NK is Broken. Please Fix.

Put any feedback about the game here.

NK is Broken. Please Fix.

Postby ElleJoy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:02 am

So basically, all NK has to do, all game, is sit and sat nothing and not kill and at the end of the game, 9/10 times, someone will just reach out and hand them a win because "mafia sucks" or whatever nonsense they come up with for justifying it. It's stupid and unfair. NK can't be killed by mafia cause they all have strong defense, and Arso and WW are buffed so sheriff can't find them easily. Basically just need to kick up their heels and wait for a dumb townie and NE to vote up the last maf and they have it made. Three games in a row now, NK won by doing literally -nothing-. Didn't even kill. This is why people leave d1 when they're mafia. It's almost impossible tow in, anymore as maf. I don't actually blame the quitters.
ElleJoy
Executioner
Executioner

Re: NK is Broken. Please Fix.

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:45 am

If both the mafia and the town aren't trying to find and hang the NK, then they're not playing the game right.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:11 pm

You cannot seriously be complaining that a faction that only wins 7% of the time is unfair...
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Postby ElleJoy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 am

You cannot seriously be complaining that a faction that only wins 7% of the time is unfair...

When most of those wins are unearned? Yeah. I'm gonna complain about it. It's frustrating to be in a game where you're maf and working your tail off to win and it's down to you, NK and a townie/NE and the townie/NE decide to auto-side with NK for no reason than they're NK... when said NK has been AFK all game and legitimately did nothing to deserve a win.

Their win rate sucks because they're a solo role with 14 people working on other teams, but that doesn't change the fact that in 1v1v1, they almost always win based purely on town spite or pity. The problem is people don't HAVE To do anything to win, and more often than not the times they lose is when they -do- make night moves. So maybe make them more interesting so people don't go AFK. Make it so they have more to do than night kills... Heck... Make it so they CAN'T win, unless they actually make a night move...

Something.
ElleJoy
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MysticMismagius » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:38 pm

If you’re NK and you even get that far as to be in a 1v1v1, you probably did something right. Especially in Ranked/RP.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:40 pm

ElleJoy wrote:It's frustrating to be in a game where you're maf and working your tail off to win and it's down to you, NK and a townie/NE and the townie/NE decide to auto-side with NK for no reason than they're NK... when said NK has been AFK all game and legitimately did nothing to deserve a win.

Then why don't you find and hang the NK BEFORE that happens? Call out the quiet people, and get them hanged. If you wait until that long before finally deciding "eh, I guess now I'll try and get the NK hanged", then that's your fault.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Brilliand » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:43 pm

IMO NK should auto-win if it's 1v1v1. Reduce the number of kingmaker scenarios.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Jalandh » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:43 pm

ElleJoy wrote:

When most of those wins are unearned? Yeah. I'm gonna complain about it. It's frustrating to be in a game where you're maf and working your tail off to win and it's down to you, NK and a townie/NE and the townie/NE decide to auto-side with NK for no reason than they're NK... when said NK has been AFK all game and legitimately did nothing to deserve a win.

Their win rate sucks because they're a solo role with 14 people working on other teams, but that doesn't change the fact that in 1v1v1, they almost always win based purely on town spite or pity. The problem is people don't HAVE To do anything to win, and more often than not the times they lose is when they -do- make night moves. So maybe make them more interesting so people don't go AFK. Make it so they have more to do than night kills... Heck... Make it so they CAN'T win, unless they actually make a night move...

Something.

If a single nk has outlived your entire team to that point? Yeah you kinda deserve to lose to them.
Use your full power. Take out your soul weapon, and do your best. Otherwise...

You'll die.
Jalandh
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jackparrot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:28 am

PleaseReadSiege wrote:If both the mafia and the town aren't trying to find and hang the NK, then they're not playing the game right.

(In early and mid game at least) the NK is not a significant threat to either the town (they have the numbers) or mafia (NK would try and kill town in order to get the town and NK to an equal population). Therefore it is only in late game that town/mafia should go for NK.

ElleJoy wrote:So basically, all NK has to do, all game, is sit and sat nothing and not kill and at the end of the game, 9/10 times, someone will just reach out and hand them a win because "mafia sucks" or whatever nonsense they come up with for justifying it. It's stupid and unfair. NK can't be killed by mafia cause they all have strong defense, and Arso and WW are buffed so sheriff can't find them easily. Basically just need to kick up their heels and wait for a dumb townie and NE to vote up the last maf and they have it made. Three games in a row now, NK won by doing literally -nothing-. Didn't even kill. This is why people leave d1 when they're mafia. It's almost impossible tow in, anymore as maf. I don't actually blame the quitters.

Umm... no, if, as NK you sit around and don’t do anything you will get hanged/exe’d. While it is true that NK can’t be killed by mafia, NK is on a one (sometimes two with witch) man team, which means no one will help them and will actively try to lynch them, where as mafia has allies who can “confirm” a team member. NK is actually quite weak

As others have said, if you get to the last 3-4 as NK, you did do something. The reason the last townie/NE gives the win to NK is because NK is much harder to win as than NE, and generally NK works much harder than maf to win. In your particular instance it seems the NK were afk, I suggest you report that.

When people quit a game, it ruins it for everyone else and makes it less fun. Also, if you leave you are screwing over your team that now needs to work much harder since you left.
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SantanaTheSmall » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:02 pm

I’d also argue that not killing as NK can be a strategy in and of itself.

If WW doesn’t kill, he can slip by his sheriff claim or look like an exe when Town thinks it’s an Arso game.

You can say that this strategy is stupid, but doing nothing isnt always a sign of poor playing if NK talks with Town while he doesn’t kill.
SantanaTheSmall
Medium
Medium

Return to Feedback