START BANNING LEAVERS ON N1

Put any feedback about the game here.

Re: START BANNING LEAVERS ON N1

Postby LayleCB » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:22 am

I've gotten in a couple of debates in games before over this topic when people say "report x for leaving" but from the posts I've read on the forums and having reread the rules several times on the Trial System, you can't really do much about them. It sucks and I hate n1 leavers too, but I've also gotten a bit annoyed at people who parrot "report x for leaving" and throw the game for themselves / the rest of their team because the mafioso or an RM left. Reports for d1/n1 leaving come back inno on the trial system for this reason even if I've noticed they've had a pattern for it before, or more accurately, several more gamethrowing reports which I assume are for the same reason.

The rules clearly state if somebody's intentionally going against their role's goal, it's throwing. Which is why the stipulation that they can't really be punished unless they admit to leaving because of their role makes sense, because you can't really prove it was intentional otherwise. Maybe they got a call saying their grandma is in the hospital. Maybe their internet disconnected. Maybe they were typing out their fake will and accidentally hit the X on the window instead of closing the will. (I've actually had that one happen to me, funnily enough, shocker I didn't get reported for it.)
Maybe most of the time they did leave because of their role, but you can't prove it was intentional unless they said that was why. I wish there were a more justifiable punishment for it like James2 suggested, but the rules in place now makes sense. If d1/n1 leaving really bothers you that much, maybe you should just play Ranked. People don't leave Ranked like that in my experience.
LayleCB
Jester
Jester

Postby James2 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 pm

KatiyaKramer wrote:the planned leaver buster (which I believe is one of their top priorities

The "planned leaver buster" has been "one of their top priorities" for over four years.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Brilliand » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:57 am

James2 wrote:
KatiyaKramer wrote:the planned leaver buster (which I believe is one of their top priorities

The "planned leaver buster" has been "one of their top priorities" for over four years.

The very top priority has been kind of stuck for a few years.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Flavorable » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:38 am

Brilliand wrote:
James2 wrote:

It's a top priority AFTER Unity has been rolled out completely.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby James2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:06 pm

Flavorable wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
James2 wrote:

It's a top priority AFTER Unity has been rolled out completely.

The "leaver buster" had been a "priority" for at least two years when Flash's end-of-life was announced.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Yemac » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:48 pm

It seems to me that BMG waits with everything until Unity is done, and even though this is understandable, I think they should also realise that this paves the way for many throwers and leavers.

I do wonder if BMG is also changing the trial system. Is it compatible with the new Unity port or does it need to be changed? (because if it's compatible, I see no reason why there can't be a subsection "Leaving" under reportable offences. This way you could easily see if it's 'just a DC' or an actual leaver)
Yemac
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:47 pm

The reason why leaving is no longer reportable is because the devs want to fix the problem as devs, through a leaver-buster system, rather than through the Trial system.

Your first sentence embodies the problem with this.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby James2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:32 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:The reason why leaving is no longer reportable is because the devs want to fix the problem as devs, through a leaver-buster system

https://youtu.be/-dDbSyfU_04?t=86
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Voriki » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:46 am

SantanaTheSmall wrote:Only if they have a history of doing it. I’ve DCd before the game started and have been reported for it. Nothing I can do about that.

People who experience by accident, only have it happen so rarely.

So every time some leaves D1 or N1, a counter increases. Once the counter reaches x amounts of DC's within a time period of y days, you get a warning message on screen. With a short explanation that their leaving ruins a gaming experience for others. So what if you don't like playing a maf member, you do want others to play those roles, so why shouldn't you?
If infractions continue, a 24h ban.
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Previous

Return to Feedback