This game is being run by incompetence incarnate

Put any feedback about the game here.

This game is being run by incompetence incarnate

Postby IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIl » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:52 pm

Servers go down, don't see a single official message, except at the end of one of the many threads complaining about it. Servers down for hours.

Servers come back up, in each of the three games I've played, there have been game-derailing glitches (Important messages such as "you healed your target" or "you were transported to another location" not showing up for players, causing chaos and mislynches/executions).

Hackers go to town on paying customers, mods go "oh well, hope the banned people buy more accounts :-)" instead of forcing a password change or IP banning the responsible parties.

I could go on, but I wouldn't want to get banned for being a pottymouth, gods forbid I say a naughty thing and make the mods get their nukes.

Get some competent staff please.
IlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIlIl

Re: This game is being run by incompetence incarnate

Postby Jerme » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Thats true, we did indeed forget to announce the downtime once we (the forum staff) have found out about this.
About the missing messages, would you have screenshots of this?
From the current account compromising, we are aware of the mannequin-guy having access to accounts mostly pre p2p change. IP banning would be no use, as that one could be easily avoided. There was recently a forced passwordchange for accounts that haven't been logged into for a while, but it should be broadened for each account that did not change their password in 2019. About our stance you mentioned: This is incorrect. The cases of those, who got compromised, are investigated and handled accordingly. When an account got justifically banned, there is nothing we can do for them.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Jerme wrote:Thats true, we did indeed forget to announce the downtime once we (the forum staff) have found out about this.
From the current account compromising, we are aware of the mannequin-guy having access to accounts mostly pre p2p change. IP banning would be no use, as that one could be easily avoided. There was recently a forced passwordchange for accounts that haven't been logged into for a while, but it should be broadened for each account that did not change their password in 2019. About our stance you mentioned: This is incorrect. The cases of those, who got compromised, are investigated and handled accordingly. When an account got justifically banned, there is nothing we can do for them.

The issue is, it isn't our responsibility to announce the downtime, or monitor the servers, not that we can do more than normal users in that regard (i.e: We get stuck on 'Verifying Account', one of two things are happening; Servers are dying, or are dead). I didn't even find out until 2 hours later when Flavor pointed it out. It's the developers' responsibility, and they make it so hard to even talk to them or reach them, that if TP isn't busy, you can bet you're probably not going to get a response anytime soon. (I know you have your connections Jerme, but still.)

As for OP, I want to apologize on behalf of the staff (Devs included) for the issues experienced today, even if we (as Mods and Admins) cannot do anything about these issues, other than try to pester the Devs and get them to notice the game is down. It is silly this happened for up towards 6 or so hours and nobody blinked an eye until closer to the end.

In regards to the account resets, Jerme basically addressed it, however, the quote you provided is slander and baseless, as none of us Moderators (or Administrators) have said such a thing, nor do we think such things. The developers, on the other hand, you're free to assume whatever. We apologize (again) as we cannot do anything to help those accounts affected, and some are even close friends of ours that we haven't been able to stop ahead of time. All we can offer is instructions on how to reset your account, and what details to provide to BMG if you're locked out of your account due to the reset.

We appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

Cheers.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Razbae » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:59 am

This is like a role suggestion. You've got a specific idea for something great to enhance the game and you post it in the correct forum with a lot of support just to have the game stay in its current state. Great points in the thread; pointless to make it though.
Razbae
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby BasicFourLife » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:26 am

Naru2008 wrote:
Jerme wrote:Thats true, we did indeed forget to announce the downtime once we (the forum staff) have found out about this.

The issue is, it isn't our responsibility to announce the downtime, or monitor the servers, not that we can do more than normal users in that regard (i.e: We get stuck on 'Verifying Account', one of two things are happening; Servers are dying, or are dead). I didn't even find out until 2 hours later when Flavor pointed it out. It's the developers' responsibility, and they make it so hard to even talk to them or reach them, that if TP isn't busy, you can bet you're probably not going to get a response anytime soon. (I know you have your connections Jerme, but still.)

As for OP, I want to apologize on behalf of the staff (Devs included) for the issues experienced today, even if we (as Mods and Admins) cannot do anything about these issues, other than try to pester the Devs and get them to notice the game is down. It is silly this happened for up towards 6 or so hours and nobody blinked an eye until closer to the end.

In regards to the account resets, Jerme basically addressed it, however, the quote you provided is slander and baseless, as none of us Moderators (or Administrators) have said such a thing, nor do we think such things. The developers, on the other hand, you're free to assume whatever. We apologize (again) as we cannot do anything to help those accounts affected, and some are even close friends of ours that we haven't been able to stop ahead of time. All we can offer is instructions on how to reset your account, and what details to provide to BMG if you're locked out of your account due to the reset.

We appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

Cheers.

^^^^

naru can confirm that the developer team is run by some, how do i put it nicely uhh ..
You know vegetables all have an expiree date when they start going bad after some time and slowly go worse and worse? Well thats how i would describe the dev team.. they started off as a juicy apple you picked from a tree and left on the table for too long, and after months or even years, you finally notice it and when youre about to eat it, it tastes like shit.. thats how i would put the dev team and the state of town of salem

tldr theyre garbage
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:18 pm

Kirize12 wrote:Pre-pay2play accounts being hacked by mannequin and permanently banned is a non-issue.
What planet do you live on!?
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Under what "perspective" is people getting hacked and banned by a botter looking to ruin games "a non-issue"?
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:43 am

Kirize12 wrote:Pre-pay2play accounts being hacked by mannequin and permanently banned is a non-issue.

If Mannequin were simply deleting the accounts he hacks, it would be a non-issue.

However, Mannequin is doing things that harm others besides the owners of the accounts he hacks.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Jerme » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:18 pm

Kirize, how about you try to explain what you exactly mean?
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Voriki » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:58 am

Kirize12 wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:Under what "perspective" is people getting hacked and banned by a botter looking to ruin games "a non-issue"?

Get your head a bit farther up your ass and you'll see from my perspective.

So your head is up your ass even further? O.o
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Postby ChemicalKing » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:58 pm

The staff are hardline "by the books" types who essentially are only robotically doing things. I think only a few people have the power to patch in notes about the servers and deal with hackers. They have apparently reached some position in the community to receive even these token positions, so I highly doubt there will be any new staff or any change over. Not to say you are not saying anything valid, but they very much cling to the idea that this is a private space on the internet.
ChemicalKing
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:01 pm

ChemicalKing wrote:The staff are hardline "by the books" types who essentially are only robotically doing things. I think only a few people have the power to patch in notes about the servers and deal with hackers. They have apparently reached some position in the community to receive even these token positions, so I highly doubt there will be any new staff or any change over. Not to say you are not saying anything valid, but they very much cling to the idea that this is a private space on the internet.

By assisting the community and being helpful, we've gained these 'token' spots. :roll: Sure.

Also, all previous staff leaving never happened? Okay then. :BlueThink:

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:02 pm

If by "staff" ChemicalKing means the GMods, then none of that matters because his point is misinformed from the start. The real problem is that despite you doing all you can, you're not the ones with the power to stop Mannequin. The Devs are, and they've been completely silent about the issue except for one comment by shapesifter that wasn't backed up with any explanation by himself or any other dev. They've basically left us (both the players affected by this, and the Judges/GMods who help) scrambling to recover by ourselves.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby B1anket » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:54 pm

I've been wondering why there have been no game updates ever since what feels like coven came out and after reading this thread I feel like I understand completely. It's a shame this game is being so mismanaged, it really is.
B1anket
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby B1anket » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:56 pm

It really is a shame this game is being so mismanaged, it really is.
B1anket
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Flavorable » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:54 pm

B1anket wrote:I've been wondering why there have been no game updates ever since what feels like coven came out and after reading this thread I feel like I understand completely. It's a shame this game is being so mismanaged, it really is.

The lack of updates had been repeatedly explained. The game needs to be ported to a different engine (Unity) before Flash completely dies out, otherwise there will no longer be a game to play.
That has absolutely nothing to do with a hacker/hackers ruining people's games, though.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ChemicalKing » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Naru2008 wrote:By assisting the community and being helpful, we've gained these 'token' spots.

Also, all previous staff leaving never happened? Okay then.

You clearly have not been helpful to this individual. You could stand to be a bit more forthcoming with the community, and maybe not respond so defensively to any form of criticism. I think everyone would agree there are plenty of situations and certain people that you could have handled far better than you did.
ChemicalKing
Executioner
Executioner

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:55 pm

ChemicalKing wrote:
Naru2008 wrote:By assisting the community and being helpful, we've gained these 'token' spots.

Also, all previous staff leaving never happened? Okay then.

You clearly have not been helpful to this individual. You could stand to be a bit more forthcoming with the community, and maybe not respond so defensively to any form of criticism. I think everyone would agree there are plenty of situations and certain people that you could have handled far better than you did.

That wasn't me being defensive lol

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby B1anket » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:33 pm

Flavorable wrote:
B1anket wrote:I've been wondering why there have been no game updates ever since what feels like coven came out and after reading this thread I feel like I understand completely. It's a shame this game is being so mismanaged, it really is.

The lack of updates had been repeatedly explained. The game needs to be ported to a different engine (Unity) before Flash completely dies out, otherwise there will no longer be a game to play.
That has absolutely nothing to do with a hacker/hackers ruining people's games, though.

If the dev team comprised of 2 people that would be a valid excuse
B1anket
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:40 pm

B1anket wrote:
Flavorable wrote:

If the dev team comprised of 2 people that would be a valid excuse

Technically there is only two 'developers'. The rest are Community Manager, Artists, and Server Admin, iirc.
There may be a third, but the point remains it's still a valid excuse.

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby B1anket » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:28 pm

If they managed the game properly they'd have been able to hire more people a long time ago
B1anket
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:17 am

B1anket wrote:If they managed the game properly they'd have been able to hire more people a long time ago

I suppose the couldve taken a page out of Zyngas book, maybe charged $10 to unlock a role? giving free players - Medium, BG, sheriff, Framer, Forger, jester and vamp?
Introduced pay 2 win cosmetics.. a hat that makes you appear inno to sherrif? bullet proof vests at 10 for $5? extra vigi bullets for a dollar each? anti jester cape that lasts 1 match?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:40 am

kyuss420 wrote:
B1anket wrote:If they managed the game properly they'd have been able to hire more people a long time ago

I suppose the couldve taken a page out of Zyngas book, maybe charged $10 to unlock a role? giving free players - Medium, BG, sheriff, Framer, Forger, jester and vamp?
Introduced pay 2 win cosmetics.. a hat that makes you appear inno to sherrif? bullet proof vests at 10 for $5? extra vigi bullets for a dollar each? anti jester cape that lasts 1 match?

Nice :lol:
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Next

Return to Feedback