently he's just joining with two bot accounts (compromised ones), reporting everyone, and then leaving, flooding the Trial System with false reports.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Razbae » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:20 am

I bet mannequin gets paid a ton of money sitting in some office bored as hell all day.
Razbae
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby Voriki » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:27 am

Razbae wrote:I bet mannequin gets paid a ton of money sitting in some office bored as hell all day.

Mannequin, what is your job?
Mannequin wrote:PLEASE
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Return to Feedback